FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[How-to] Unlock bootloader on Pixel Google Store with "OEM unlock" Disabled -

56 posts
Thanks Meter: 18

Post Reply Email Thread
I experienced the mishap of locking back the bootloader after flashing the device with my signed custom build. The result was that i was no long able to activate the "OEM unlock" in the "Developer options".
The fact is that If you Signe your build you will not be able to rollback to stock build with ADB update / ADB Sideload / SDRAM zip ... because your Bootloader check the signature.
The only way to do it is to flash the OTA or google Factory Build by Fastboot and for that you need your Bootloader to be unlocked.

Here's in red what i did wrong :

- Activate the "OEM Unlock" in Developer options.
- Unlocked the bootloader with Fastboot
- Flash my signed ROM
- At this time the "OEM Unlock" will turn Gray and we can no more use it to activate or desactivate.
- To test some security functions, i did re-lock my bootloader with fastboot. (Forgot that the OEM unlock is disabled).

Here's what i tryed in order to solve :

I did the steps discribed in [How-to] Unlock bootloader on Verizon Pixel/XL by burduli.

That did not solve my issue but it gives me an idea where to look for. Big Thanks to @burduli (Cedit to @Qu3ntin0 and @LeoTheRomRasta)

Here's the steps i did to solve :
No need to be on internet or so on

I did notice on the Device that there was a Guest User account but i had no way to remove it.

To do so i managed to :

1 - Wipe (factory reset) : Setting / System / Advanced / Reset options / Erase all data (Factory reset) => (Find the entry according to your Built / Android version)

2- Boot in Safe mode (Turn off the device / Hold the power on button till Google screen then release and hold pressed the volum down button until the device finish booting.

3- Go to setting / System / Advanced / Multiple users

4- tap on Guest, then on "Menu" the [...] on top right of the window

5- "Delete Guest User from this device" and confirm (It will seem like nothing done but don't stress it's ok)

6- Ones again Setting / System / Advanced / Reset options / Erase all data (Factory reset)

7- Your Device will reboot and at this time hold pressed the volum down button until the device finish booting (this time it will take longer to finish booting cause android is seting-up all stufs) . (that will boot the device in safe mode).

8- Enable Developer mode (tap 7 times on Build number under "About phone")

9 - Goto Developer options and you are done (The OEM unlock option is back and you can enable or disable it)

You can now reboot your device in normal mode .

In Booltloader mode you can use the "Fastboot flash unlock" or Fastboot OEM unlok command to unlock the bootloader
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to alen_gh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alen_gh Ad-Free
26th October 2019, 01:50 PM |#2  
Jeeerrrzy
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Will this work on Verizon Android 10 ? Thanx
17th November 2019, 04:52 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyez15o

Will this work on Verizon Android 10 ? Thanx

Worked for me.
18th November 2019, 01:07 AM |#4  
Jeeerrrzy
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelligerentGnome

Worked for me.

Really ? It worked for u on a Verizon locked bootloader ???
18th November 2019, 05:37 AM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyez15o

Really ? It worked for u on a Verizon locked bootloader ???

It did. I just got one off of Swappa, and the OEM Unlock option was greyed out. This fixed it. I'm running Lineage OS 16 now.
18th November 2019, 06:14 PM |#6  

More
Do you think will work on 2xl verizon?
19th November 2019, 03:24 PM |#7  
Flag Kula
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I just tried it out. Android 10, October update. It didn't work. There's nothing we can do at this point, I'm afraid.
19th November 2019, 10:09 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelligerentGnome

It did. I just got one off of Swappa, and the OEM Unlock option was greyed out. This fixed it. I'm running Lineage OS 16 now.

You didn't happen to take any screens during the process did you? No offense meant, but it's kind of strange that other than the OP, there's no one else confirming their success. Was it Android 10 with the October update?

Confirmed for myself, does not work. I have only taken the Android 10 update, no other updates since. OEM unlocking still disabled.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hazard15301 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hazard15301 Ad-Free
21st November 2019, 07:22 AM |#9  

More
Oh verizon, still no one else to hummer this? I will donate who can sure to unlock oem method, hahaha
23rd November 2019, 01:42 AM |#10  

More
Going into safe mode there's no way for me to delete the guest user...was hoping it'd work for me - Pixel3/Verizon/Android 10
25th November 2019, 04:15 AM |#11  

More
after doing this (unsuccessfully) my sim card is not being recognized?
This happen to anyone else?

jb
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)