FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Selfie quality

810 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,840

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 9th July 2019, 10:15 AM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
You're beautiful and everyone knows it. That's why you take selfies. Rate this thread to express how the front-facing camera of the performs. A higher rating indicates that the front camera produces fantastic results consistently.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
25th October 2019, 06:31 PM |#2  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Imo it's worse than my 2 xl, seems to be more loss of detail on human face pictures and more noise unless you adjust the dual exposure settings so as far as Google is saying point and click no it is not for the front camera in slightly darker environments and i don't mean pitch black just in the house without sunlight. I shall try and sort 2 pictures out comparing both.
25th October 2019, 07:08 PM |#3  
Flag Toronto Ontario
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Actually find my regular Note 10 to take better selfies. But the Pixel takes better overall pics in my tests. Was worried about the video compared to the note but I'm very happy with the Pixels video.
The Following User Says Thank You to RoccoN4 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RoccoN4 Ad-Free
25th October 2019, 07:37 PM |#4  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Yeah it's ****ing terrible I've just done a comparison, the 4 XL selfie is piss poor compared to my 2 XL, wow never expected this, shocking just shocking, the noisy purple hue image is the 4 XL, wtf is Google playing at?
https://imgur.com/gallery/8joOmtU
26th October 2019, 09:00 PM |#5  
Flag Northern Mexico... AKA South Central Texas
Thanks Meter: 1,654

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ady1976

Yeah it's ****ing terrible I've just done a comparison, the 4 XL selfie is piss poor compared to my 2 XL, wow never expected this, shocking just shocking, the noisy purple hue image is the 4 XL, wtf is Google playing at?

I have no issues. Maybe.. just maybe whatever you're watching on TV was brighter between the shots? Looking at your couch the blue hue coming from your TV was much brighter meaning that wall was exposed to the brighter blue tint
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to the.emilio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift the.emilio Ad-Free
27th November 2019, 08:53 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 250

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ady1976

that's your damn tv 😂
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ceelos218 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ceelos218 Ad-Free
27th November 2019, 06:26 PM |#7  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,106

More
Here's an actual selfie comparison comparison between the Pixel 2 XL and the Pixel 4 XL. As you can see in strong background lighting the Pixel 4 XL wins with better color saturation and of course wider view.Click image for larger version

Name:	348518900.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	4888333Click image for larger version

Name:	427547670.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	4888335

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EeZeEpEe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EeZeEpEe Ad-Free
27th November 2019, 10:20 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
i think my P3 XL takes better selfies than my 4 XL
28th November 2019, 05:24 PM |#9  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,106

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suavie103

Pics or it doesn't happen. LOL. But for real, stating it is one thing and demonstrating is another.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
29th November 2019, 12:47 AM |#10  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suavie103

i think that loosing the AutoFocus on the front camera, has something to do with this.
Why no AF Google, why?
The Following User Says Thank You to idees For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift idees Ad-Free
30th November 2019, 10:23 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
This is the reason, smaller sensor!
Bad quality in sharpness of the face
Very disappointed
Actually i prefer oneplus 7t/pro which i had with gcam very sharp front camera
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191130-112038.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	257.9 KB