[Xposed] Fingerface - FaceID backward compatible

Search This thread

SemonCat

Aug 8, 2013
Hi, Everyone,

Pixel 4 remove fingerprint sensor, but most of app did not update to newest biometrics api yet.

I build this module to proxy old fingerprint api to biometrics api .

You can use FaceID just like fingerprint.

Here is github link,

You should build apk by your self, it much safer.

but if you want buy me a coffee, here is google play link.

Hope you guys like it.

QA

Q. Is this module safely?

A. First, this app didn't have network permission. It can not send anything out.

Fingerprint api and biometrics api just receive authenticate request from app and tell app is authenticate success or not.

App will not sent any your data to those api.

Q. Magisk module
A. Use pure magisk to implement this feature need much work. I will working on it but it won't release soon.

Last edited:

AjaySp

Dec 20, 2014
This is actually a great idea until all the apps get the face is support. But how is the app i dont see any reviews on play store to?

superchilpil

Sep 26, 2009
Texas
OnePlus 8 Pro
Nubia Red Magic 6
Wait, what? So the only way it can be published here is if he offers a free version as well? That's fukd up. I thought the idea of this site was to help users, which i believe he did. #f*ckxda and their ****ty rules
Excuse me? Do you not even understand the reasoning behind this? It's to prevent people from using this site to advertise their paid apps, using XDA to make money off of THEIR userbase.
How would you like it if every rom was paid? If every root method was paid? This community is about giving to each other, not for profit.
I do believe in donating to those who deserve it don't get me wrong, but that's not what this community was founded upon.
If you don't like the rules then you're welcome to leave.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

ZeroKool76

Oct 21, 2014
Excuse me? Do you not even understand the reasoning behind this? It's to prevent people from using this site to advertise their paid apps, using XDA to make money off of THEIR userbase.
How would you like it if every rom was paid? If every root method was paid? This community is about giving to each other, not for profit.
I do believe in donating to those who deserve it don't get me wrong, but that's not what this community was founded upon.
Well then, that's up to the moderators to actually do their job and not to enforce an absolutist mentality. Personally, whether someone advertises their paid app here or somewhere else, the bottom line is to help the end user. So, by saying you need to post a free version actually inhibits quite a dew devs from sharing their work here, for that exact reason. Same goes for posting TG links. This site is supposed to help people as a whole, not dictate what they determine to be viable outlets. Leave that to the users to decide. I cant tell you how many well known devs are sick and tired of xda and their antiquated rules. Which is a shame, cuz they are actually pushing good devs away.

geekasso

Jan 4, 2011
USA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Would get in a heart beat if it was magisk. I don't use exposed nor do I want to.

Please make for magisk and I'm all over this. Would even pay double!

You can install xposed module for magisk:

https://xdaforums.com/xposed/unofficial-systemless-xposed-t3388268

Source:

https://www.xda-developers.com/xposed-framework-hub/

** Update: just tried it and our device is not (yet) supported. **

Hi, Everyone,

Pixel 4 remove fingerprint sensor, but most of app did not update to newest biometrics api yet.

Here is github link,

Hope you guys like it.

QA

A. First, this app didn't have network permission. It can not send anything out.

Fingerprint api and biometrics api just receive authenticate request from app and tell app is authenticate success or not.

I thought it was a great idea and jumped the gun. Didn't realize it was for xposed only when I bought it. There are no refund options.

Last edited:

SemonCat

Aug 8, 2013
You can install xposed module for magisk:

https://xdaforums.com/xposed/unofficial-systemless-xposed-t3388268

Source:

https://www.xda-developers.com/xposed-framework-hub/

** Update: just tried it and our device is not (yet) supported. **

I thought it was a great idea and jumped the gun. Didn't realize it was for xposed only when I bought it. There are no refund options.

You can refund by Google play or sent me your recipe Id.

And your device is not pixel 4?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, Everyone,

Here is github link,

Hope you guys like it.

QA

Q. Magisk module
    A. Use pure magisk to implement this feature need much work. I will working on it but it won't release soon.
    Wait, what? So the only way it can be published here is if he offers a free version as well? That's fukd up. I thought the idea of this site was to help users, which i believe he did. #f*ckxda and their ****ty rules

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    This is against XDA rules unless you post a free version for us to use BTW
    Well then, that's up to the moderators to actually do their job and not to enforce an absolutist mentality. Personally, whether someone advertises their paid app here or somewhere else, the bottom line is to help the end user. So, by saying you need to post a free version actually inhibits quite a dew devs from sharing their work here, for that exact reason. Same goes for posting TG links. This site is supposed to help people as a whole, not dictate what they determine to be viable outlets. Leave that to the users to decide. I cant tell you how many well known devs are sick and tired of xda and their antiquated rules. Which is a shame, cuz they are actually pushing good devs away.
    You're looking for xda-users.com