FORUMS

Gmail delay notifications.

519 posts
Thanks Meter: 21

By wahur1, Senior Member on 2nd May 2017, 01:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have switched from Nexus 5 to Pixel. Since i have switched to pixel i've been getting delayed notifications on gmail. email aren't pushed anymore as i use to get on my nexus 5. So far i have removed my gmail account and re-added it but still same. i have excluded gmail app from battery optimization but still same. i cannot keep on looking on emails. is there anyway to fix this issue ? please help.
2nd May 2017, 04:23 PM |#2  
Flag Mesa AZ
Thanks Meter: 652

More
I've not seen this issue. I get a lot of email with multiple gmail accounts using the gmail standard app. Stock unrooted. I don't use battery optimization though ever.

If you are using a non-stock setup, you might check with the rom builder to see if this is an issue with that setup.
2nd May 2017, 04:29 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1,298

More
Very common, I see it from time to time. There are several bug reports on Google about it. No known fix.
2nd May 2017, 06:36 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1,899

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahur1

I have switched from Nexus 5 to Pixel. Since i have switched to pixel i've been getting delayed notifications on gmail. email aren't pushed anymore as i use to get on my nexus 5. So far i have removed my gmail account and re-added it but still same. i have excluded gmail app from battery optimization but still same. i cannot keep on looking on emails. is there anyway to fix this issue ? please help.

Start on the notifications tab under settings. Go to Gmail and start drilling down thru the menus. You might find something unchecked or not synched. Are you stock?

Sent from my Pixel using XDA-Developers Legacy app
3rd May 2017, 01:09 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby janow

Start on the notifications tab under settings. Go to Gmail and start drilling down thru the menus. You might find something unchecked or not synched. Are you stock?
i've already seen everything can't find anything.
Sent from my Pixel using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonikJDK

Very common, I see it from time to time. There are several bug reports on Google about it. No known fix.

u facing same issue ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by krelvinaz

I've not seen this issue. I get a lot of email with multiple gmail accounts using the gmail standard app. Stock unrooted. I don't use battery optimization though ever.

If you are using a non-stock setup, you might check with the rom builder to see if this is an issue with that setup.

im completely stock too. no root nothing. using the phone out of the box.
The Following User Says Thank You to wahur1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wahur1 Ad-Free
3rd May 2017, 01:16 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1,298

More
Quote:

u facing same issue ?

Yep, but it is random and not too bad.
3rd May 2017, 02:31 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonikJDK

Yep, but it is random and not too bad.

for me its not random... if im using the phone i do get notifications instantly. if i keep the phone down i dont see any email notification
3rd May 2017, 04:18 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1,899

More
Quote:

for me its not random... if im using the phone i do get notifications instantly. if i keep the phone down i dont see any email notification

You gotta be missing something. Maybe wifi goes off when the phone is down or something? Have you tried it on LTE only and do you get notifications on other network related apps like news alerts? Messages don't count unless you're using Signal or WhatsApp which I believe rely on network connectivity more so than simple SMS. This is not a usual circumstance because if it was then everyone would have been reporting it long ago. You just gotta keep looking until you find the culprit.
3rd May 2017, 01:32 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby janow

You gotta be missing something. Maybe wifi goes off when the phone is down or something? Have you tried it on LTE only and do you get notifications on other network related apps like news alerts? Messages don't count unless you're using Signal or WhatsApp which I believe rely on network connectivity more so than simple SMS. This is not a usual circumstance because if it was then everyone would have been reporting it long ago. You just gotta keep looking until you find the culprit.

im getting all other notifications timely. whatsapp, messengers, facebook e.t.c. only issue is with gmail. i have tried all the settings but the problem persist for no reason.
3rd May 2017, 02:56 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Just figured out what's really happening. Only getting notifications from primary inbox and not from other inboxes such as updates, forums, promotions e.t.c.

Even though in settings I have "tick" notify for every message but still no sound or notification.

I have cleared so for data/cache uninstalled Gmail app but same thing every time.
4th May 2017, 03:12 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Finally found the solution to it. After digging into menu and settings and found that by default sub-folder (such as updates, forums, promotions) emails notifications are disabled. i had to manually enable it under "Manage Labels" tab to turn on the notification sound. Now its working as it use to be.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)