FORUMS

ADB Magisk Module Mod Installer

6,843 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,017

By Tulsadiver, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Contributor on 28th October 2019, 01:25 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is in place until TWRP is ready. You need root and of course you need to be attached to your PC. On first installation of systemui base, a pop-up asking to give ADB shell root permission will show. Please do so.

The purpose of this installer is to generate for you a custom module that you can flash in Magisk Manager. It will have all the mods that you have selected from the installer menu.

DARK MODE- If you want to use dark mode, flash SystemUI and Framework-stock like base. You can't use color background-text mods with Stock-like.

Custom clocks (am-pm, date, etc) and internet speed indicators do not change colors due to light-dark background colors like the statusbar icons do.

With themeable bases the settings suggestions that pop-up at the top of the settings menu do not work so if those are important to you, stick with stock-like bases.

The developer of Active edge gave me permission to use his base so that people would not have to make a choice between his and my mods. All credit for this goes to him. You must delete the active edge sense module and use one of my active edge modules. If it doesn't say active edge then it isn't active edge sense compatible. If there is an issue with edge sense after flashing, do not contact edge sense op with issues. He does not troubleshoot modified versions of his mod (and neither do I).

There is no way to test all possible combinations so some might not give you favorable results. I'd suggest that you have my boot to magisk core-only image on hand just in case.

I'm also including my Pixel Launcher mod. Also a ADB Installer. You can change app drawer background-text color (separately for light mode and dark mode), remove weather from Launcher. Change the number of hot seat icons on home page (and size) as well as change the number of columns in the app drawer.

ADB Installer Instructions-Root is required
!!! Make sure you have installed the 3Minit Resources APK prior to flashing the 3Minit Battery Mod!!! Install it via this installer:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...26312261607282.

1. Flash one of the SystemUI Bases First. They provide the necessary smali files and public ID's for everything to work.
2. Flash one of the Framework Bases . Select stock for stock QS Icon color. Otherwise, choose an QS Icon color. Gray, white, or gray.
3. FLASH ALL THE MODS YOU WANT. ONCE YOU DONE WITH EVERYTHING, FLASH THE "COMPLETE INSTALLATION" Option. This will create a Magisk Manager flashable zip in a folder on your sdcard called ozop. Flash that to install your selection of mods.

Stock like bases are limited to as what can be modded if you choose them. I suggest starting with first selection on SystemUI base and framework gray (color of QS Icons) instead of stock-like and making changes from there.

Root required
Instructions.
1. Unzip ADB Mods Installer Files.zip on your PC
2. Run TulsadiverModsInstaller.bat (Give ADB Root Permissions)
3. ADB debugging Enabled
4. Flash one of the SystemUI Bases First. They provide the necessary smali files and public ID's for everything to work
5. Flash one of the Framework Bases . Select stock for stock QS Icon color. Otherwise, choose an QS Icon color. Gray, white, or gray.
6. Go through the other options selecting what all mods you want. It is generally best to start at the top and work your way down.
7. Once finished with selections, run "Complete Installation" at the bottom

List of MODS Available
Clock Format and Position Mods
Internet Traffic Speed Single Indicator (changes from upload-download) otherwise signals are over/under
Choose Traffic Speed Indicator Up-Down Icon Colors (default is white)
Navbar Height Options
Navbar Swap
Remove NavBar-Leave stock text
3 Minit Battery
One percent custom battery Mods-Several to choose from
One percent custom battery Text-only-Several to choose from
Colored Statusbar-Navbar Icons
Choose number of QS columns 3-7
Colored Statusbar Icons
Colored Notification backgrounds
Colored Notification Text
Colored QS Icon Text
Colored QS background
Remove Carrier Text Options
Smaller LTE Icon
Settings Background Color
Settings Text Color
Remove QS Circles from around the Icons
Change the QS Circles color (selected and un-selected separately)
Change QS Icons OFF color
Custom Battery Sizes in case custom batteries are too large or too small
Choose Accent color (sliders, etc) in settings
Choose Power-Volume menu background color
Choose Power-Volume menu Text color

ADB Installer uploaded 2-13-20
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...26312261721962

ADB Launcher Installer uploaded 2-8-20
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...26312261719235
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Tulsadiver For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tulsadiver Ad-Free
28th October 2019, 01:53 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 249

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulsadiver

snip

Thanks for this!

