FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q&A] Noob -Friendly Q&A Help Thread - Ask Your Questions Here!

4,025 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,397

By Saber, Recognized Contributor on 28th October 2016, 12:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th November 2016, 05:04 AM |#21  
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicfajita

Wait what is rb text editor? I am trying es file right now and I can't figure out how to edit build prop with it. I use amaze and it doesn't work

it's possible RB Text Editor was included with Root browser
6th November 2016, 05:40 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow

it's possible RB Text Editor was included with Root browser

Oh my god thank you so much I just installed BusyBox and then it started to work
7th November 2016, 01:10 AM |#23  
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicfajita

Oh my god thank you so much I just installed BusyBox and then it started to work

Sure, Root Browser asks to install BusyBox, most File managers do not ask.
12th November 2016, 12:07 AM |#24  
Flag Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 246

Donate to Me
More
Hey all, I noticed the factory images have a lot of extra .img files compared to a Nexus. Does anyone have instructions on how to manually flash the system image with fastboot commands?
12th November 2016, 01:00 AM |#25  
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunks3

Hey all, I noticed the factory images have a lot of extra .img files compared to a Nexus. Does anyone have instructions on how to manually flash the system image with fastboot commands?

written for the Pixel XL but same steps
http://forum.xda-developers.com/pixe...tboot-t3498187

Sent from my XT1254 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sd_shadow Ad-Free
12th November 2016, 01:33 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
I'm wondering if there's a way to edit the soft keys without root?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
12th November 2016, 02:23 AM |#27  
Quote:

I rewrote them for pixel
Installing new security update with fastboot.exe for a bootloader-unlocked Pixel
The Following User Says Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sd_shadow Ad-Free
12th November 2016, 02:27 AM |#28  
Flag Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 246

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow

I rewrote them for pixel
Installing new security update with fastboot.exe for a bootloader-unlocked Pixel

What about the other .img files that come in the factory image?
12th November 2016, 02:35 AM |#29  
Quote:

What about the other .img files that come in the factory image?

Shouldn't be necessary, if you compare checksums from older firmware, I think you will find they haven't updated the others
12th November 2016, 11:27 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Could someone please explain me how to proper Change the wallpaper? I choose the wallpaper, Center it or whatever and everytime it gets resized and pushed off when applied. Cant find any Option to get that Fixed. Doesnt Change anything if i Change the wallpaper within Nova or the System setting.
13th November 2016, 04:29 AM |#31  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 248

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoury

Could someone please explain me how to proper Change the wallpaper? I choose the wallpaper, Center it or whatever and everytime it gets resized and pushed off when applied. Cant find any Option to get that Fixed. Doesnt Change anything if i Change the wallpaper within Nova or the System setting.

Try uninstalling Nova Launcher (as it was last updated in May and your OS is newer and probably incompatible until an update).

I have no 3rd party launcher and add wallpaper for me works perfectly as normally intended on the stock Pixel launcher. Nova might catch up, but not there now.

Sent from my sailfish using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any questions, help thread, noob friendly, questions and answers, troubleshooting

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)