FORUMS

Fast Charging Stop working after latest Android P update

53 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By Alcagoita, Member on 21st June 2018, 06:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I was wondering if this is a temporary problem, (before it appends sometimes) but now, my phone never "Fast Charges".
I'm using the cable and charger that's in the original box.

Is there any solution to this?

My phone: No root, security patch June 5, latest beta update.
21st June 2018, 08:25 PM |#2  
Flag Bethany Beach, Delaware
Thanks Meter: 2,286

Donate to Me
More
How many different outlets have you tried it in? Also, I had an issue with fast charging as well on the P beta so I came back to Oreos.
22nd June 2018, 11:53 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Lisbon

More
I only have the issue with the pixel on the beta, the other one that I have in the normal build works like a charm (same charger).

Have no idea if this is a known bug...
23rd June 2018, 09:56 AM |#4  
Flag Bethany Beach, Delaware
Thanks Meter: 2,286

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcagoita

I only have the issue with the pixel on the beta, the other one that I have in the normal build works like a charm (same charger).

Have no idea if this is a known bug...

I'm sure everyone would be reporting it if it were. Very strange though. Why not try another charger out of curiosity to see if it works with it? I'd be interested to see if it did
The Following User Says Thank You to Phalanx7621 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Phalanx7621 Ad-Free
23rd June 2018, 08:05 PM |#5  
Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 31

More
I am having the same problem since the latest Android P/9 upgrade. Charges slowly with different OEM chargers.
23rd June 2018, 08:30 PM |#6  
May be placebo. Just because you don't get the notification doesn't mean it's not fast charging. Only way to really know is download ampere and compare charging rates to a phone that does report fast charging.

My phone doesn't get any type of message anymore after certain mods, however, my phone still charges at roughly 3.0 amps
The Following User Says Thank You to noidea24 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift noidea24 Ad-Free
26th June 2018, 11:28 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hello,
I can confim this issue.
Google Pixel with Android P Beta 3 is not fast charging.
I tested it with a power meter and it showed 8 Watts, which is very low compared to fast charging which uses 18 Watts.
Before I joined the beta program it worked just fine.
Using default power brick btw.
The Following User Says Thank You to MLGDash For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MLGDash Ad-Free
28th June 2018, 11:42 AM |#8  
Flag Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Can also confirm it's not working on DP3. Doesn't matter charge level, cable or power block it's only drawing about 500ma to 800ma. It is agonizingly slow. Fell asleep waiting for some power. Woke up from the nap and thought, "Alright, it's gotta be at 100%." Nope just 53%

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
29th June 2018, 05:43 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
No problems here, both before and after DP3 OTA and then a factory reset to clear up some fingerprint scanner issues.

EDIT: Try a backup and factory reset...
2nd July 2018, 04:20 AM |#10  
Flag Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 35

More
I figured mine out, I think. I'm assuming there is some type of thermal throttling in the Quickcharge spec, I haven't looked.

It's hot where I live and the aluminum back on the phone seems to absorb every bit of heat when I go outside. It's about 100°F (38°C) at 8:20PM so it never really cools off. When I'm back inside it takes a while to cool off especially if I put it on a charger.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
6th July 2018, 02:42 PM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Lisbon

More
So the only solution it's a factory reset? :/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)