FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Ready for Black Friday and cyber monday deals?

3,666 posts
Thanks Meter: 812

Post Reply Email Thread
7th November 2016, 03:30 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 146

More
I came across this the other day:

http://bestblackfriday.com/ads/verizon-black-friday

$10 a month at Verizon for Google Pixel, up to $672 for Device Payment Plan (discount applied as a bill credit). Not sure if that $672 limit rules out 128GB devices as those cost $749.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sakete For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sakete Ad-Free
7th November 2016, 04:40 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
For anyone interested in a 32GB device, currently Best Buy is offering a $200 gift card for a monthly device payment plan with a new line of Verizon service. There is a $20 activation fee for ordering online, which is reportedly waived for in-store purchases, but so far Best Buy's inventory has seemed limited compared to Verizon. The phone can be paid off at Verizon anytime. This has been going on for weeks, so Saturday November 12 may be the last day. It's possible Best Buy could have better deals later this month, but so far this and the Verizon 20% off code last week have been the best offers that don't involve two years of service at Verizon.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/ve...ifXuSzPDgubOdQ
7th November 2016, 04:46 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1,814

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakete

I came across this the other day:

http://bestblackfriday.com/ads/verizon-black-friday

$10 a month at Verizon for Google Pixel, up to $672 for Device Payment Plan (discount applied as a bill credit). Not sure if that $672 limit rules out 128GB devices as those cost $749.

I saw that too. $10 / month for 24 months is $400 off Google Store price. I have a verizon account that has an upgrade available. But I don't use Verizon that much, only for work. So if I buy one of these can I just pull out the sim and put in my Project Fi account sim and use it like that? I think it might depend on if vzw will allow it to come off the network while on that contract? But I'd buy that in a heartbeat if the deal is real and I could use it on Fi.
7th November 2016, 05:04 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby janow

if I buy one of these can I just pull out the sim and put in my Project Fi account sim and use it like that? I think it might depend on if vzw will allow it to come off the network while on that contract?

The Slickdeals discussions I've read seem to suggest it may be possible to do that sort of thing.
https://slickdeals.net/f/9261011-ver...5#post91039035
The Following User Says Thank You to alluringreality For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alluringreality Ad-Free
7th November 2016, 05:11 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby janow

I saw that too. $10 / month for 24 months is $400 off Google Store price. I have a verizon account that has an upgrade available. But I don't use Verizon that much, only for work. So if I buy one of these can I just pull out the sim and put in my Project Fi account sim and use it like that? I think it might depend on if vzw will allow it to come off the network while on that contract? But I'd buy that in a heartbeat if the deal is real and I could use it on Fi.

You probably can, Verizon phones are not provider locked, you should be able to put in any SIM card.

I personally have a Verizon subscription (the only way to get a decent signal at work where I spend most of my time) and am considering this deal. I would however strongly prefer to order directly from the Google store as I want an unlockable bootloader (I know there is DePixel8, but that's not the same and that loophole could be closed at any time with a security update, just want an unlockable bootloader without any hacks).

But, I might just take the plunge through Verizon, it's a very good price for this phone. Hopefully Google themselves come with some deals as well. Even just $200 off would be enough
The Following User Says Thank You to Sakete For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sakete Ad-Free
7th November 2016, 05:21 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1,814

More
I called Project Fi / Google Store (I think they're basically one and the same) and the guy saw the Verizon promotion and couldn't believe it. He wasn't sure about prospect of pulling it off the vzw network or if they would allow it during the contract period but I don't think they would care. I asked if he had an inkling of a Google black Friday deal and he didn't think they'd do something so drastic as to take 400 bucks off. But he did say and I did too, "Hey you never know." I don't know if I'd pull my 5x out of service for $200 off but I certainly would for 400. Gonna keep my eyes on this one for sure.
8th November 2016, 05:23 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 812

More
Found the page via google cache.. lol
10th November 2016, 01:43 PM |#9  

More
I don't see any offers that would apply to the Pixel in Best Buy's Black Friday advertisement, so the Best Buy offer of a $200 gift card for a new line this week and Verizon's Black Friday offer may be the primary deals on Pixel phones this month. Based on last year's Nexus 6p, and the current limited phone supply at the Google Store, I wouldn't expect deals from Google this November. Assuming someone plans on having an active line at Verizon for two years, the only way it might be possible to slightly exceed Verizon's Black Friday deal any time soon would be if Verizon offers another discount code and retains their current offer of $300 in account credits over two years for a $1 phone trade, but that trade value is rather high so I wouldn't expect it to necessarily last until their next discount code. For someone that isn't interested in two years of Verizon service, the $200 gift card has only been rivaled by a 20% off code from Verizon that lasted just a few days, and any better offers from Best Buy or Verizon seem to have happened before this phone was available.
http://blackfriday.bestbuy.com/?category=doorbusters
10th November 2016, 05:46 PM |#10  

More
Just chatted with the Google store and they said they currently have no updates on whether they'll have any Black Friday deals. I guess even if they did already know they probably wouldn't tell me Man, I'd really prefer to have it straight from Google for the unlockable bootloader (without any hassle), but that deal from Verizon is starting to look really good.
10th November 2016, 05:57 PM |#11  

More
I looked at the Verizon site today. After adding a 128GB Pixel to the cart there was an offer for 50% off a second phone, either a Pixel or V20. I didn't see written terms for the offer, but it looks like they are reducing the retail price of the second phone. It seems the $300 in 24 months of bill credits on a $1 phone is still available, but I've read that you might have to try a store to trade two phones for two new devices. On a preliminary look, the 50% off a second phone seems like potentially one of the better deals for anyone willing to consider buying two phones.
https://slickdeals.net/f/9299863-ver...it#commentsBox
The Following User Says Thank You to alluringreality For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alluringreality Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)