FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

WiFi strength, range, and throughput

810 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,895

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 9th July 2019, 10:15 AM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Rate this thread to express how you think the 's Wifi performs. A higher rating indicates that it has excellent range, throughput, and signal strength. Like when you're taking a dump in the bedroom upstairs, do your videos have to buffer or do they come through without interruption?

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
31st October 2019, 05:38 PM |#2  
Denver
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Constantly disconnects and reconnects to WiFi seemingly for no reason. Can be using the phone actively or it can be asleep. Happens on both my 4XL and my wifes 4. My connection logs on my WiFi show that my phone has reconnected 204 times in 24 hours. I have reset network settings to no avail. All other devices on WiFi work just fine.
1st November 2019, 09:28 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
That's weird... I definitely have not had any such issue. I would think maybe you got a bad phone but because it's on both you'll phones I think it's probably something with your wifi network... Firewall or possible internet monitoring software may be constantly kicking you off the network
1st November 2019, 11:54 PM |#4  
Denver

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manners400

That's weird... I definitely have not had any such issue. I would think maybe you got a bad phone but because it's on both you'll phones I think it's probably something with your wifi network... Firewall or possible internet monitoring software may be constantly kicking you off the network

Yea, I don't have a standard consumer Wi-Fi setup. I have 3 Ruckus wireless access points running off a virtual controller, but these are very popular/common in corporate environments. I have used the same setup with many Android devices in the past without issue, so something is different/broken with the Pixel 4. I took some packet captures and opened a ticket with Ruckus, will see what they say and if we can find a cause/solution.
5th January 2020, 06:58 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Did you ever find out why you keep getting constant disconnects with your setup? I never get disconnected on my home network and at work we run through access points and have never had a problem besides the fact that our broadband is slow as hell. But especially at home the WiFi is flawless. Sounds like you might be getting conflicts. Is it possible to dedicate an IP address to your device on your network?
17th January 2020, 10:55 PM |#6  
Denver

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeStyles

Did you ever find out why you keep getting constant disconnects with your setup? I never get disconnected on my home network and at work we run through access points and have never had a problem besides the fact that our broadband is slow as hell. But especially at home the WiFi is flawless. Sounds like you might be getting conflicts. Is it possible to dedicate an IP address to your device on your network?

I never did figure this out and it continues to happen on both my Pixel 4 XL and my wife's P4. I have updated the latest firmware on my WAPs, Ruckus R510 and H320.

All other devices work fine without disconnecting, 34 of them regularly connected.

In the January update I was hopeful because they listed "Wi-Fi crashes on certain enterprise access points" in the patch, but it has not helped.
Yesterday, 06:41 AM |#7  
Flag Kansas City, MO
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
My pixel 4 stays connected to WiFi all the time. On my iPhone it connects and disconnects all the time so on my pixel it's a habit that I check wifi all the time. I don't want to go over my data limit. My pixel 4 shows 3/4 bars all the time. I'm only one room over from the router? My iPhone shows 3/3 bars all the time. I switch between the 2 a lot. xD
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)