FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Cellular strength and throughput

810 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,833

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 21st October 2016, 04:27 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
We know how much you like to stream, ahem, "videos", and so cellular data is mega-important. Rate this thread to express how you think the Google Pixel's LTE performs. A higher rating indicates that it's fantastic: throughput is excellent and signal strength is top-notch.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add.
22nd October 2016, 10:03 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I have been having awful 4g signal strength, throughput is fine, but suffers greatly when the signal drops out every 30-60 seconds. I might have a faulty device, not sure. Currently testing side by side with an identical device.

Edit: Pixel on Verizon, purchased through Google Store.
23rd October 2016, 12:50 AM |#3  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 248

Donate to Me
More
I give it much higher rating over my Nexus 5 as comparison.

For instance, in a regional "subway tunnel" with a roof opening to the air over it, I have more consistent signal. So far, the signal drops less than it used to in those dropout areas.

Data transmission is faster too. In general sites load well.

Sent from my sailfish using XDA Labs
23rd October 2016, 12:07 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
When sitting right next to my Galaxy S6, the signal strength of the Pixel seems to be consistently 1 bar lower than what the S6 is showing. I know that is relative terms, but in terms of absolutes, as it sits right this minute, the Pixel is fluctuating between -85 dbm and -117dbm, whereas the S6 is at a very solid -72-77dbm, when connected to a Verizon Microcell across the room (~20 ft) from me.

This shows that the Pixel indeed has lower signal strength.
24th October 2016, 06:13 AM |#5  
Flag Central US
Thanks Meter: 288

More
I average 80 - 160 Mbps on Verizon. Any slowness I have is directly related to the carriers business, aggregation, etc. and not the phone. Im totally happy with it.
24th October 2016, 05:05 PM |#6  
Flag Nashvegas
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I know they're not exactly related, but one of the main reasons I bought a pixel (besides just wanting one) is because my Nexus 6p seems to have horrendous cell and gps signal strength. How consistant is the signal? Does it disconnect from either and if it does, how frequent is it? I'm picking up my shiny new pixel phone today, and I guess I'll find out soon enough, I just wanted to see how your guys' experiences have been so far.
24th October 2016, 05:50 PM |#7  
Flag california
Thanks Meter: 0

More
same here!
25th October 2016, 01:15 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I noticed terrible service with the 6p as well, so far the pixel seems better. The GPS is much better as well.

Speed seems ok, havent noticed any real lag yet, I have had mine for about a week, somehow got mine a few days early (shipping error?)

Based on speedtest.net tests, WiFi appears to be much slower than the 6p, coming in at 17 Mbps where my 6p sitting in the same spot on the same network was at 26-30 Mbps
26th October 2016, 02:22 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Regular black Pixel 128GB ordered through the Google store. Signal strength at home isn't quite as good as my Moto X Pure. Not a big surprise, because if nothing else, Moto has the reception game down pat. Will have a better Idea tomorrow because I just received the phone today and have been nowhere else but home.

On a side note, this phone just feels a lot nicer than my X. It's all of the little things that add up to make it a very nice experience.
28th October 2016, 01:36 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I live in a poor signal area, and Telstra (Australia) LTE signal strength is higher than my Galaxy S6
29th October 2016, 02:06 PM |#11  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 798

More
I was a bit reluctant to get the pixel because my carrier didn't enable VoLTE and Wifi calling on it. I noticed that even though it goes down to 3G for phone calls, it goes back to LTE right after I hang up which it pretty bad ass!

Sent from my Pixel using XDA-Developers mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to mrnovanova For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrnovanova Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)