FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[SAILFISH] Flash Kernel -> Thread moved

13,460 posts
Thanks Meter: 48,372

Thread Closed Email Thread
All discussions will now be held in the Pixel XL thread as the kernel is fully unified!
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to nathanchance For This Useful Post: [ View ]

10th May 2018, 06:43 AM |#3  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Mesa, AZ

More
You may notice the feature list is a little bare. I wanted to get a nice solid base formed first then add features in as requested. Please read the thread before requesting a feature; if it is already present, just press thanks.

In theory, this should work on P as I have merged the source in. I have only tested on Oreo though.

Feel free to join Telegram for beta builds and hanging out https://t.me/joinchat/C1UAJ0OCAoJtDRo-hhkjhw
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nathanchance For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th May 2018, 09:33 AM |#4  
Flag Trento
Thanks Meter: 331

Donate to Me
More
That's awesome
I think today or tomorrow, depending on my commitments, I'll flash P dp2 with this kernel and report if it's working or not.
Many thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to TENN3R For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TENN3R Ad-Free
10th May 2018, 01:25 PM |#5  
Flag Trento

Donate to Me
More
Yes, I confirm it's working perfectly with P, also using magisk 16.4, everything's fine
The Following User Says Thank You to TENN3R For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TENN3R Ad-Free
10th May 2018, 02:52 PM |#6  
Flag Chongqing
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TENN3R

Yes, I confirm it's working perfectly with P, also using magisk 16.4, everything's fine

Would you mind share your TWRP version and your flash procedure? I flashed the kernel with boot_twrp 3.2.1-2 and then magisk 16.4, got bootloop.
Thanks.
10th May 2018, 03:20 PM |#7  
Flag Trento

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queentus

Would you mind share your TWRP version and your flash procedure? I flashed the kernel with boot_twrp 3.2.1-2 and then magisk 16.4, got bootloop.
Thanks.

Of course. First, you have to start with a clean install. A lot of people are experiencing bootloops with a dirty flash.
So first flash factory image performing wipe. Don't set a lockscreen, I got data unable to decrypt on latest twrp 3.2.1-2 (in oreo worked).
Then fastboot boot twrp. You can choose to flash or just boot twrp, your choice.
If you want to flash twrp:
- flash twrp zip
- reboot recovery
- flash Flash kernel
- flash magisk 16.4 (16.0 stable doesn't work on P)

If you don't want twrp to stick, just:
- flash Flash kernel
- flash magisk 16.4

Reboot. Done.
10th May 2018, 07:08 PM |#8  
Flag Örebro/Sweden
Thanks Meter: 1,136

Donate to Me
More
Thanks @nathanchance ! Been reading your thread in the Marlin section and I'm glad you're adding kcal. Just updated to Android P yesterday and will flash yours when I can.

I have a question though, I flashed some kernels on Android P, clean flash the factory image in-between every time. Some of them every time you reboot you'll be greeted with a message that says to contact my device manufacturer because there's an internal issue. You could press ok and the mess goes away.this happens precisely before the Android beta message pops up when system loads. So some kernels has that error message and some doesn't, does flash kernel act this way?
10th May 2018, 07:49 PM |#9  
Flag Trento

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arju

Thanks @nathanchance ! Been reading your thread in the Marlin section and I'm glad you're adding kcal. Just updated to Android P yesterday and will flash yours when I can.

I have a question though, I flashed some kernels on Android P, clean flash the factory image in-between every time. Some of them every time you reboot you'll be greeted with a message that says to contact my device manufacturer because there's an internal issue. You could press ok and the mess goes away.this happens precisely before the Android beta message pops up when system loads. So some kernels has that error message and some doesn't, does flash kernel act this way?

Fortunately this doesn't, only beta popup
10th May 2018, 07:55 PM |#10  
Flag Örebro/Sweden
Thanks Meter: 1,136

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TENN3R

Fortunately this doesn't, only beta popup

Thank you for the answer 🙂
10th May 2018, 08:42 PM |#11  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Mesa, AZ

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arju

My guess is other kernels are universally disabling verity; I only disable verity on custom ROMs: https://github.com/nathanchance/AnyK...nel.sh#L64-L80
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nathanchance For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread