Charging Cable loose

Search This thread

digitalundertaker

Sep 4, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hello everybody,

Two week ago I noticed that the usb-c cable is not "locking" on the charging port and will unplug with the slightest movement. I check various cables and have the same problem.
Is anybody else having this problem?

There is no problem with charging. The biggest problem is when I put the phone in a car mount vertically it just simply unplug.

0hfrankieboy

Oct 10, 2016
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
Hello everybody,

Two week ago I noticed that the usb-c cable is not "locking" on the charging port and will unplug with the slightest movement. I check various cables and have the same problem.

There is no problem with charging. The biggest problem is when I put the phone in a car mount vertically it just simply unplug.

I had this problem a few months ago with my S7. Found out it was caused by built up lint in the charging port. Have you checked for build up there?

cmo220

Aug 26, 2010
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hello everybody,

I had this problem a few months ago with my S7. Found out it was caused by built up lint in the charging port. Have you checked for build up there?

If that is not the problem see if you can get an RMA from Google. They probably keep some around to use as replacements, even if stock is still low. I had the exact same issue and they replaced my Nexus 6p.

BCSC

Nov 5, 2009
New Westminster
I have this problem as well over the last month. I think its from the plastic inside th C-Port stretching as none of my cables are holding tight. Luckily for me, I have screen burn and have to send my phone in for replacements and can get this fixed as well.

gww528

Jun 4, 2010
How do you get the lint out of the charging port if that is your issue?

I have a very pointy set a tweezers, the ends are thinner than a straight pin. Use one side to scrape the bottom of the port to loosen up the lint and blew the loose lint out. Keep doing that until it was all gone.

Reactions: jhs39

jadeddjay

Aug 27, 2010
adding to this discussion, brand new phone with loose usb, actually came loose over night and didnt charge. I found a sticker on the connector in the port that I pulled out with a thumb tack.. presumably this sticker was there from the factory? odd.. but I now get a nice satisfying confirmation click when I plug in haha

FStajHyh.jpg

millbillj

Oct 28, 2018
Lint in myPixel2

I just read some of the posts, and low and behold I grabbed a sewing needle and picked out the lint. There was quite a bit, but as soon as I cleaned it out my usb C cable popped right in and charged. Thanks for the info!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everybody,

I have a very pointy set a tweezers, the ends are thinner than a straight pin. Use one side to scrape the bottom of the port to loosen up the lint and blew the loose lint out. Keep doing that until it was all gone.