FORUMS

Google Pixel Mic and Speakers not working

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By jameskim153, Junior Member on 12th June 2018, 10:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, the speakers and microphone on my Google pixel do not work and I also noticed that video recording and the Google Assistant would refuse to work as well. My pixel also fails to recognise that a headphone has been connected to the the headphone jack. I got this phone second hand from someone but they told me they had factory reset the phone but the speakers and microphone would still not work so I think it is a hardware issue.

Help would be greatly appreciated thank you 😀
12th June 2018, 09:30 PM |#2  
Flag Örebro/Sweden
Thanks Meter: 1,151

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskim153

Hi, the speakers and microphone on my Google pixel do not work and I also noticed that video recording and the Google Assistant would refuse to work as well. My pixel also fails to recognise that a headphone has been connected to the the headphone jack. I got this phone second hand from someone but they told me they had factory reset the phone but the speakers and microphone would still not work so I think it is a hardware issue.

Help would be greatly appreciated thank you 😀

It's a hardware defect affecting pixel devices produced before January 2017. It would eventually happen to the phones produced in 2016 and there's no way to tell when it would happen. Only fix is to change the motherboard. If you're able to return the phone then do it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arju For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Arju Ad-Free
13th June 2018, 09:51 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arju

It's a hardware defect affecting pixel devices produced before January 2017. It would eventually happen to the phones produced in 2016 and there's no way to tell when it would happen. Only fix is to change the motherboard. If you're able to return the phone then do it.

Unfortunatly I bought a second hand pixel and did not know this issue until I tried to use audio. I'm trying to repair it myself and I read in another forum that replacing the headphone jack or the mic/speakers would solve the problem. Do I need to buy another mother board and replace it with the current one I have right now?
13th June 2018, 12:57 PM |#4  
Flag Örebro/Sweden

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Unfortunatly I bought a second hand pixel and did not know this issue until I tried to use audio. I'm trying to repair it myself and I read in another forum that replacing the headphone jack or the mic/speakers would solve the problem. Do I need to buy another mother board and replace it with the current one I have right now?

I personally have not done any such procedure so would let someone else answer. What I could do is to identify when your phone was produced to narrow down if that could be the issue. If that's the same then the motherboard needs changing and you might just find a beaten up working pixel for cheap and try swapping the parts unless you find the motherboard for cheap though. Could go to settings>system>about phone>status>serial number. Give is the 5 first characters. Mine is FA77M. I could read from this that it's produced in taiwan on the 21st-07-2017.
13th June 2018, 01:04 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

I personally have not done any such procedure so would let someone else answer. What I could do is to identify when your phone was produced to narrow down if that could be the issue. If that's the same then the motherboard needs changing and you might just find a beaten up working pixel for cheap and try swapping the parts unless you find the motherboard for cheap though. Could go to settings>system>about phone>status>serial number. Give is the 5 first characters. Mine is FA77M. I could read from this that it's produced in taiwan on the 21st-07-2017.

It says that my serial number is FA69H
13th June 2018, 06:00 PM |#6  
Flag Örebro/Sweden

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It says that my serial number is FA69H

FA – Taiwan Taoyuan B factory
69H - 2016-September-17th.

Your device is probably suffering from motherboard issues unfortunately.
19th June 2018, 01:20 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:

FA – Taiwan Taoyuan B factory
69H - 2016-September-17th.

Your device is probably suffering from motherboard issues unfortunately.

I saw some units @ the shop as I'm looking to buy one. Are any of these safe from mic problem? Some of it is still nougat. Thank you!
FA6A6
FA69H
FA69G
19th June 2018, 03:17 PM |#8  
Flag Örebro/Sweden

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiyaslalabs

I saw some units @ the shop as I'm looking to buy one. Are any of these safe from mic problem? Some of it is still nougat. Thank you!
FA6A6
FA69H
FA69G

FA6A6 - Produced in Taiwan Taoyuan B factory - 2016-October-6th
FA69H - Produced in Taiwan Taoyuan B factory - 2016-September-17th
FA69G - Produced in Taiwan Taoyuan B factory - 2016-September-16th

From what I understand, all devices produced in January 2017 and after should have this issue fixed. Pixels made in 2016 is pretty much a ticking "bomb"... someday the issue will occur. I personally would stay away from the devices you mentioned. If you find a device with the third character being 7 then you should be safe. My device is FA77M which reads - Produced in Taiwan Taoyuan B factory - 2017-July-21st, which should be safe.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arju For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Arju Ad-Free
19th June 2018, 04:39 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:

FA6A6 - Produced in Taiwan Taoyuan B factory - 2016-October-6th
FA69H - Produced in Taiwan Taoyuan B factory - 2016-September-17th
FA69G - Produced in Taiwan Taoyuan B factory - 2016-September-16th

From what I understand, all devices produced in January 2017 and after should have this issue fixed. Pixels made in 2016 is pretty much a ticking "bomb"... someday the issue will occur. I personally would stay away from the devices you mentioned. If you find a device with the third character being 7 then you should be safe. My device is FA77M which reads - Produced in Taiwan Taoyuan B factory - 2017-July-21st, which should be safe.

Thanks for that information mate. It's hard to find that version of yours though.
8th July 2018, 09:56 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I have a november 2016 pixel and uBreakiFix (canada & US, but I did it through Canada) replaced the motherboard free of charge even 8 months outside of my warranty period.

I'd consider going to them.
9th July 2018, 06:36 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Unfortunately I bought it second hand and I don't have the receipt ( I live in Sydney btw), so even if I did go to my local ubreakifix I don't know if they'll fix it for me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)