FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[ROM] [marlin] [8.1] [LOS-based] **crDroid**OMS**v4.5 (7/16/18)

2,728 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,142

By hokiealumnus, Recognized Contributor on 9th January 2018, 04:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
ROM thread text:

This is crDroid for 5.5" Pixel XL [marlin]
crDroid Website: https://crdroid.net/

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

Features
Click for feature list (helps shorten the OP.)

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

DOWNLOAD ROM

Vendor image for current build - OPM4 July vendor image - DOWNLOAD VENDOR

GAPPS: For now, open gapps unofficial, also courtsey @razorloves - DOWNLOAD GAPPS
OpenGapps: Not Supported anymore, use @razorloves gapps.

First time installing crDroid to your PixelXL, or coming from another ROM:

**NOTE** As you probably know by now, marlin (and sailfish) is weird. You must be on TWRP 3.2.0.0 to install this! 3.2.1.0 does not allow ROM installation. 3.2.0.0 does not encrypt properly, so you must remove your PIN/password before booting to and / or installing it. These installation instructions will assume you already know and have done that.
**NOTE** You are also able to use 3.2.1.-2 (3.2.0.0 or 3.2.1.-2)(Nothing in between)

** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (CWM or TWRP)
1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip & vendor img to your device
2) Boot into Recovery
3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
4) Flash ROM
5) Flash TWRP ***If you do not do this, you will lose TWRP!***
6) Reboot back into TWRP
7) Flash vendor image
7a) Mount vendor partition, navigate to vendor/overlay and delete that folder
8) Flash gapps
9) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk 16.2
If you like music like I do and want to make it better, see post #3 for instructions on installing ViPER4Android.

Instructional Video
I Apologize about video quality, but this will help get you an idea of the steps involved.
Steps are the same for Marlin and Sailfish. Use corresponding files for device.
https://youtu.be/mmxIrp7BiRk

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES
None yet, If you find something that is consistently reproducible, do so and pull a log. Without logs, we cannot fix the bugs. Please report any that you run into, assuming you have tested on a clean install.

NOTE ON SUBSTRATUM
We currently do not have substratum commits in the ROM because they have not updated their repos on git for Oreo. As such, if you want to use Substratum, you will be doing so by allowing root and using legacy mode. you -must- make sure whatever theme you try supports 8.1. Even some that say they support Oreo may only work with 8.0, not 8.1. I'd recommend the following:
  • Suggestion: whenever installing themes, remove your pin/password so you can get TWRP to mount data.
  • If you get in a FC/bootloop situation, boot to TWRP, mount data and remove the file /data/system/overlays.xml.
  • That should allow you to boot and uninstall the overlays without reinstalling anything.

Don't expect any support if you:
- are not running the included kernel
- have installed any mods such as Xposed!
- have modified system files

Thanks to:

- @razorloves - Without his device tree and kernel bringup to work from, crDroid for marlin would not be possible at all. Apart from the ROM development itself (for which @neobuddy89 bears the largest burden, in addition to the great developers of LineageOS itself), credit for this ROM being able to even build goes to razorloves.

- Google
- LineageOS
- SlimRoms
- AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
- OmniRom
- NamelessROM
- Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM] [marlin] [8.1] [LOS-based] **crDroid**v4.5, ROM for the Google Pixel XL

Contributors
hokiealumnus, neobuddy89, BHermes21, razorloves
Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo

Version Information
Current Stable Version: v4.0
Stable Release Date: 2018-03-23
Beta Release Date: 2018-01-19

Created 2018-01-09
Last Updated 2018-07-16
The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to hokiealumnus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hokiealumnus Ad-Free

9th January 2018, 04:17 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor

More
I already said it in my post above, but feel it needs repeating. HUGE thanks to @razorloves , without whose marlin bring-up this ROM would still not be built.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to hokiealumnus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hokiealumnus Ad-Free
9th January 2018, 04:18 PM |#3  

More
*** NOTE - We cannot actively support audio (or any other) mods. I'm posting this because it works for me and I use it personally. This is not supported by our ROM team. Only the ROM / vendor / gapps and nothing else is supported by the crDroid development team. ***

If you like music as much as I do and prefer to use Viper4Android, install it as follows:

0) This requires Magisk; install Magisk 15.2 (as of 1/9/2018)

1) Using a root explorer (I prefer FX File Explorer), navigate to /system/system/priv-app/AudioFX and rename AudioFX.apk to AudioFX.BAK. Reboot.
2) Install three Magisk modules:
a) Magisk SELinux Permissive Script (Get it here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...cript-t3577549)
b) Busybox for Android NDK v1.27.2 by osm0sis (Get it from Magisk downloads in the Magisk app)
c) ViPER4Android FX v2.8 by ahrion, zackptg5 (Also from Magisk downloads)
3) Reboot.
4) Enjoy your better music!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to hokiealumnus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hokiealumnus Ad-Free
joeeboogz
9th January 2018, 04:36 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Sweet thanks
9th January 2018, 04:36 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Awesome! I know I asked this on the nougat version, does the unlimited photo storage work? I noticed on the unofficial LOS rom by @razorloves it's been enabled, but I wanted to confirm. I'm still running nougat because I've been waiting for an oreo rom that has DUI.
9th January 2018, 04:36 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokiealumnus

This is crDroid for 5.5" Pixel XL [marlin]
If you're looking for the 5" Pixel [sailfish], it is not built yet; sorry.

Yet...... Hahaha there's still hope! Thanks for your work as always man. crDroid on N was solid as it gets!
9th January 2018, 05:40 PM |#7  
Flag Niagara Falls
Thanks Meter: 1,897

More
Awesome thank you. Flashing now
9th January 2018, 05:43 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akomack

Awesome! I know I asked this on the nougat version, does the unlimited photo storage work? I noticed on the unofficial LOS rom by @razorloves it's been enabled, but I wanted to confirm. I'm still running nougat because I've been waiting for an oreo rom that has DUI.

It -says- it does in Photos. However, it said it did in Nougat, but never did actually work in any LOS / LOS-based ROM. It took up storage space even though the Photos app said back up all you want with Pixel. Therefore I can't promise full functionality. The app does say it works though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigdonny

Yet...... Hahaha there's still hope! Thanks for your work as always man. crDroid on N was solid as it gets!

No promises on a time frame though I'm sorry to say!
The Following User Says Thank You to hokiealumnus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hokiealumnus Ad-Free
9th January 2018, 08:05 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokiealumnus

No promises on a time frame though I'm sorry to say!

Soon TM
9th January 2018, 08:31 PM |#10  

More
Added instructions for using Viper4Android in the 3rd post while they're still working on a functioning ARISE.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hokiealumnus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hokiealumnus Ad-Free
joeeboogz
9th January 2018, 09:54 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Works very good only one force close which I just uninstalled and reinstalled anyway been running du 12.0 nice change thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)