FORUMS

Permanently setting 3rd party default launcher with gestures

305 posts
Thanks Meter: 124

By madscribblerz, Senior Member on 7th November 2019, 12:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Don't know if everyone has this issue, but I've installed Nova and every time I rebooted my first home action went to the pixel launcher instead of Nova. After each reboot I was having to launch Nova, go into settings and set it as the default launcher again to make it work right. Freezing the pixel launcher disables the recent apps.

Doing some digging I found something that solved this for me. It has something to do with the broadcast receivers the pixel launcher is requesting.

I used SD maid to disable all of the pixel launchers broadcast receivers and it works great.

Hope this helps someone save some time as it wasn't straightforward to search for.
7th November 2019, 04:06 AM |#2  
Flag Canada
Thanks Meter: 776

Donate to Me
More
Never had this issue and I've been using nova since day one. And gestures work perfectly
7th November 2019, 04:48 AM |#3  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Canton, OH
Thanks Meter: 8,539

Donate to Me
More
Doesn't Nova break QuickSwitch recents though?
7th November 2019, 05:59 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I've not had issues using the native gestures together with Nova Launcher. QuickSwitch works too. What I did was set the default launcher as Nova Launcher from the Pixel Settings app, doing it from Nova Launcher settings doesn't seem to make it stick for some reason.
7th November 2019, 03:48 PM |#5  
Flag Colton, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,398

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madscribblerz

Don't know if everyone has this issue, but I've installed Nova and every time I rebooted my first home action went to the pixel launcher instead of Nova. After each reboot I was having to launch Nova, go into settings and set it as the default launcher again to make it work right. Freezing the pixel launcher disables the recent apps.

Doing some digging I found something that solved this for me. It has something to do with the broadcast receivers the pixel launcher is requesting.

I used SD maid to disable all of the pixel launchers broadcast receivers and it works great.

Hope this helps someone save some time as it wasn't straightforward to search for.

How did you do this in SD Maid?
7th November 2019, 03:57 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmaxx23

How did you do this in SD Maid?

I went to the receiver manager, clicked the three dots in the upper right, checked other and they showed up.

I also found that if I wait a bit after the home screen comes up before using it it doesn't have the weird launcher behavior. So it might have been a matter of waiting long enough for initialization too.
The Following User Says Thank You to madscribblerz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift madscribblerz Ad-Free
7th November 2019, 04:00 PM |#7  
Flag Colton, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,398

More
Quote:

I went to the receiver manager, clicked the three dots in the upper right, checked other and they showed up.

I also found that if I wait a bit after the home screen comes up before using it it doesn't have the weird launcher behavior. So it might have been a matter of waiting long enough for initialization too.

I'm not seeing Receiver Manager, is it only in the Pro version?
7th November 2019, 04:01 PM |#8  
Forum Moderator
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 8,296

More
Quote:

If your using Nova with root, you likely didn't wait long enough. Had the same issue as you here and there. If I waited a minute, was fine
7th November 2019, 04:04 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmaxx23

I'm not seeing Receiver Manager, is it only in the Pro version?

Maybe, I do have pro.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191107-090101.png
Views:	492
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	4869235  
7th November 2019, 04:05 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger50

If your using Nova with root, you likely didn't wait long enough. Had the same issue as you here and there. If I waited a minute, was fine

Thanks Badger, happy to see you here.

You mention root being a factor - does hiding root from Nova help?
The Following User Says Thank You to madscribblerz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift madscribblerz Ad-Free
7th November 2019, 04:29 PM |#11  
Forum Moderator
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 8,296

More
Quote:

Thanks Badger, happy to see you here.

You mention root being a factor - does hiding root from Nova help?

You too bruh! I don't hide root from Nova. I use it for the lockscreen swipe up gesture, and other accessibility features
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)