FORUMS

[ROOT] Enable Soli in any country

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By Eugnis, Junior Member on 31st October 2019, 08:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Made a new thread as seems this is demanded option. Some people already checked this and looks like this works. I can't check right now but if you want, please check and post if it works for you.

Restriction is phone number country code based, can be bypassed. Also looks like its developers left setting to disable country checks at all. To do that, you just need to change android setting 'pixel.oslo.allowed_override' to '1' or 'true'.

Connect Pixel 4 with developer mode and execute command in adb shell:
Code:
adb shell setprop pixel.oslo.allowed_override true
or
Code:
adb shell "setprop persist.pixel.oslo.allowed_override true; setprop ctl.restart zygote"
or edit system/build.prop with some app (eg. MagiskHide Props Config)
You need root to do this.

Also there is Xposed Module in xposed manager to do this automatically called "EnableSoliOnPixel4", here's thread about it https://forum.xda-developers.com/pix...china-t3994917
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eugnis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Eugnis Ad-Free
1st November 2019, 02:45 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Do I need root permission to execute this command via adb? Thanks

Sent from my Google Pixel 2 using XDA Labs
1st November 2019, 07:11 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Kyiv

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monazite

Do I need root permission to execute this command via adb? Thanks

Sent from my Google Pixel 2 using XDA Labs

Yes, without root you can’t edit system props
1st November 2019, 08:13 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugnis

Yes, without root you can’t edit system props

getting failed to set property reply. any idea what i'm doing wrong?
1st November 2019, 02:17 PM |#5  
Does it mean that I still can use soli in any country even that country doesn't support for it ?
For example, If I traveled to Japan one day, I still can use soli after enable soli by this xposed module ?

Kris
1st November 2019, 05:23 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Kyiv

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar5099

getting failed to set property reply. any idea what i'm doing wrong?

Looks like ADB not received root rights on phone. To check this use
Code:
adb shell su
if you receive response ' su: not found ' then you should enable root access for adb on phone (with supersu or similar)

Also you can set this prop with MagiskHide Props Config from phone if you used Magisk to root it
1st November 2019, 05:27 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Kyiv

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chen

Does it mean that I still can use soli in any country even that country doesn't support for it ?
For example, If I traveled to Japan one day, I still can use soli after enable soli by this xposed module ?

Kris

Yes, this setting just disable country check at all. So Soli will work worldwide
1st November 2019, 07:30 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugnis

Looks like ADB not received root rights on phone. To check this use

Code:
adb shell su
if you receive response ' su: not found ' then you should enable root access for adb on phone (with supersu or similar)

Also you can set this prop with MagiskHide Props Config from phone if you used Magisk to root it

I've obtained root for ADB shell via this command, however none of those 2 original adb lines are working. I'm still getting the failed to set property reply.
Any help appreciated...
1st November 2019, 08:41 PM |#9  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Now I gotta root my phone and lose automatic updates just to be able to use it normally. Thanks a lot, Google!! _l_
2nd November 2019, 10:44 AM |#10  

More
You will still get automatic updates, you can root your phone, set the persistent property, and remove the root. Should persist across updates.
2nd November 2019, 05:19 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogega

I've obtained root for ADB shell via this command, however none of those 2 original adb lines are working. I'm still getting the failed to set property reply.
Any help appreciated...

yes same here, any1 got this to work ? thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)