FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MAGISK] [Tasker][Release] Motion Sense (Soli/Oslo) Mod

153 posts
Thanks Meter: 82

By ashergray, Senior Member on 29th October 2019, 10:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Release of OsloBridge v1.1.0 can be found here https://github.com/jcarletto27/magis...e_mod/releases

The purpose of this is to broadcast intents that Tasker can pick up as events. I plan on sending a PR to TopJohnWu once i hear back on some QA. Please update me here in this thread if you find any bugs! In my own testing I've found that the official apps like Pokemon wave hello and Headed South still function fine.

This module overwrites the built-in Bridge with a modified one that does not check for Googles signature on the requesting app, essentially letting anyone with knowledge of the bridge api to create an app to use MotionSense. My app which I'm calling OsloBridger (Oslo is the internal name for the MotionSense app) creates a foreground service that works even if the screen is off. I've not noticed any serious battery issues, but time will tell.

If you have issues please post here with the following and I'll do my best to help:
Device : (Pixel 4, Pixel 4XL)
Patch Date: (Oct,Nov,etc)
Are you Rooted with Magisk? : (Yes, No)
Other Modules Installed: (Systemless Hosts, edXposed, etc.)
Do you have Tasker installed ? (Yes, No)
Is "Allow External Access" checked in the Tasker Misc Preferences? (Yes, No)
When you start the service in OsloBridger what does it say in the Notification? (Reach, Flick Gestures Active)
Level of Tasker Experience ? (Novice, Experienced)
Also, please provide the task your trying to run. The steps to do that are Go to Tasks -> Long Press the Task you want to execute -> Click Three Dots in top right -> Export -> Description to Clipboard and paste it here

Update Nov 7, 2019 : I've updated the OsloBridger app to now allow the selection of specific tasks from within the app. No more setting up broadcast receivers in Tasker!

Advanced Users:
The app will still send those same broadcasts if you don't select a task in OsloBridger, so no changes for those setup already. I find this way to be more flexible because you can add multiple conditions to the event in Tasker, but I get that Tasker can have a huge learning curve.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ashergray For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ashergray Ad-Free
29th October 2019, 11:55 PM |#2  
Flag Roma, Tx
Thanks Meter: 2,565

Donate to Me
More
Not sure if this will help, but I have used a magisk module to replace an apk in the product folder. Not sure if it's the same but the directory is /system/product/..….

I noticed in root explorer that the product directory in system is a shortcut to the one in the root directory

Btw, since you already digging around. Anyway to bypass the country restriction. I live so close to Mexico that it turns off every now and then.
The Following User Says Thank You to eg1122 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eg1122 Ad-Free
30th October 2019, 09:14 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 14

Donate to Me
More
It would be awesome if we can use Soli sensor with Tasker.
Actually, I've posted this suggestion on Tasker forum. and he, joaomgcd, also looking forward to it.
30th October 2019, 01:26 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rock Hill SC
Thanks Meter: 82

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eg1122

Not sure if this will help, but I have used a magisk module to replace an apk in the product folder. Not sure if it's the same but the directory is /system/product/..….

I noticed in root explorer that the product directory in system is a shortcut to the one in the root directory

Btw, since you already digging around. Anyway to bypass the country restriction. I live so close to Mexico that it turns off every now and then.

Thanks that might be exactly what I was looking for. In my digging I did find a country code in a preference file somewhere. I've also heard that it's restricted based on which service provider. I'll find the file and you can let me know if it works in your country.
The Following User Says Thank You to ashergray For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ashergray Ad-Free
30th October 2019, 11:46 PM |#5  
Flag Kyiv
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashergray

Thanks that might be exactly what I was looking for. In my digging I did find a country code in a preference file somewhere. I've also heard that it's restricted based on which service provider. I'll find the file and you can let me know if it works in your country.

Quote:

Also looked into Motion Sense APK. Restriction is phone number country code based, can be bypassed. Also looks like its developers left setting to disable country checks at all. TO do that, you just need to change android setting 'pixel.oslo.allowed_override' to '1' or 'true'. This way modified APK not needed.

I can't try this right now but if you want to check, then connect Pixel 4 with developer mode and execute command in adb shell:
Code:
adb shell setprop pixel.oslo.allowed_override true
or
Code:
adb shell "setprop persist.pixel.oslo.allowed_override true; setprop ctl.restart zygote"
or edit system/build.prop with some app
You need root to do this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eugnis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Eugnis Ad-Free
31st October 2019, 01:59 AM |#6  
Flag Roma, Tx

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugnis

Also looked into Motion Sense APK. Restriction is phone number country code based, can be bypassed. Also looks like its developers left setting to disable country checks at all. TO do that, you just need to change android setting 'pixel.oslo.allowed_override' to '1' or 'true'. This way modified APK not needed.

I can't try this right now but if you want to check, then connect Pixel 4 with developer mode and execute command in adb shell:

i tried the first command, i'll let you know if it sticks
31st October 2019, 08:54 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

i tried the first command, i'll let you know if it sticks

Did the override work?
I am from Hong Kong and Google banned my region as well
31st October 2019, 01:43 PM |#8  
Flag Roma, Tx

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris111111

Did the override work?
I am from Hong Kong and Google banned my region as well

Well, I live in the US but live so close to Mexico that I get signal from their carriers every now and then and it turns off. Has not turned off since I did the command
31st October 2019, 05:38 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Well, I live in the US but live so close to Mexico that I get signal from their carriers every now and then and it turns off. Has not turned off since I did the command

So Glad to hear that! Gotta try it out when I get my phone
31st October 2019, 05:42 PM |#10  
Flag Chengdu
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugnis

Code:
adb shell setprop pixel.oslo.allowed_override true
or
Code:
adb shell "setprop persist.pixel.oslo.allowed_override true; setprop ctl.restart zygote"
or edit system/build.prop with some app
You need root to do this.

Thanks,According to your prompt, my friend has written the EDXPOSED module to open Motion Sense in any region.
31st October 2019, 08:26 PM |#11  
Flag Roma, Tx

Donate to Me
More
Well ever since I ran the command, motion sense has not turned off
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)