Remove All Ads from XDA

XCEED :: [KERNEL] :: [AOSP/Stock/PureNexus] :: [v9.xx / Android 7.1.2]

586 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,065

By cheep5k8, Senior Member on 9th January 2016, 04:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Exceed the limitations /// XCEED kernel
Only for Pixel C

If this technology provides value to you a donation for the time spent creating it is very welcome!

NOTE: The screenshots are actual screenshots from my Pixel C, though your mileage might slightly vary.

DOWNLOAD LINK:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=172973

But please make sure you first read the....

:: IMPORTANT WARNINGS

• If you want to flash SuperSU, you MUST use at least version 2.72, which has support for ChromeOS boot images. Under no circumstances flash any version of SuperSU below 2.72!
  • Do not set the min CPU frequency below 204 MHz in Kernel Adiutor, etc. This will most likely not work properly and lead to unintended sideeffects like video/audio tearing up in playback and possibly random reboots. Before reporting any issues make sure you did not set the min CPU freq below 204 MHz

:: INSTRUCTIONS

:: G+ community

:: THANKS
  • TeamWin (_that, DeesTroy) for giving me the right pointers to port TWRP
  • Chainfire, for making SuperSU
  • Stephen and Furquan from ChromiumOS
  • @phhusson for help with diverse topics
  • @oRAirwolf for fantastic installation instructions

and everyone else

:: SOURCE
The Following 47 Users Say Thank You to cheep5k8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cheep5k8 Ad-Free

9th January 2016, 05:17 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Holy crap this is awesome. Thanks! Where is the option to donate? You are single-handedly handling getting us root. Thats huge!
The Following User Says Thank You to DaConcho For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DaConcho Ad-Free
9th January 2016, 08:01 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 192

More
I am unencrypted and have flashed the boot.img multiple times but SuperSU isn't installed. I tried installing it manually and it says no binary installed.
9th January 2016, 08:38 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Berlin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw1tch175

I am unencrypted and have flashed the boot.img multiple times but SuperSU isn't installed. I tried installing it manually and it says no binary installed.

Might be that you need the right SuperSU app installed. The su binaries, etc, are in the boot image, but whatever app you're using isn't looking in the right place. Maybe if you try indeed reflashing 2.66 in TWRP, SuperSU might detect that the kernel is already patched and just install the necessary app (I will test it all over after wiping my Pixel C clean).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cheep5k8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cheep5k8 Ad-Free
9th January 2016, 08:49 PM |#5  

More
That fixed it. If anyone else is having this issue flash this in TWRP: Removed

Uninstalling any app causes android to crash

Edit: Seriously don't do this
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tw1tch175 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tw1tch175 Ad-Free
9th January 2016, 10:10 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
hello. the boot image appears to be working here also. thank you.
i also had to flash the supersu 2.66 linked above. thanks to tw1tch175 for the heads up and link.
i'll second motion you need donate tab.
9th January 2016, 11:27 PM |#7  
Flag Wasilla, AK
Thanks Meter: 242

More
Quote:

That fixed it. If anyone else is having this issue flash this in TWRP: https://download.chainfire.eu/896/Su...0103015024.zip

You get force closes after uninstalling an app or trying to uninstall an app? Does it actually finish and only has that slight hiccup or does it further hamper things after uninstalling an app?
9th January 2016, 11:47 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Berlin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Boot into TWRP and wipe the cache (seriously this time!). That fixes it.
The Following User Says Thank You to cheep5k8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cheep5k8 Ad-Free
9th January 2016, 11:51 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggSVO

You get force closes after uninstalling an app or trying to uninstall an app? Does it actually finish and only has that slight hiccup or does it further hamper things after uninstalling an app?

It crashes before it starts. I've tried the stock way and through Titanium Backup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheep5k8

Boot into TWRP and wipe the cache (seriously this time!). That fixes it.

I'll try it again, getting tired of hearing that beep on the 30 second lockout screen

Edit: No dice still crashes
10th January 2016, 12:04 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Berlin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It crashes before it starts. I've tried the stock way and through Titanium Backup.

I'll try it again, getting tired of hearing that beep on the 30 second lockout screen

Edit: No dice still crashes

That fixed it for me, I'll take another look. (Yeah that 30 second boot lockout is very annoying.)

EDIT: It must have been a coincidence. I wiped the cache, and right after that I could uninstall apps. Now it's broken again, and wiping cache does NOT fix it. I'm looking into it.
The Following User Says Thank You to cheep5k8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cheep5k8 Ad-Free
10th January 2016, 12:37 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheep5k8

That fixed it for me, I'll take another look. (Yeah that 30 second boot lockout is very annoying.)

EDIT: It must have been a coincidence. I wiped the cache, and right after that I could uninstall apps. Now it's broken again, and wiping cache does NOT fix it. I'm looking into it.

I'm not sure TWRP is actually wiping cache properly. If I clear cache and dalvik cache it runs way too fast and I don't get the "Upgrading apps...." when booting.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp pixel c supersu root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)