FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q&A] Noob -Friendly Q&A Help Thread - Ask Your Questions Here!

4,026 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,397

By Saber, Recognized Contributor on 28th October 2016, 12:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th October 2019, 01:04 PM |#551  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 104

More
Android 10 OTA help
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgace

One tip: never, ever relock your bootloader!

Sent from my Google Pixel using XDA Labs

Okay, but why?
And how do i install the OTA?
11th October 2019, 09:32 AM |#552  
Thanks Meter: 252

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sallu08

Okay, but why?
And how do i install the OTA?

It can brick your device if something goes wrong when you're not 100% stock if you try. There are plenty reports of that from people who did try.

Wich firmware are you on right now?

Cheers

Sent from my Google Pixel using XDA Labs
17th October 2019, 01:12 AM |#553  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Cant contiune past "Your device cant be checked for corruption warning."
Hello,

I took a gamble and bought a google pixel phone described as not working. It displayed the "device cant be checked for corruption. Please lock the bootloader" warning, and crashed while starting up afterwards.
It seems like a bad idea to lock the bootloader, from what I have read online, however.

Following Moawdroids Google Pixel return to stock video I flashed the bootloader, radio, and the Android 10 factory image to both slots, and made a factory reset.
After waiting for 10 mins or so, I started the phone up again. It displayed the spinning G and I put the phone aside as I had heard it would take a while to boot up. When I checked on the phone it was off again. How would you proceed to hopefully get the phone to start up without locking the bootloader?

Thank you for your help
Flakes
18th October 2019, 06:52 PM |#554  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 269

More
@_Flakes Don't worry about the bootloader, you'll need it unlocked to be able to flash factory images.
A clean install is always a good starting point, I'd try doing another reset and then reboot it while on the charger to try and rule out a knackered battery. If that don't help then it could be a hardware issue, some early pixels developed a motherboard problem (2016 devices I think) that caused shutdowns/total power loss. If you search 'bricked pixel' or similar you will come across it in the threads it throws up and hopefully find another option or two you can try.
Good luck

Sent from my Nexus 5X using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to junglism93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift junglism93 Ad-Free
22nd October 2019, 09:56 PM |#555  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hey there! I'm looking at buying a Pixel since my Moto G5 Plus has pissed me off for the final time (not enough Ram... And I can't download more :P)

I've been scouring eBay for a "new" one, but it boils down to this: I can't tell if people are selling a Verizon or Google one. Multiple Google searches have lead me to believe that most of the Skus are for Verizon, and not many sellers provide clearly if it's from Verizon, refurbished from Google, or whatever.

I know how to root and all that, but unlike every other phone I've bought, this stumps me. How can I tell (without the phone in hand and a slightly pricy mistake) if a phone is Google and not Verizon? What questions could I ask to get that info? The bulk resellers probably won't be able to tell me, so it's the little guys for me.
23rd October 2019, 02:58 PM |#556  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsyGravy

Hey there! I'm looking at buying a Pixel since my Moto G5 Plus has pissed me off for the final time (not enough Ram... And I can't download more :P)

I've been scouring eBay for a "new" one, but it boils down to this: I can't tell if people are selling a Verizon or Google one. Multiple Google searches have lead me to believe that most of the Skus are for Verizon, and not many sellers provide clearly if it's from Verizon, refurbished from Google, or whatever.

I know how to root and all that, but unlike every other phone I've bought, this stumps me. How can I tell (without the phone in hand and a slightly pricy mistake) if a phone is Google and not Verizon? What questions could I ask to get that info? The bulk resellers probably won't be able to tell me, so it's the little guys for me.

Hi, so I figured it out. Putting the imei into Verizon's checker will tell you if it's a non-Verizon pixel. I'll be joining the ranks soon, just bought one.
The Following User Says Thank You to MattsyGravy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MattsyGravy Ad-Free
24th October 2019, 12:23 AM |#557  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
The used of 3450mah battery on pixel
Can I install 3450mah battery on pixel XL on my pixel?
22nd December 2019, 09:17 PM |#558  

More
I have a Google Pixel I had gotten used I have been using it stock on Android 10.

But seeing as how the security updates won't be comnig anymore I wanted to keep it secure in the future with Lineage OS and TWRP to update it regularly.

I followed the instructions here:

https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/sailfish/install

I have gotten the loader unlocked and it wiped my phone. But I can't get TWRP to work.

The downloads for the TWRP version for Pixel doesn't have an IMG file to load and trying to load the individual files in the archive does not seem to work. I also tried renaming the zip file and it did not work.

Here is the download page.

https://dl.twrp.me/sailfish/twrp-pix...3.0-0.zip.html

I can't seem to find any guides on how to do this. I want to keep my pixel up to date with the latest Android 10 updates and the only way will be loading the latest roms manually via TWRP. Please help.

https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-install-twrp/ also doesn't seem to apply

Anybody have any ideas?
23rd December 2019, 01:09 PM |#559  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 269

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalbrae

I have a Google Pixel I had gotten used I have been using it stock on Android 10.

But seeing as how the security updates won't be comnig anymore I wanted to keep it secure in the future with Lineage OS and TWRP to update it regularly.

I followed the instructions here:

https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/sailfish/install

I have gotten the loader unlocked and it wiped my phone. But I can't get TWRP to work.

The downloads for the TWRP version for Pixel doesn't have an IMG file to load and trying to load the individual files in the archive does not seem to work. I also tried renaming the zip file and it did not work.

Here is the download page.

https://dl.twrp.me/sailfish/twrp-pix...3.0-0.zip.html

I can't seem to find any guides on how to do this. I want to keep my pixel up to date with the latest Android 10 updates and the only way will be loading the latest roms manually via TWRP. Please help.

https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-install-twrp/ also doesn't seem to apply

Anybody have any ideas?

You can fastboot boot twrp recovery In adb, just use the command fastboot boot twrp.img* (* use twrp file name here) and it will temporarily boot twrp recovery. You can then perform wipes or flash the rom etc as you would normally. You'll have to repeat the process for fastbooting twrp to flash updates etc when needed, you can also flash twrp to the ramdisk if you really want it on board but it's a bit of a trick and I found just fastbooting it simpler. Check the official twrp thread for the pixel and the twrp wiki for more info if required.
Hope that helps
The Following User Says Thank You to junglism93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift junglism93 Ad-Free
22nd January 2020, 02:45 PM |#560  
Flag Dimitrovgrad
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Hi. Can i downgrade firmware from android 10 to android 7.1.2 ?
22nd January 2020, 03:00 PM |#561  
Quote:
Originally Posted by falio

Hi. Can i downgrade firmware from android 10 to android 7.1.2 ?

Sure if the bootloader is unlocked and firmware is still available
Downgrading the bootloader is always a little risky.

Sent from my mata using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sd_shadow Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any questions, help thread, noob friendly, questions and answers, troubleshooting

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)