FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

*fixed* Low In-call volume since May Update.

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By Deadmau73, Junior Member on 19th May 2018, 02:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Everything was fine , my phone was running on stock + Magisk and Twrp + stock kernel + April Update .
I used it as my daily driver and i had no issue .
Yesterday i updated to Latest update via TWRP and everything was fine , the call volume seems to be normal , after using it for almost 24 hrs .
But after few hours now i've been facing low in-call volume i wiped data of the phone app
Wiped Dalvik
Restored to factory settings "wiped data"
But i'm still facing this problem .
And it seems i have low volume in every "voip call too" viber + messenger .
What seems to be the problem , i hope it's not a hardware issue or i'll be f*** because in my country i coudn't find a cover for my pixel . So let's not talk about the speakerphone

20th May 2018, 03:51 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

More
So after messing around and trying all stock Images , i still got the problem, even with Android P Beta i still got the same issue , i tried cleaning the earpiece , nothing happened .
After losing hope , i was reading about changing something called "hearing aid under accessibility" . I couldn't find it ,
****The solution ****
so i turned "mono speaker on "
And i tested the earpiece and it worked 😍 the volume is back to normal , then i turned it off again and everything is working fine now .
So turning mono speaker fixed something and returning to stock image didn't ?
So now i'm worried about the IC chip on the motherboard i think there's something wrong with it , and i think i'll be facing this problem soon , i hope not *fingers crossed*
13th September 2018, 03:32 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I don't understand, where do you find "mono speaker on?"

I also have had low volume on earpiece for phone calls since about May or so, despite updating to P. Please give more instructions as to what you did.

Also, do you also have the problem that people cannot hear you when using speakerphone?
26th December 2018, 01:38 AM |#4  
Flag Port Angeles
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Mono
The mono setting is found in settings under accessibility.
12th April 2019, 02:57 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Might Just Need A Needle

I know this might sound like a stupid/common sense comment, but after failing many different attempts at this, I had an "AH-HAH" moment. This was when i heard a mild distortion, when i pressed my ear firmly against the phone.

So, I took a needle, and started running it across the ear/call speaker. I immediately started noticing some crap getting scraped off (phone is 1.5yo, after all). This, in spite of it looking 100% clean. I did this for a bit, using a dust buster after every few passes. That way, I didn't press anything farther in & suctioned out, what I couldn't access. Do this until nothing seems to come off anymore.

You really don't need to worry about damaging the speaker, as you're only cleaning the protective plastic shield/guard. The holes are extremely small in this plastic cover. Way smaller than the width of a needle. You may want to go after the individual holes, if you don't get enough increased volume.

---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 AM ----------

Also, in addition to the needle method above, if the benefits aren't significant enough, can bring in the artillery:

Canned Air (with the pressure multiplying straw)
Powerful Carpet Vacuum Hose- And if needed, narrow the suction beam, by placing something over the hose opening. Be it your fingers, or even an old piece of plastic with a hole cut into it.

Remember to use the needle method first, or during above methods. Since, if the crud isn't loosened first, it's not going to be moving anywhere.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sleepsy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sleepsy Ad-Free
28th June 2019, 08:27 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have a brand new 3a. Stupidly low call volume. Speakerphone volume is fine.

Switching to mono did not help.

Not pleased.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
googlepixel, may patch 2018, no call, no soun, pixel

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)