FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Does Project Fi Work with ROMs?

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Prokaryote, Junior Member on 19th August 2018, 05:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I was just thinking about flashing a ROM (also rooting) on my Pixel (sailfish) but before I did I wanted to know if Project Fi works like it does on stock, with no issues or interference with ROMs and also custom kernel's?

Anything I should know about Project Fi and ROMs/Kernel's not working together?
19th August 2018, 06:10 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prokaryote

I was just thinking about flashing a ROM (also rooting) on my Pixel (sailfish) but before I did I wanted to know if Project Fi works like it does on stock, with no issues or interference with ROMs and also custom kernel's?

Anything I should know about Project Fi and ROMs/Kernel's not working together?

On Project Fi myself and running Razorloves unofficial Lineage 16 with no issues so far. I've rooted and used custom roms since day one with my 1st Gen Pixel.
The Following User Says Thank You to VerneVerne For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VerneVerne Ad-Free
17th November 2018, 05:37 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Can an unsupported Fi device, for example an S9, running a GSI Treble "Pixel" ROM work like a supported device on Fi?
18th November 2018, 07:30 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
I'm currently running pixeldust pie. Seems to work fine. My location best carrier is US Cellular, then Sprint. On lineage 16 unofficial had ok results but seemed to always try to switch to t mobile. So from my view...stock first, then benzo or pixeldust, then lineage. If you decide to go on other rooms, use gapps derived from google images. Open Gapps in my experience would cause issues on fi, during 8, 8.1 times.
The Following User Says Thank You to kkjb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kkjb Ad-Free
20th November 2018, 02:11 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkjb

I'm currently running pixeldust pie. Seems to work fine. My location best carrier is US Cellular, then Sprint. On lineage 16 unofficial had ok results but seemed to always try to switch to t mobile. So from my view...stock first, then benzo or pixeldust, then lineage. If you decide to go on other rooms, use gapps derived from google images. Open Gapps in my experience would cause issues on fi, during 8, 8.1 times.

thanks
20th November 2018, 02:37 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
I have Pixel 3 Call Screen enabled. pixeldust yes visual voice mail works. Which I'm guessing is the quick notification pull down and inside phone app showing a English visual of the message, Yes. SMS I can only tell by if I send a message and the arrow=> shows sms then yes. I have no devices that only send sms. Now Project Fi has changed (last month I think) were inside app can't select sms with the forwarding options anymore. So don't know if that helps on the sms.
I only use rom's that will work with switching from t-moble, sprint, us cellular. Some roms will work but not as good as factory images. So roms derived from factory app images are all I use. Which is benzo and pixeldust.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)