Android Q preview for Pixel?

Search This thread

thewraith420

Sep 3, 2011
Google Pixel 6
Doesn't seem likely but never know, I hope so, but even if it doesn't happen officially I'm still pretty sure we'll see custom Q roms

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

akkiurs

Mar 10, 2016
is it a daily driver?

Guys do let us know if it is a daily driver or not. I really wanna try this out.
And list bugs you encounter here also please

thewraith420

Sep 3, 2011
Google Pixel 6
Did you have to wipe user data after you enrolled for the preview?? Or is it just like an ota update leaving user data.
It's like an Ota... But I wiped anyways and it states that if you opt out of the beta program you'll need to wipe to go back. If you stay in until the beta program ends though it'll just Ota you to the official without needing a wipe

SilentAce07

Dec 13, 2010
Impressions so far:
- scrolling is noticably smoother, whether it's web pages or news content on the glauncher.
- battery seems to be better than Pie. The standby is definitely better, but I should note that I used a battery recalibration app right after updating (for the first time).
- the device seems to stay cooler under normal load. For whatever reason, it got hot doing some basic things in Pie and the battery life drained quickly.
- no bugs so far, all of my apps still work from what I can tell. Surprisingly stable for a first preview.

Belgas14

Account currently disabled
Sep 2, 2016
Usa
Impressions so far:
- scrolling is noticably smoother, whether it's web pages or news content on the glauncher.
- battery seems to be better than Pie. The standby is definitely better, but I should note that I used a battery recalibration app right after updating (for the first time).
- the device seems to stay cooler under normal load. For whatever reason, it got hot doing some basic things in Pie and the battery life drained quickly.
- no bugs so far, all of my apps still work from what I can tell. Surprisingly stable for a first preview.

I agree, so far its working very well, no problems for me, I used OTA

joywork

Jul 21, 2014
Works fine, but when i tap on last button in settings "tips and support" app crashes. System-wide "dark" theme is not dark but pure black. Thi is annoying for my eyes, dark grey is much better for me.

thewraith420

Sep 3, 2011
Google Pixel 6
Chase mobile app crashes after a couple min. Can anyone confirm the same?

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Works fine, but when i tap on last button in settings "tips and support" app crashes. System-wide "dark" theme is not dark but pure black. Thi is annoying for my eyes, dark grey is much better for me.
Where is the system wide dark theme?

joywork

Jul 21, 2014

Enable: adb shell settings put secure ui_night_mode 2
Disable: adb shell settings put secure ui_night_mode 1

For now toggle is missing

Last edited:
Reactions: thewraith420

akkiurs

Mar 10, 2016
Dark mode is not worth yet. Cant use Google photos. And maybe few other apps which are not discovered yet .

Try battery saver dark mode and check if you can live with google photos (side menu, etc)
If you can then go for it.

Otherwise not even a single crash yet on android Q beta q. Its a good experience so far.
Can be used as Daily driver.

Last edited:

akkiurs

Mar 10, 2016
It's been quite buggy for me, there are times when I open some apps and the system freezes completely, but I've seen some users don't complain at all , is it my device model or something...?:confused:

No not your device..., It freezes sometimes like once in a day but see its just a beta 1 i tend to ignore that 1 time a day thing.

And if you think its too buggy then try a clean flash or formatting your device once. It helps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Impressions so far:
    Looks like the first beta is up! We are in!

Enable: adb shell settings put secure ui_night_mode 2
    Disable: adb shell settings put secure ui_night_mode 1

For now toggle is missing
    Might be worth having a look/ask in the magisk canary builds thread as it's early stages of root in Q and there may be more to it than just a straight forward flash of magisk at this stage.
    Well i took the risk and tried.
    I downloaded magisk canary latest apk, download flashable zip and booted into latest twrp temporarily flashed the zip. And it worked. :good: