FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q&A] Noob -Friendly Q&A Help Thread - Ask Your Questions Here!

4,025 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,397

By Saber, Recognized Contributor on 28th October 2016, 12:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th November 2016, 06:46 PM |#11  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nednednerb

Remember Windows 95? Remember how it ran on DOS 3.1 (a command prompt)?

Haha, I had to Google DOS. I've heard of Windows 95. Either way, thx for the explanation. That makes sense.
5th November 2016, 03:23 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I feel like this may be a stupid question but is it possible to edit build prop with the current root method for Google pixel? I have tried using a few different root file managers and editing the build prop, but every time I reboot the build prop reverts back to its original form. Is there any other way to edit the build prop yet? Maybe using adb? But how would I go about doing that?
5th November 2016, 04:53 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicfajita

I feel like this may be a stupid question but is it possible to edit build prop with the current root method for Google pixel? I have tried using a few different root file managers and editing the build prop, but every time I reboot the build prop reverts back to its original form. Is there any other way to edit the build prop yet? Maybe using adb? But how would I go about doing that?

There will be, I'm sure. Even if you could find a way to do it, I wouldn't yet. The development community is still starting up, and if something goes wrong, you may not be able to fix it. Have patience, these things will come, they always do.
5th November 2016, 07:29 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Helo
5th November 2016, 12:05 PM |#15  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 8,397

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

Helo

Welcome to the Google Pixel XDA Forum

If you have any questions, feel free to leave a post in this noob friendly thread where someone may be able to give you answers.

Saber
The Following User Says Thank You to Saber For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Saber Ad-Free
5th November 2016, 06:15 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Anyone had any experience using the Pixel Switch feature, coming from other Android device? I'm wondering whether it will transfer app data properly, especially messaging apps like LINE.
6th November 2016, 12:13 AM |#17  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 248

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by inscythe

Anyone had any experience using the Pixel Switch feature, coming from other Android device? I'm wondering whether it will transfer app data properly, especially messaging apps like LINE.

Use a high quality cable that isn't old and worn and you should be able to transfer most data successfully. If not everything you want transfers, I recommend a backup app like My Backup or Titanium Backup

Sent from my sailfish using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to nednednerb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nednednerb Ad-Free
6th November 2016, 02:39 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nednednerb

Use a high quality cable that isn't old and worn and you should be able to transfer most data successfully. If not everything you want transfers, I recommend a backup app like My Backup or Titanium Backup

I think I will be doing a manual transfer, since I still want to do the transfer selectively... Thanks for the suggestion.
6th November 2016, 04:46 AM |#19  
Quote:

I haven't had trouble editing the build.prop with es file manager's RB Text Editor
6th November 2016, 05:01 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow

I haven't had trouble editing the build.prop with es file manager's RB Text Editor

Wait what is rb text editor? I am trying es file right now and I can't figure out how to edit build prop with it. I use amaze and it doesn't work
6th November 2016, 05:04 AM |#21  
Quote:

Wait what is rb text editor? I am trying es file right now and I can't figure out how to edit build prop with it. I use amaze and it doesn't work

it's possible RB Text Editor was included with Root browser
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any questions, help thread, noob friendly, questions and answers, troubleshooting

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)