FORUMS

NetHunter / Kali Linux on Pixel / sailfish Working

23 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By bruman2012, Junior Member on 8th October 2018, 10:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
In case anyone was wondering about this....

Took me a while but I finally got it set-up properly. Unfortunately my knowledge of Kali and network penetration tools is very limited so I don't really know what to do with it yet, but is cool to have up and running nonetheless.

I'm on the [ROM][OFFICIAL][8.1.0]FireHound-v4.8.1 For Google Pixel[Sailfish] Oreo Rom.
Installed NetHunter via Magisk.

Had to manually download
Code:
kalifs-armhf-full.tar.xz
instead of installing it from the app to get it to work.

Had to manually edit the sources.list file to download the metapackages.

All seems to work perfectly fine from what I can see -- besides the lack of monitor mode with the built in wireless card.

Should be able to use an external adapter to enable monitor mode (there is a Magisk module for this as well)-- but I have not tested this.

Here's a video:

link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qttN8Lxfo8

The built-in NetHunter VNC app I did not like at all (I could not even figure out how to move my cursor around the screen, and at its default resolution settings just displayed a blank screen), so I used VNC Viewer which worked great.

If anyone has any questions as to how to set it up feel free to ask. I'm not sure how much interest there is with this (couldn't find a single mention of someone getting it working on the device, only a couple of unanswered questions regarding it).

Still cool. Probably moreso if I ever figure out how to use it
The Following User Says Thank You to bruman2012 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bruman2012 Ad-Free
15th October 2018, 11:33 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Can't seem to actually SSH into it. Terminal not found... and the NH terminal app just launches into a root shell, even after running bootkali
27th October 2018, 04:52 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
WIth a lot of original pixels being retired, could some people comment on their results when flashing nethunter with later builds? I used to use nethunter on my nexus, and remember the OS version really mattered when flashing nethunter ontop of it. I do not know if that is still the case with the pixel, as it has been 2+ years since I have tired last on the old phone (which is sitting in a box right now).
5th November 2018, 07:38 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I have a few questions. Ok so you say you installed Nethunter through Magisk, after what did you do? Did you install Chroot through that tar file? I tried to install nethunter with instructions on the *any Android device* thread and now it says Chroot already installed. Every time i try to uninstall it will restart but never uninstall Chroot. I have nethunter and everything but Duckhunter is not working. I'm going to reset my phone and try. You say everything seems to be working is Duckhunter working? That's literally all I care about. Can you actually run a script? If anyone has any suggestions, or know any alternative duckyhunter apps let me know. Btw I'm on a Pixel xl idk how much that factors in getting this up and running.
13th March 2019, 01:12 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Got it on my Google Pixel 2XL
Hi all I am using the Google Pixel 2XL and it is rooted running the Stock ROM. I tried for a while to get Kali Nethunter on my device with no luck until I found this video (which is old, 2017) and made a little change. I downloaded the latest version of kaliNethunter.apk (which I have attached) and placed it in the folder: Nethunter/data/app.

So, once you follow the instructions in the video, right at 2:40 into the video you'll receive instructions to start installing apk files. The first will be the KaliNethunter apk. Instead of installing THE VERSION THAT CAME WITH THE ZIP FILE you need to replace it with the apk I provided here which is the latest version 2019.1. This will most likely save you a major headache as I wasn't able to get terminal to load kali Shell at all until I switched this out.

Hope I've helped!
Attached Files
File Type: apk nethunter.apk - [Click for QR Code] (4.38 MB, 494 views)
25th April 2019, 02:00 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Did you manage to get an external Wi-Fi adaptor working?
The Following User Says Thank You to ElijahEbanks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ElijahEbanks Ad-Free
6th July 2019, 10:15 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Nethunter Full Ported With External Wifi
I have successfully Ported the Nethunter with Pixel XL after so much hardworking.
Magisk actually never worked with external WiFi, it writes external wifi drivers at /etc/firmware . It will be never used or detected by Android System of Pixel XL. So the drivers must have to be in /sys/module and the External Wifi Detection must should be enabled at Kernel.
But one think I still haven't figured out why I have to install BusyBox in /sbin , /xbin, system/bin all of those directory to get it detected by Nethunter app. Without this modification, I unable to get Nethunter detected the BusyBox and network interfaces in the Nethunter App.
So after all I have Ported it on Google's latest Android public release of Android PIE July Version.
Everything works fine
Ported Nethunter
System info
External adapter support

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by HACK3DANDR0ID

I tried for months getting Nethunter to work on an A/B device! Congrats

I tried 4days & 2days learning about Kernel, and it worked, Now kali Nethunter fully supported on my A/B device, (Marlin/Sailfish):P
The Following User Says Thank You to evilairborn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift evilairborn Ad-Free
10th July 2019, 04:05 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilairborn

I have successfully Ported the Nethunter with Pixel XL after so much hardworking.
Magisk actually never worked with external WiFi, it writes external wifi drivers at /etc/firmware . It will be never used or detected by Android System of Pixel XL. So the drivers must have to be in /sys/module and the External Wifi Detection must should be enabled at Kernel.
But one think I still haven't figured out why I have to install BusyBox in /sbin , /xbin, system/bin all of those directory to get it detected by Nethunter app. Without this modification, I unable to get Nethunter detected the BusyBox and network interfaces in the Nethunter App.
So after all I have Ported it on Google's latest Android public release of Android PIE July Version.
Everything works fine

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

I tried 4days & 2days learning about Kernel, and it worked, Now kali Nethunter fully supported on my A/B device, (Marlin/Sailfish):P

Is it possible you could help me out with the 2XL?
10th July 2019, 04:08 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahEbanks

Is it possible you could help me out with the 2XL?

Maybe, because this both devices works in same way, you can contract me via social media. I may help you to build kernel on your own
The Following User Says Thank You to evilairborn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift evilairborn Ad-Free
10th July 2019, 04:14 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilairborn

Maybe, because this both devices works in same way, you can contract me via social media. I may help you to build kernel on your own

I will pm you now
The Following User Says Thank You to ElijahEbanks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ElijahEbanks Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
kali, magisk, nethunter, pixel, vnc

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)