Current version: android-8.1.0_r0.64
Suitable for build(s): June 2018
Suitable for devices(s): Pixel XL (marlin) | Pixel (sailfish)
I compiled the stock kernel for the Pixel/Pixel XL and applied the SafetyNet patch by sultanxda. The kernel name says marlin, but this also works on sailfish. Google just created one kernel that works on both sailfish (Pixel) and marlin (Pixel XL) devices.
Use case for this kernel:
- If you want to stay completely stock, but have an unlocked bootloader, the SafetyNet is tripped which disables features such as Android Pay and Netflix.
- This kernel is completely stock except for the addition of a patch that removes the SafetyNet check.
- This kernel is only for the builds listed above!!!! This will not work on any prior build.
- All stock features will work with this kernel (since it's just the stock kernel + patch).
- If you do not have an unlocked bootloader there is no need to use this kernel. It's exactly the same as the stock kernel, except with the addition of the SafetyNet patch.
- This will not prevent SafetyNet from tripping for other reasons, like rooting.
- This will not remove the "device corrupted" warning when the phone is turned on or rebooted.
- Be prepared with backups or the factory image from Google in case you do something wrong
- Extract kernel from zip file
- Test with command: fastboot boot <filename>
- Flash with command: fastboot flash kernel <filename>
If flashing this kernel for whatever reason ruins your device, I am not accountable. Use this at your own risk!
The current version will always be attached to this post. Older versions can be found HERE.
(shamelessly copied from Sakete's kernel for the Pixel/Pixel XL, which is no longer being maintained. Thanks for the inspiration, Sakete!)