Go here for the official 16.0 thread.
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. If you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Wiki.
Make sure you have the vendor, radio, & bootloader img's installed, from the stock oreo 8.1 OPM4.171019.021.P1 July 2018 factory image. More info below.
marlin rom: https://download.lineageos.org/marlin
marlin vendor, radio, & bootloader img's: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=278595
marlin twrp: https://twrp.me/google/googlepixelxl.html
sailfish rom: https://download.lineageos.org/sailfish
sailfish vendor, radio, & bootloader img's: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=278596
sailfish twrp: https://twrp.me/google/googlepixel.html
google apps (Optional): https://wiki.lineageos.org/gapps.html
root su addon (Optional): https://download.lineageos.org/extras Note: Use arm64 zip. After installing the su addon, you can enable root in developer options.
- NOTE#1: Make sure you have the correct vendor, radio, & bootloader img's installed in BOTH slots before installing lineage. They can be extracted from the oreo 8.1 OPM4.171019.021.P1 July 2018 factory image or use the ones in the download section above that I already extracted for you. You can flash them using the following commands:
fastboot flash --slot all vendor VendorFileName.img
fastboot flash --slot all radio RadioFileName.img
fastboot flash --slot all bootloader BootloaderFileName.img
- NOTE#2: The official mindthegapps build that's linked in the wiki are very minimal (like opengapps pico), so i made my own mindthegapps build that is pretty much the same as opengapps nano. download link
- NOTE#3: If you're a Project Fi or Sprint customer, you need some extra gapps, so use this one instead. download link
- NOTE#4: If you want to update from my unofficial 15.1 build to official without wiping, you can follow the "How to dirty flash an official weekly over an unofficial build" steps here.
2. flash rom zip
3. flash twrp zip
4. in twrp main menu, select reboot then recovery (this will reboot you into the other slot)
5. flash gapps zip (optional)
6. flash su addon zip for root (optional)
Reboot & enjoy.
If you've already done the initial install, then you can use the LineageOS Updater to install new builds. It's in settings->system->about phone->lineageos updates.
It will give you a notification when a new build is available.
Weather Provider Addons (Optional)
For those that like to use the lineage cLock widget, here are some weather provider apk's you can use that i compiled.
If a bug is discovered, confirm it with other users in this thread, then report it following our wiki here: https://wiki.lineageos.org/bugreport-howto.html
Many thanks to the LineageOS team and all the contributors out there in the community
Device tree: https://github.com/LineageOS/android...e/lineage-15.1
Kernel tree: https://github.com/LineageOS/android...e/lineage-15.1
Vendor tree: https://github.com/TheMuppets/propri...e/lineage-15.1
Android version: 8.1.0 Oreo
Kernel version: Linux 3.18.70