FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Remove TWRP (Restore Stock Recovery)?

59 posts
Thanks Meter: 18

By Moogagot, Member on 13th December 2016, 10:02 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Any recommendations on removing TWRP and restoring stock recovery so I can move up to 7.1.1?
I don't have a backup of the old recovery.
13th December 2016, 11:54 AM |#2  
Washington D.C.
Thanks Meter: 261

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogagot

Any recommendations on removing TWRP and restoring stock recovery so I can move up to 7.1.1?
I don't have a backup of the old recovery.

Flash the boot.img from the stock system image. This has been mentioned many times around this forum. Search is your friend.
21st December 2016, 05:30 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntryby429

This has been mentioned many times around this forum. Search is your friend.

I've spent hours searching everything from "Stock Bootloader" to "Remove TWRP" with no luck. Any advice?
21st December 2016, 05:46 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 262

More
Quote:

I've spent hours searching everything from "Stock Bootloader" to "Remove TWRP" with no luck. Any advice?

Well, it's actually everywhere. However, you have to discern what apply to you and what do not. That's the danger of a public forum such a this. Everyone has an opinion. Sometimes, an inaccurate answer is provided. Most other times, the incorrect question was originally posed.

In your case, you don't need to go back to the original stock image. Assuming your bootloader is still unlocked, just flash 7.1.1 and get on with your life. Download 7.1.1 stock image from the Google developers' web site. Extract it. Edit the flash-all.bat file to remove the -w switch if you don't want to lose userdata. Boot the phone into bootloader. Execute flash-all.bat. Then you have 7.1.1.

If you don't have a recovery backup, then you're taking a risk. I have not only a recovery backup, but more importantly, a complete set of Titanium backup on my laptop.
21st December 2016, 06:11 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 269

More
Quote:

Download the factory image for the version of Android that you're currently running. Look inside the zip and you'll find another zipped file. Open that and you'll see a file in there that's named boot.img. Extract the boot.img file the same folder as your fastboot is in, open a command prompt in that folder flash it with fastboot.

fastboot flash boot_a boot.img
fastboot flash boot_b boot.img

That will get you back to the stock bootloader and stock recovery.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robocuff For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift robocuff Ad-Free
21st December 2016, 06:27 AM |#6  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robocuff

Download the factory image for the version of Android that you're currently running. Look inside the zip and you'll find another zipped file. Open that and you'll see a file in there that's named boot.img. Extract the boot.img file the same folder as your fastboot is in, open a command prompt in that folder flash it with fastboot.

fastboot flash boot_a boot.img
fastboot flash boot_b boot.img

That will get you back to the stock bootloader and stock recovery.

I tried flashing some other stuff and it bricked Google is sending out a replacement.
21st December 2016, 06:39 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 262

More
Quote:

I tried flashing some other stuff and it bricked Google is sending out a replacement.

Well, hope there's not a next time, but power + volume up should take you to the recovery menu. It's next to impossible to brick phones any more. Lord knows I try daily to see how I can brick my phones, just so I can assist others.
The Following User Says Thank You to quangtran1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift quangtran1 Ad-Free
21st December 2016, 07:00 AM |#8  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by quangtran1

Well, hope there's not a next time, but power + volume up should take you to the recovery menu. It's next to impossible to brick phones any more. Lord knows I try daily to see how I can brick my phones, just so I can assist others.

I broke recovery. I just says "No Command"
21st December 2016, 10:26 AM |#9  
Flag Mesa AZ
Thanks Meter: 652

More
Quote:

No you didn't, at that screen with "No Command":

Hold the Power button and press Volume Up once, and a menu will appear.
The Following User Says Thank You to krelvinaz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift krelvinaz Ad-Free
21st December 2016, 03:42 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1,813

More
Quote:

Come on man, you can do it next time. Please?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=no+command+stock+recovery+pixel
21st December 2016, 03:52 PM |#11  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krelvinaz

No you didn't, at that screen with "No Command":

Hold the Power button and press Volume Up once, and a menu will appear.

No menu appears. I just get a flash and back to no command.
I can get into the bootloader, but again, any option leads to the No Command screen.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)