FORUMS

Overall love

810 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,919

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 21st October 2016, 04:27 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Yes, yes, it's possible to love a phone. Heck, you sleep next to it, don't you? Rate this thread to indicate your love for the Google Pixel, all things considered. A higher rating indicates that the Google Pixel is an incredible phone that you enjoy tremendously. You love it.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
The Following User Says Thank You to XDA_RealLifeReview For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XDA_RealLifeReview Ad-Free
28th October 2016, 01:24 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Only had the phone 3 days, but it has the most cohesive feel of all the Android devices I've owned, not as featureless as my Nexus 7, not over the top like my older HTC/Samsung devices. Switched to Nova Launcher, then switched back to Pixel launcher because it felt a better fit.
29th October 2016, 09:32 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 435

More
I love it. But I'm having some buyer's remorse. I still give it an 8 out of 10. A 10 would have been better than my previous in most categories, even if marginally.

The Pixel is more expensive than my 6P. It's subjectively uglier than my gold finish all metal 6P. It has no front firing dual speakers. It's speakers aren't as good as the 6P's. It has no 64gb option as my 6P did. And I know people may slate me for this, the 6P had a better camera. By a big margin.

So why the high rating? Well, the Pixel feels better in the hand. This is primarily due to the size. The build seems more solid and more dense. The software feels more natural, although this is hard to quantify. The Pixel doesn't exhibit any throttling that my 6P did, which is a huge improvement. It just seems a more polished finish.

It has excellent EIS and I think the 6P should have been given this as it's just software magic, AFAIK. But it is what it is.

No nightmares in the battery department. Quite stable in fact. My 6P was starting to drain quicker than I liked.

Did I say it's the only viable smaller handset with top end hardware? I find it so liberating to be using a smaller powerhouse again.

Most of all, it's just very reliable and dependable.

Sent from my Pixel using XDA-Developers mobile app
2nd November 2016, 08:33 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
I actually very much love this phone, I was expecting a lot to be hype, yet battery is good, cameras awesome see attached pics, and overall it's probably the best phone I owned in awhile, I was using an iPhone 5s, missed mu Android,. Operating system is fast and responsive and split screen multitasking is great especially with YouTube and chrome open
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161101_182255.jpg
Views:	1592
Size:	255.4 KB
ID:	3924172   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161101_144546.jpg
Views:	1634
Size:	283.4 KB
ID:	3924173  
4th November 2016, 03:51 PM |#5  
Flag Minneapolis, MN
Thanks Meter: 62

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by subhani

I love it. But I'm having some buyer's remorse. I still give it an 8 out of 10. A 10 would have been better than my previous in most categories, even if marginally.

The Pixel is more expensive than my 6P. It's subjectively uglier than my gold finish all metal 6P. It has no front firing dual speakers. It's speakers aren't as good as the 6P's. It has no 64gb option as my 6P did. And I know people may slate me for this, the 6P had a better camera. By a big margin.

So why the high rating? Well, the Pixel feels better in the hand. This is primarily due to the size. The build seems more solid and more dense. The software feels more natural, although this is hard to quantify. The Pixel doesn't exhibit any throttling that my 6P did, which is a huge improvement. It just seems a more polished finish.

It has excellent EIS and I think the 6P should have been given this as it's just software magic, AFAIK. But it is what it is.

No nightmares in the battery department. Quite stable in fact. My 6P was starting to drain quicker than I liked.

Did I say it's the only viable smaller handset with top end hardware? I find it so liberating to be using a smaller powerhouse again.

Most of all, it's just very reliable and dependable.

Sent from my Pixel using XDA-Developers mobile app

Im sorry but the 6P does not have a better camera. Coming from a 6P as well i agree with some of your viewpoints but the camera isn't a valid arguement. While the 6P camera is good its not at the level of the pixel.
The Following User Says Thank You to ej_424 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ej_424 Ad-Free
2nd December 2016, 04:06 AM |#6  
Flag Altoona
Thanks Meter: 42

More
I've used android phones, I've used iPhones. If this is what Google has to offer with its first Pixel phone I'm excited for Pixel 2 already. The camera rocks, love the quality of photos, the UI is intuitive and fast. Opening apps feels instant for me at least no delay. Have yet to see the device slow down. Almost elliminates the need to shy away from stock one can be hopeful that Verizon doesn't end up blocking depixel8 otherwise I may end up unlocking the bootloader if I see they do.
5th December 2016, 09:37 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I use an Android and iPhone handset concurrently for work-related reasons. The Pixel is great, and compares very favorably with the iPhone.

Battery: I used to run all intensive apps like Waze and streaming audio through the iPhone, now I don't fear running them on the Android.
App switching: You know when you're chatting with someone and you look something up to further your discussion along? The Overview button double-tap for switching back and forth is so great.
Fingerprint reader: Is faster than the iPhone 6.

You can probably get a nearly identical experience with a Xiaomi or Oneplus phone without spending $650+. I remember even seeing one of the new Xiaomi flagships featuring the same camera sensor. But I hoped that the Pixel being was it is, it'll be a more bug-free experience.
The Following User Says Thank You to ozmotion For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ozmotion Ad-Free
6th December 2016, 04:56 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 606

More
I bought this phone expecting to not like it and sell it in a few weeks. It doesn't have an sd card slot or a removable battery. That's a pretty big deal to me. But I got the 128gb and started allowing Google to back up my pics. I can go 16 hours on the battery with 4 hours SOT. That's exponentially better than my MXP or pretty much any other phone I've used. I have grandfathered unlimited on Verizon so my choices are slim if I want root. Everything about this phone works very well. It's super quick and feels good in the hand. Overall, I'm extremely pleased with it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joshw0000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joshw0000 Ad-Free
12th January 2017, 04:23 AM |#9  
I adore this phone. By far my favorite phone I've owned (S3, EVO 4G, EVO 4G LTE, HTC M8, Galaxy Note 5, Samsung Fireball, LG V20, LG V10). The experience has been unparalleled for me.
31st January 2017, 01:07 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 90

More
It's a great phone, but not worth the price tag that comes with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Digital DJ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Digital DJ Ad-Free
3rd February 2017, 03:22 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I would consider this to be the "photographer's phone." It has a great camera and amazing EIS. As well as unlimited original photo hosting on Google Photos.

Did I mention it has UNLIMITED, ORIGINAL photo hosting on Google Photos?

Don't get me wrong, there could be better cameras out there, but you just can't beat that perk of having a Pixel.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)