FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Unable to unlock bootloader (OEM unlocking disabled)

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By eldeen, Junior Member on 5th December 2019, 07:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,
I couldn't unlock the bootloader as the OEM unlocking's disabled and i can't access system! Everything's erased!
Any help????
6th December 2019, 01:34 PM |#2  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 264

More
A bit more info might be helpful mate.
What did you do to arrive at the situation you are in?
Can your pc see your device via ADB and if so what are you using: latest platform tools or toolkit?
Can you boot to stock recovery or bootloader?
Without any of the above info its going to be extremely difficult for anyone to give any kind of answer.
The Following User Says Thank You to junglism93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift junglism93 Ad-Free
6th December 2019, 05:13 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglism93

A bit more info might be helpful mate.
What did you do to arrive at the situation you are in?
Can your pc see your device via ADB and if so what are you using: latest platform tools or toolkit?
Can you boot to stock recovery or bootloader?
Without any of the above info its going to be extremely difficult for anyone to give any kind of answer.

The device isn't recognized via ADB.
I can boot to Bootloader

The phone was working fine with the latest google stock android 10, i decided to lock the bootloader cuz the phone was getting overheated so i thought it'd be a good idea to lock the bootloader. Prior to do that, it asked me to erase everything! I erased everything and when i tried to reinstall the stock image it asked me to unlock the bootloader!!
The problem is that USB debugging isn't enabled and the phone is empty with no system!
6th December 2019, 07:14 PM |#4  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 264

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldeen

The device isn't recognized via ADB.
I can boot to Bootloader

The phone was working fine with the latest google stock android 10, i decided to lock the bootloader cuz the phone was getting overheated so i thought it'd be a good idea to lock the bootloader. Prior to do that, it asked me to erase everything! I erased everything and when i tried to reinstall the stock image it asked me to unlock the bootloader!!
The problem is that USB debugging isn't enabled and the phone is empty with no system!

Ouch! That's a right old situation you have there mate, with no OS installed a locked bootloader and no ADB function I'd have to say your phone is non recoverable!
Sorry mate but I can't see anyway out of that lot.
Maybe someone else a bit more knowledgeable might chip in but I'm deffo out of ideas.
The Following User Says Thank You to junglism93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift junglism93 Ad-Free
7th December 2019, 01:15 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglism93

Ouch! That's a right old situation you have there mate, with no OS installed a locked bootloader and no ADB function I'd have to say your phone is non recoverable!
Sorry mate but I can't see anyway out of that lot.
Maybe someone else a bit more knowledgeable might chip in but I'm deffo out of ideas.

Thanks for help anyway,
But there must a solution to this! I mean my phone isn't under warranty and I'm willing to go for paid services to unlock the bootloader!
18th December 2019, 09:31 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:

Thanks for help anyway,
But there must a solution to this! I mean my phone isn't under warranty and I'm willing to go for paid services to unlock the bootloader!

Try switching slots, assuming the pixel is an A/B device. Maybe you still have a bootable system in your other slot and I don't think you need an unlocked bootloader to switch slots
18th December 2019, 09:55 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidNazi

Try switching slots, assuming the pixel is an A/B device. Maybe you still have a bootable system in your other slot and I don't think you need an unlocked bootloader to switch slots

Thanks for help, but could you please show me how to do that?
20th December 2019, 05:56 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:

Thanks for help, but could you please show me how to do that?

Make sure you have the latest fastboot. On the bootloader your phone will either say "slot a" or "slot b" and you should type "fastboot --set-active=b" if you are on slot a or "fastboot --set-active=a" if you are on slot b
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)