Thanks Meter: 118

By matusala, Senior Member on 10th September 2019, 11:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th September 2019, 03:45 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 207

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horgar

No. Not tried. But if it worked for you that's good to know. I know for others it didn't work. Patching the boot.img only takes 10 minutes anyway.

Are you able to mount your system with magisk rooted 10?

I seem to remember getting some strange messages while flashing Magisk, like it couldn't mount system or something. It was in red. It seemed bad but it also came after successfully flashing Magisk, so it said. Everything was working fine after I rebooted. All root apps working as normal.
1st November 2019, 02:16 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Howdy y'all, this is all something I did recently after resurrecting my Google pixel. I also got Android 10 and twrp working with magisk. All was good until I tried mounting system so I can edit build.prop. I spend a ton of time trying to research why I could not mount system. Came up empty until I found this thread with someone mentioning you cannot mount system. Why is this? Is there no way that I can edit build.prop in this configuration?
GuestK00387
1st November 2019, 02:40 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffritz1

Howdy y'all, this is all something I did recently after resurrecting my Google pixel. I also got Android 10 and twrp working with magisk. All was good until I tried mounting system so I can edit build.prop. I spend a ton of time trying to research why I could not mount system. Came up empty until I found this thread with someone mentioning you cannot mount system. Why is this? Is there no way that I can edit build.prop in this configuration?

If your running Magisk you could try the Magiskhide props config module, Its in the downloads section of magisk manager. Should allow you to set custom props, there is a dedicated thread for it so may be worth a look there also.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
1st November 2019, 02:46 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglism93

If your running Magisk you could try the Magiskhide props config module, Its in the downloads section of magisk manager. Should allow you to set custom props, there is a dedicated thread for it so may be worth a look there also.

Yeah, after trying everything under the sun I started going down this route but as I was going through the Magiskhide props config module menu I see "Edit Magisk Props" and "Edit custom props" but It made me believe that it creates / edits new custom props and could not see a way of editing the build.prop in /system. May need to dig further into it since I never used this module before. Thanks for mentioning the Magiskhide props config module support thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffritz1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jeffritz1 Ad-Free
23rd March 2020, 05:45 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
is rooted Magisk on Android 10 or 11 with Pixel 1 possible?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffritz1

Yeah, after trying everything under the sun I started going down this route but as I was going through the Magiskhide props config module menu I see "Edit Magisk Props" and "Edit custom props" but It made me believe that it creates / edits new custom props and could not see a way of editing the build.prop in /system. May need to dig further into it since I never used this module before. Thanks for mentioning the Magiskhide props config module support thread.

Is there a link. I currently have a pixel on 8.1 and I am trying to get a rooted pixel up and running so I can tether. This will be my daily phone. I am looking for the best solution for a safe and robust system that allows tethering. thanks for any leads.

Sam
29th March 2020, 07:22 AM |#16  
Milan
Thanks Meter: 160

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YogaSlackers

Is there a link. I currently have a pixel on 8.1 and I am trying to get a rooted pixel up and running so I can tether. This will be my daily phone. I am looking for the best solution for a safe and robust system that allows tethering. thanks for any leads.

Sam

Hey, almost a week late but hope it's still helpful. Yes I recommend the official 10 firmware with Magisk, flashed through a temporary TWRP.
I've been running this setup for months, I can use all my root apps, even Google Pay and Netflix no problem.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)