FORUMS

"Look" of the device (aesthetics)

809 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,027

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 21st October 2016, 03:27 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Is the Google Pixel as good-looking as you are (despite your receding hairline, adult-onset acne, and massive weight gain)? Rate this thread to express whether you think the Google Pixel is attractive. A higher rating indicates that you would even go as far to say that the Google Pixel is a beautiful phone.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
24th October 2016, 07:05 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Overall 4.5 stars, the white face of the phone looks a little yellowish to me. Although I love the blue back (despite the glass being an odd choice), the yellowish white front makes me wish I'd ordered a black version.

EDIT: And whoever was in charge of the notification LED should be fired. Just all-around terrible and a complete misstep considering the size of this Pixel's bottom bezel/chin, where it should've been placed instead of the tiny corner of the earhole speaker.
24th October 2016, 10:24 PM |#3  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dispatch

EDIT: And whoever was in charge of the notification LED should be fired. Just all-around terrible and a complete misstep considering the size of this Pixel's bottom bezel/chin, where it should've been placed instead of the tiny corner of the earhole speaker.

Yeah, I remember reading a review where the guy said there was no LED notification. But then I saw a video where a guy pointed it out.......and how f*cking small it is!!! My S6 LED will light up the room. The one on this phone looks wimpy. But i'll have mine in my hand tomorrow so maybe it won't be as bad as it looked on the video? (don't ruin my dreams, lol)

As far as looks are concerned, I don't care what a phone looks like. I'm just gonna throw a case on it anyway, lol. All I care about is the software and internal hardware. The outside of the phone means nothing to me. I would rock the world's ugliest phone if it had great hardware and software. I don't care if the phone is beautiful or ugly or looks like an iPhone. None of that matters to me. It's what's inside that counts :P
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to matrix0886 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift matrix0886 Ad-Free
26th October 2016, 04:01 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
:\ Meh
26th October 2016, 10:24 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
It is a bit too close to the iPhone. Basically can't tell the difference between the two if looking at the front (especially from a distance). That being said, I love the look of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pr.TOSHIBA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pr.TOSHIBA Ad-Free
27th October 2016, 08:05 PM |#6  

More
Parfait ou presque de loin le meilleur Google depuis mon Google One !
28th October 2016, 12:27 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Understated, but gorgeous. I thought it may be too boring at first, but it's really growing on me.
29th October 2016, 08:06 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 435

More
I think it is an ugly rip off of the iPhone. The iPhone being a very attractive design anyway, means the Pixel isn't doing too bad. The two tone back is gross. What idiot designed the back? The front is very attractive, but the glass doesn't round off as smoothly as the iPhone's does, or that on the S7 or honor 8.

The size is brilliant and I wish it were even smaller.

Sent from my Pixel using XDA-Developers mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dispatch

Overall 4.5 stars, the white face of the phone looks a little yellowish to me. Although I love the blue back (despite the glass being an odd choice), the yellowish white front makes me wish I'd ordered a black version.

I quite like the notification. I have to say, EVERYTHING I disliked on seeing online, has instantly grown on me. Just a solid total package device.

Sent from my Pixel using XDA-Developers mobile app
10th November 2016, 10:27 AM |#9  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Yeah Google Pixel design is innovative in today's smartphones, and the finish seems tougher than regular unibody design. But personally I feel weird to the design, it looks unfinished.
10th November 2016, 04:31 PM |#10  

More
undecided
I've read a few reviews on this phone now and it seems to have a lot of very cool features and the idea of getting preferential software updates is a bonus.......and the pictures look crisp and high quality.....but i'm not sure if its really going to be worth the money (^_^)
11th November 2016, 10:20 PM |#11  

More
I'm really wanting to get the Pixel...its one of the nicest Android phones out...the design is great in my opinion. just can't seem to get off my iPhone.
any note worthy accessories that come with this phone?
The Following User Says Thank You to blueghost003 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blueghost003 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)