This is crDroid for 5.5" Pixel XL [marlin]
crDroid Website: https://crdroid.net/
crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!
Click for feature list (helps shorten the OP.)
Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!
Vendor image for current build - OPM1 April vendor image - DOWNLOAD VENDOR
GAPPS: For now, open gapps unofficial, also courtsey @razorloves - DOWNLOAD GAPPS
OpenGapps: Not Supported anymore, use @razorloves gapps.
First time installing crDroid to your PixelXL, or coming from another ROM:
**NOTE** As you probably know by now, marlin (and sailfish) is weird. You must be on TWRP 126.96.36.199 to install this! 188.8.131.52 does not allow ROM installation. 184.108.40.206 does not encrypt properly, so you must remove your PIN/password before booting to and / or installing it. These installation instructions will assume you already know and have done that.
**NOTE** You are also able to use 3.2.1.-2 (220.127.116.11 or 3.2.1.-2)(Nothing in between)
** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (CWM or TWRP)
1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip & vendor img to your device
2) Boot into Recovery
3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
4) Flash ROM
5) Flash TWRP ***If you do not do this, you will lose TWRP!***
6) Reboot back into TWRP
7) Flash vendor image
7a) Mount vendor partition, navigate to vendor/overlay and delete that folder
8) Flash gapps
9) Boot up
For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk 16.2
If you like music like I do and want to make it better, see post #3 for instructions on installing ViPER4Android.
I Apologize about video quality, but this will help get you an idea of the steps involved.
Steps are the same for Marlin and Sailfish. Use corresponding files for device.
Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.
None yet, If you find something that is consistently reproducible, do so and pull a log. Without logs, we cannot fix the bugs. Please report any that you run into, assuming you have tested on a clean install.
NOTE ON SUBSTRATUM
We currently do not have substratum commits in the ROM because they have not updated their repos on git for Oreo. As such, if you want to use Substratum, you will be doing so by allowing root and using legacy mode. you -must- make sure whatever theme you try supports 8.1. Even some that say they support Oreo may only work with 8.0, not 8.1. I'd recommend the following:
- Suggestion: whenever installing themes, remove your pin/password so you can get TWRP to mount data.
- If you get in a FC/bootloop situation, boot to TWRP, mount data and remove the file /data/system/overlays.xml.
- That should allow you to boot and uninstall the overlays without reinstalling anything.
Don't expect any support if you:
- are not running the included kernel
- have installed any mods such as Xposed!
- have modified system files
- @razorloves - Without his device tree and kernel bringup to work from, crDroid for marlin would not be possible at all. Apart from the ROM development itself (for which @neobuddy89 bears the largest burden, in addition to the great developers of LineageOS itself), credit for this ROM being able to even build goes to razorloves.
- AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
- Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )
[ROM] [marlin] [8.1] [LOS-based] **crDroid**v4.0, ROM for the Google Pixel XL
hokiealumnus, neobuddy89, BHermes21, razorloves
Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
Current Stable Version: v4.0
Stable Release Date: 2018-03-23
Beta Release Date: 2018-01-19
Last Updated 2018-04-21