FORUMS

Can anyone bring me up to date please?

169 posts
Thanks Meter: 71

By Nicknoxx, Senior Member on 23rd March 2020, 12:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm quite out of touch. My OG Pixel was on Android 9, rooted with working Android Pay but yesterday it rebooted and now is unrooted on Android 10. TWRP sems to be gone too. Magisk manager says Magisk is not installed. My phone can't make contactless payments either.

I want a rooted phone
I want Google Pay
I don't care about being on the latest version

What are my best options?

Thanks
31st March 2020, 10:01 PM |#2  
Flag Albuquerque
Thanks Meter: 534

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicknoxx

I'm quite out of touch. My OG Pixel was on Android 9, rooted with working Android Pay but yesterday it rebooted and now is unrooted on Android 10. TWRP sems to be gone too. Magisk manager says Magisk is not installed. My phone can't make contactless payments either.

I want a rooted phone
I want Google Pay
I don't care about being on the latest version

What are my best options?

Thanks

Did Android 10 get beamed into your phone from an invading alien force?

You can use the last factory from 12/5/19. You can use the latest Pixel Dust which is staying up-to-date with latest kernels and security patches and works great! Also Evolution X, though the latest version may have serious bugs - still trying to figure it out.

fastboot boot .\twrp-3.3.0-0-sailfish.img for TWRP, then install zip.

Install latest Magisk, then for Google Pay to work, see: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...3&postcount=61

There is an install guide on the Marlin/XL forum that I've always followed, though using Sailfish files rather than Marlin.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)