I literally just finished doing this on my own device, and I can confirm that it works with no issues; I'm passing SafetyNet and have root. However, as with all the other posts people make, I'm not responsible for any damage done to your device! I don't think anything will happen, this process is very painless.
EDIT: It's been confirmed that SuperSu Config is not required for Android 8.0, as systemless SBIN is the default for 8.0. I had seen this before, but decided to do it anyway to be extra sure (I like the extra redundancy). I'm leaving the steps in in case others want to be extra sure of this, or want the options provided by the installer.
1) Download the modded TWRP
2) Download SuperSU
3) Download SuperSu Config
4) Download SuHide
5) Copy the modded TWRP to PlatformTools. Rename it however you like. I'm using twrp-oreo for now.
6) Copy SuperSu, SuperSuConfig, and SuHide to internal storage
7) Boot the device into bootloader - adb reboot bootloader
8) Boot into TWRP - fastboot boot twrp-oreo.img
9) Flash SuperSuConfig, then choose add more zips. Choose SuperSU.
10) In the Aroma installer for SuperSuConfig, choose Systemless SBIN. For all other options, I chose let SuperSu decide.
11) Boot to system (Edit 8/28/17: DO NOT install TWRP, just boot to system)
12) Go back to bootloader and boot to TWRP
13) Flash SuHide
And that should do it!
UPDATE 10/2 The links for SuperSu and SuHide have been updated to the latest releases.