Will this have the Active Edge support built-in like your center clock mod?
28th October 2019, 02:07 AM |#3  
OP Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilal2ielli

Thanks for this!

Will this have the Active Edge support built-in like your center clock mod?

Yes, there are Active edge bases to choose from.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tulsadiver For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tulsadiver Ad-Free
28th October 2019, 03:06 AM |#4  

More
Quote:

Yes, there are Active edge bases to choose from.

Just finished building a basic mod with Active Edge, center clock with day, and WiFi traffic. Everything works perfectly.

Thanks again!
The Following User Says Thank You to ilal2ielli For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ilal2ielli Ad-Free
28th October 2019, 08:44 PM |#5  
RC-RT Committee - Lead / Senior Moderator
London
Thanks Meter: 26,413

Donate to Me
More
Hi,

Thanks for this.

I managed to get a center clock , and swap the nav bar around.

If I want to add more things , like changing text colors in qs for example , do I have to make an entire new mymagisk.zip?
I.E. run the base and framework again?

If I do , will I have to run the center clock and nav swap again?

And what happens to the mymagisk.zip?
Does it get replaced , or do I have to delete it before I start again?

28th October 2019, 10:09 PM |#6  

More
Had another thought, will we need to rebuild the module when the monthly updates come like it was in the past?
28th October 2019, 10:58 PM |#7  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by malybru

Hi,

Thanks for this.

I managed to get a center clock , and swap the nav bar around.

If I want to add more things , like changing text colors in qs for example , do I have to make an entire new mymagisk.zip?
I.E. run the base and framework again?

If I do , will I have to run the center clock and nav swap again?

And what happens to the mymagisk.zip?
Does it get replaced , or do I have to delete it before I start again?

Yes, you have to redo everything you did previously and add the new ones as well. Apks can only be modded once in magisk so it has to be done over. The module.prop remains the same. mymagisk.zip will be over-written and once flashed, the module will be replaced. No need to remove. What I do is rename my mymagisk.zip to something else and leave it in case I want to use it again. Again, the module prop is the same so it will over-write what is currently installed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tulsadiver For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tulsadiver Ad-Free
28th October 2019, 11:01 PM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilal2ielli

Had another thought, will we need to rebuild the module when the monthly updates come like it was in the past?

Depends on what changes. Lots of times the SystemUIGoogle.apk and framework-res.apk are left unchanged in updates. But if it changes, I'll have to build and upload another new updated ADB Installer.

Edit: that is why I try to put dates on my uploads.
28th October 2019, 11:04 PM |#9  
RC-RT Committee - Lead / Senior Moderator
London
Thanks Meter: 26,413

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yes, you have to redo everything you did previously and add the new ones well. Apks can only be modded once in magisk so it has to be done over. The module.prop remains the same. mymagisk.zip will be over-written and the once flashed, the module will be replaced. No need to remove. What I do is rename my mymagisk.zip to something else and leave it in case I want to use it again. Again, the module prop is the same so it will over-write what is currently installed.

OK , thanks.

I actually find this method easier than faffing around in TWRP.

Good idea to keep the ready made "mymagisk.zips" for future re-use

The Following User Says Thank You to malybru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift malybru Ad-Free
28th October 2019, 11:06 PM |#10  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by malybru

OK , thanks.

I actually find this method easier than faffing around in TWRP.

Good idea to keep the ready made "mymagisk.zips" for future re-use

Yes and if someone likes your setup you can share your ready made zip with someone else. I make them for people all the time as this can be difficult for some people and also the ADB Installer is a large zip. Some people have poor internet connections.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tulsadiver For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tulsadiver Ad-Free
28th October 2019, 11:25 PM |#11  

More
Quote:

Depends on what changes. Lots of times the SystemUIGoogle.apk and framework-res.apk are left unchanged in updates. But if it changes, I'll have to build and upload another new updated ADB Installer.

Edit: that is why I try to put dates on my uploads.

Got it. Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)