crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!
I have created this rom using the Lineage sources and a fix from the creator of the rom of this page: http://customromz.proboards.com/thre...=1&scrollTo=16. I don't have too much knowledge in how the rom is developed so perhaps I won't be able to solve all your questions.
Please let me know if you have any issue.
Click for feature list (helps shorten the OP.)
Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!
GAPPS: DOWNLOAD GAPPS
First time installing crDroid to your google pixel, or coming from another ROM:
** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (CWM or TWRP)
1) Install stock rom
2) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip and twrp zip to your device
3) Boot into Recovery
4) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
5) Flash ROM
6) Reboot into recovery
7) Flash gapps
8) Boot up
9) when the setup wizard starts execute the following command to allow it to connect to wifi
adb shell pm grant com.google.android.apps.pixelmigrate android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
10) Open the contacts and phone apps and accept the permissions requests
For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk XX.x (whatever is most recent).
Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.
you tell me...
Don't expect any support if you:
- are not running the included kernel
- have installed any mods such as Xposed!
- have modified system files
- AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
- Joe pacino
- Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )