FORUMS

Paranoid Android 7.2.1 - AOSPA - Pixel

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By GuestK008, Guest on 2nd June 2017, 06:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

We’re really excited to announce that we are releasing our Nougat flavour of Paranoid Android. We have a lot in store - with a mix of both features & improvements.

First & foremost, we have moved our code base to be fully CAF based. This brings many improvements to your device. The key improvement here is that Qualcomm hardware is better tuned on the CAF base and with our additional optimisations we can provide a smooth and fluid user experience that will let you enjoy using your device without any lags.

On first launch you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson who’s teamed up with us again and created several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those of you who don’t know, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose work stands itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We have also added several new features and made improvements to the UI of the system that we believe would enhance the overall experience.

Pie
We’ve been working hard on redesigning this key feature of our portfolio and we’re really happy with how it has turned out. The whole design has been reworked and it fits in well with the overall feel of Google’s Material Design. This gives you the opportunity to use more gesture based control for navigating, rather than using the standard Navigation Bar at the bottom of your screen. Expect improvements and additions in the future.

Color Engine
We’re proud to announce our newest feature - Color Engine. Color Engine allows you to seamlessly change the colors of your device to be in Light, Dark (Pixel) and Black modes with a variety of accent colors to choose from. This makes changing the theme of your device really quick without having to install any extra packages on your device.

Major features:
- Reworked Pie
- Color engine
- Immersive mode
- Buttons customization (including navigation bar)
- On the spot controls (OTS)

Minor features:
- SafetyNet Compatibility
- Battery/Notification LED control
- Recent tasks locking
- Battery icon customization
- Google now page in default launcher
- Substratum (OMS) support (Color engine will be deactivated if you use Substratum)
- Quick pulldown
- Various performance and battery improvements
- Display Burn-in protection (for OLED screens)
- More to explore

Device specific features for OP3(T) (List is being updated):
- Oneplus 3(T) custom camera HAL: Resulting in better picture quality than OEM.
- Implemented custom picture background processing leading to very fast shutter speed (OnePlus 3(T) specific)
- Offscreen gestures
- sRGB support (OnePlus 3(T) specific)
- Alert slider customization
- aptX and aptXHD support
- Specific device performance and battery optimizations (details on this coming)

Note: Custom kernels are explicitly unsupported and will cause issues
unless they state that they are AOSPA compatible or AOSPA based!

Download

Get our latest Pixel build here.

Changelogs

As we're getting back into the thread game, keeping up with threads and updating them as per changelogs can be too hectic given our schedule. However, very detailed changelogs always go up on our Google+ page, follow us for constant updates!

Instructions & requirements

* Wipe system, data and cache
* Flash Rom plus the twrp zip
* reboot again to recovery
* flash Gapps and twrp zip

Dirty flash
* flash Rom plus the twrp zip
* reboot again to twrp
* flash Gapps and twrp zip

Important / Useful links
OpenGapps
SuperSU root package
Paranoid Android Community (G+)
Our kernel sauce (Pixel (XL))
Bug reports on Google Sheets

As always, we listen to what you have to say. Help us make PA better by submitting good bug reports possibly with a log attached. Learn how to take logs here. Submit bug reports and we'll try to iron out issues as soon as possible - it really helps a lot.

Our device maintainers and CAF caretakers @TheCrazyLex, @xboxfanj, @arter97, @ChrisLahaye @Thecrazyskull are right here at xda. Mention (@) them if you need some assistance and/or when reporting bugs.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
Paranoid Android, ROM for the Google Pixel

Contributors
freak_97, thecrazylex, Thecrazyskull
Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 7.2.1
Stable Release Date: 2017-07-20

Created 2017-06-02
Last Updated 2017-07-20
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to GuestK008 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GuestK008 Ad-Free
2nd June 2017, 07:05 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 139

More
Does cloud backup from Google drive work?
2nd June 2017, 10:01 AM |#3  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 302

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitece06

Does cloud backup from Google drive work?

Yes it does

Sent from my Google Pixel using XDA Labs

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

My first cycle got me 4h sot and 27h standby with 23% left, awesome work guys! Loving the fluidity, can't wait for what's next to come!

Sent from my Google Pixel using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to stryker09 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stryker09 Ad-Free
2nd June 2017, 10:08 AM |#4  
Flag Trento
Thanks Meter: 455

Donate to Me
More
After full wipe I flashed this rom, once booted color engine is disabled because "substratrum is being used" (or something similar), but I don't have substratum installed now..
2nd June 2017, 10:39 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 239

More
Hello
Did anyone tried with the April bootloader?It works with the old flash method?
I'm asking because i don't have wifi around.
2nd June 2017, 11:24 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 205

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by micr0g

Hello
Did anyone tried with the April bootloader?It works with the old flash method?
I'm asking because i don't have wifi around.

I flashed it with the April bootloader with no issues in terms of loading it. The one problem I had was that Google Camera would crash on loading, but that may have been a gapps issue since it's the first time I actually used opengapps for the pixel.
The Following User Says Thank You to uodii For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift uodii Ad-Free
2nd June 2017, 12:33 PM |#7  
Flag pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Has anyone used arters TWRP to flash? Any issues?
2nd June 2017, 12:53 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 205

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragzz03

Has anyone used arters TWRP to flash? Any issues?

What's that? Link? I just used RC2 from the TWRP website with no problems.
The Following User Says Thank You to uodii For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift uodii Ad-Free
2nd June 2017, 01:25 PM |#9  
Flag pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uodii

What's that? Link? I just used RC2 from the TWRP website with no problems.

Went by what the instructions are linking in the OP. Takes you to the OP3T forum using arters TWRP. The file name is for the OP3T so I was a little hesitant to use it. It is a little confusing, no?
2nd June 2017, 02:42 PM |#10  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 219

More
For me the adb sideload stops at 35% completion and the ROM doesn't install.
April bootloader with TWRP RC2 installed. Same error with booted TWRP RC1
GuestK00293
2nd June 2017, 02:50 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragzz03

Went by what the instructions are linking in the OP. Takes you to the OP3T forum using arters TWRP. The file name is for the OP3T so I was a little hesitant to use it. It is a little confusing, no?

Taking this shortcut by pointing to installation instructions of an unrelated device is a sure path to bricks! Arters build of TWRP is to enable F2FS filesystem for OnePlus 3/3T devices and *not* for Pixel devices.

I am on latest stock (may security patch), with conflicting reports using twrp rc2, I am staying away from custom ROMs till I see a clear set of instructions or till I read enough to figure that out.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)