FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Community development strength

810 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,833

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 21st October 2016, 04:27 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
You're a power user. Can the Google Pixel keep up? Rate this thread to express how "healthy" the development scene is for the Google Pixel. A higher rating indicates available root methods, kernels, and custom ROMs.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
12th January 2017, 04:28 AM |#2  
Now that people have sort of figured out the goofy partitions of the Pixel, things are getting good. The PureNexus ROM is amazing, the few kernels we have are tremendous, and generally I'm content with it for the age of the device (and Nougat).
15th August 2017, 04:46 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Its a flagship of Android so it will be used as a standard for development in alot of cases. That alone is worth praise to its longevity. It will likely be supported for years to come.
22nd November 2018, 10:06 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I love
8th December 2018, 05:07 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
I wondered the same thing, I just bought a pixel on ebay. Official support is just about over so i'm wondering how things are on the unofficial development.
13th December 2018, 02:51 PM |#6  
Flag Örebro/Sweden
Thanks Meter: 1,151

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewraith420

I wondered the same thing, I just bought a pixel on ebay. Official support is just about over so i'm wondering how things are on the unofficial development.

Unofficial suport is still really good. We have a couple of roms such as LineageOS, Bootleggers, Pixel Dust, Benzo Rom, and some more but these are those posted on XDA and there are probably some outside. Much life left for this device! We still have security updates until October 2019 from Google. So after that we'll be relying on the custom development community for future security updates and future android versions. Since we have treble support there's no problem. Even if devs move away from this device we still could boot treble roms which there are plenty of.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arju For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Arju Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)