FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] [sailfish] [9] [LOS-based] **crDroid**OMS**v5.8

37 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By jontxo, Member on 4th September 2019, 06:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

Hello

I have created this rom using the Lineage sources and a fix from the creator of the rom of this page: http://customromz.proboards.com/thre...=1&scrollTo=16. I don't have too much knowledge in how the rom is developed so perhaps I won't be able to solve all your questions.

Please let me know if you have any issue.

Regards

SourceTree
LineageOS

Features
Click for feature list (helps shorten the OP.)

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

DOWNLOAD ROM
GAPPS: DOWNLOAD GAPPS

First time installing crDroid to your google pixel, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (CWM or TWRP)
1) Install stock rom
2) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip and twrp zip to your device
3) Boot into Recovery
4) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
5) Flash ROM
6) Reboot into recovery
7) Flash gapps
8) Boot up
9) when the setup wizard starts execute the following command to allow it to connect to wifi
adb shell pm grant com.google.android.apps.pixelmigrate android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
10) Open the contacts and phone apps and accept the permissions requests

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk XX.x (whatever is most recent).

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES
you tell me...

Don't expect any support if you:
- are not running the included kernel
- have installed any mods such as Xposed!
- have modified system files

Thanks to:

- Google
- LineageOS
- SlimRoms
- AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
- OmniRom
- NamelessROM
- Joe pacino
- Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jontxo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jontxo Ad-Free
4th September 2019, 11:11 AM |#2  
Flag Fallon, NV
Thanks Meter: 1,207

Donate to Me
More
I might take a look at this, what have you done since the last build in the main thread?
4th September 2019, 05:55 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeTex

I might take a look at this, what have you done since the last build in the main thread?

Hello

Thanks for your answer. What your are interested in is the process I follow to compile the rom ?. I can post the script I use, that is one I have created from the crdroid sources: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_build.

Regards
5th September 2019, 08:43 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Why not post this in the Pixel Development forum? Would gain more traction there.
5th September 2019, 08:50 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSmurf6768

Why not post this in the Pixel Development forum? Would gain more traction there.

Hello

I am not allowed yet to post in the Pixel Development forum because I haven't made enough posts yet.

Regards
5th September 2019, 08:58 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jontxo

Hello

I am not allowed yet to post in the Pixel Development forum because I haven't made enough posts yet.

Regards

Oh
Well thanks for your work anyway, has this been running well for you? Might be able to try it, the old crDroid was my favorite ROM.
5th September 2019, 09:01 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Oh
Well thanks for your work anyway, has this been running well for you? Might be able to try it, the old crDroid was my favorite ROM.

It is the rom that I use in my phone in a daily basis and I haven't found any issue yet.
5th September 2019, 10:02 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Are anyone try this rom? How was the performance and battery life? Any problems?
6th September 2019, 12:54 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoKa1993

Are anyone try this rom? How was the performance and battery life? Any problems?

I flashed it, all good so far.
Couple things to note, the Stock OpenGapps package said it was too big for system storage, had to move to Mini package.
When going through setup, the adb command given wasn't working until I went through setup a little bit, then came back to the beginning. Not sure exactly how to fix it but it worked eventually, and WiFi connected.
Will put it through its paces over the next couple days, thanks for the build!
7th September 2019, 07:34 AM |#10  
OP Member

More
Quote:

I flashed it, all good so far.
Couple things to note, the Stock OpenGapps package said it was too big for system storage, had to move to Mini package.
When going through setup, the adb command given wasn't working until I went through setup a little bit, then came back to the beginning. Not sure exactly how to fix it but it worked eventually, and WiFi connected.
Will put it through its paces over the next couple days, thanks for the build!

You are welcome. And thanks for trying it.

Regards
7th September 2019, 12:14 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jontxo

You are welcome. And thanks for trying it.

Regards

Suitable for daily driver? How frequent will it to be update?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)