FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Google Pixel Keeps Hanging and phone Reboots every time i Receive or Make a Call!

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By rezorn, Junior Member on 15th November 2017, 07:02 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Google Pixel Going Crazy after 8.0 Update!

It does not let me answer any calls or make any calls, when ever the person on the other end picks up the phone it freezes, or when ever i answer the call the app freezes, crashes, then my pixel restarts, This also happens on any Application which u can make a call on such as Whatsapp, Viber or even facebook messenger.

I have sent so many bug reports, Still no news or luck, Two weeks back an update of 50.2MB was there, i updated and it was ok for 2 or 3 days and this started happening again,

I also notice when ever im watching a video or playing a song on my pixel, and i try to increase or decrease my volume i cant play with the "Media" volume with my volume key on the side of my phone, i can only increase or decrease the volume of 'Call' option.

Also i have noticed that when this happens the phones mic/speaker is having some issues since i tried tuning my Guitar with a Guitar tuner app and the mic wont pic any sound from my guitar.

This is starting to get really annoying and frustrating!!!
Google Please don't Disappoint us,
Hope this issue gets solved Soon!
15th November 2017, 10:06 AM |#2  
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 170

More
Hardware mic issue "hairline crack in the audio codec", it is known and my previous pixel had this issue, and I bought a new one since I couldn't send it back for replacement, check Google for RMA.
5th December 2017, 05:56 AM |#3  

More
Made any headway with this problem?

I'm copping it as well, and not very pleased. I use my phone for business, and this is quite debilitating & unprofessional not being able to take a call, obviously.
5th December 2017, 03:14 PM |#4  
Coventry
Thanks Meter: 82

More
I had a crash/reboot issue on my pixel xl
I booted into safe mode
then restarted in normal mode and seems to have cleared it

may not cure, but worth a try

are you on stock? beta? custom rom?
18th November 2019, 08:59 PM |#5  

More
Google Pixel Keeps Hanging on phone calls After Android 10 Update
I have Google Pixel 1- Sailfish-128 GB. I am having problems with using the Phone app functionality. When I am receiving any call and I answer it, the phone app crashes and the phone is not usable. Entire system UI crashes and the only option I have is pressing the power and volume down button to force shut it down. Same thing happens when I place any outgoing call through phone app or making/receiving call on any 3rd party apps like Whatsapp, Instagram etc.. I have tried factory reset from settings, Resetting from recovery.. but nothing helps.
Phone works somewhat fine as long as there is not outgoing/incoming calls.

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

I have Google Pixel 1- Sailfish-128 GB. I am having problems with using the Phone app functionality. When I am receiving any call and I answer it, the phone app crashes and the phone is not usable. Entire system UI crashes and the only option I have is pressing the power and volume down button to force shut it down. Same thing happens when I place any outgoing call through phone app or making/receiving call on any 3rd party apps like Whatsapp, Instagram etc.. I have tried factory reset from settings, Resetting from recovery.. but nothing helps.
Phone works somewhat fine as long as there is not outgoing/incoming calls.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)