[KERNEL] Stock Kernel + SafetyNet Patch

105 posts
Thanks Meter: 153

By iissmart, Senior Member on 12th April 2017, 01:00 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Stock Pixel/Pixel XL Kernel + SafetyNet Patch
Current version: android-8.1.0_r0.64
Suitable for build(s): June 2018
Suitable for devices(s): Pixel XL (marlin) | Pixel (sailfish)

I compiled the stock kernel for the Pixel/Pixel XL and applied the SafetyNet patch by sultanxda. The kernel name says marlin, but this also works on sailfish. Google just created one kernel that works on both sailfish (Pixel) and marlin (Pixel XL) devices.

Use case for this kernel:
- If you want to stay completely stock, but have an unlocked bootloader, the SafetyNet is tripped which disables features such as Android Pay and Netflix.
- This kernel is completely stock except for the addition of a patch that removes the SafetyNet check.
- This kernel is only for the builds listed above!!!! This will not work on any prior build.
- All stock features will work with this kernel (since it's just the stock kernel + patch).
- If you do not have an unlocked bootloader there is no need to use this kernel. It's exactly the same as the stock kernel, except with the addition of the SafetyNet patch.
- This will not prevent SafetyNet from tripping for other reasons, like rooting.
- This will not remove the "device corrupted" warning when the phone is turned on or rebooted.

Installation:
- Be prepared with backups or the factory image from Google in case you do something wrong
- Extract kernel from zip file
- Test with command: fastboot boot <filename>
- Flash with command: fastboot flash kernel <filename>

**WARNING**
If flashing this kernel for whatever reason ruins your device, I am not accountable. Use this at your own risk!

The current version will always be attached to this post. Older versions can be found HERE.

(shamelessly copied from Sakete's kernel for the Pixel/Pixel XL, which is no longer being maintained. Thanks for the inspiration, Sakete!)
Attached Files
File Type: zip kernel_marlin_android-8.1.0_r0.64.zip - [Click for QR Code] (12.31 MB, 42 views)
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to iissmart For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iissmart Ad-Free

12th April 2017, 01:49 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Wow. I literally just compiled the patched kernel myself just now. What a ninja! While I'll be running my own, thanks for posting this so I didn't have to :P
The Following User Says Thank You to Cardflip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cardflip Ad-Free
12th April 2017, 02:24 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
For those who already downloaded the kernel, I checked and saw a new mr2.1 update so I've attached an updated kernel.
12th April 2017, 02:53 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iissmart

For those who already downloaded the kernel, I checked and saw a new mr2.1 update so I've attached an updated kernel.

Mine is based on that but mr2 and mr2.1 have the same commit so I'm pretty sure it's the same kernel.

Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to Cardflip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cardflip Ad-Free
12th April 2017, 04:02 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I'm running a pixel on the nof27b build I don't really want to flash a new kernel would it be possible for you to make the patch a flashable zip
12th April 2017, 05:45 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardflip

Mine is based on that but mr2 and mr2.1 have the same commit so I'm pretty sure it's the same kernel.

Cheers

Good catch, I didn't look that closely before recompiling but they are indeed the same. Oh well! Maybe I'll start going off of tag names instead of branches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipeedalil

I'm running a pixel on the nof27b build I don't really want to flash a new kernel would it be possible for you to make the patch a flashable zip

Curious - what difference is there between flashing a kernel using fastboot and using a flashable zip? Isn't the end result the same?
12th April 2017, 06:00 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iissmart

Curious - what difference is there between flashing a kernel using fastboot and using a flashable zip? Isn't the end result the same?

I think he's asking for the patch itself to be a flashable zip so he can patch the boot image while it's already compiled and on the phone. Which AFAIK is impossible
12th April 2017, 11:44 PM |#8  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 177

More
We need one for the Non-Verizon models (N2G47E) & (N2G47J). This modified kernel is only for the Verizon version. If you can compile two more versions for Non-Verizon builds.
13th April 2017, 01:07 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1,445

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by puertorecon

We need one for the Non-Verizon models (N2G47E) & (N2G47J). This modified kernel is only for the Verizon version. If you can compile two more versions for Non-Verizon builds.

I was thinking the same thing, That K is for the Verizon model. good to know.
13th April 2017, 05:14 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by puertorecon

I'll look into it tomorrow!
13th April 2017, 05:23 AM |#11  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 177

More
Thank you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)