FORUMS

Google Camera Mod - Portrait mode enabled and working!

29 posts
Thanks Meter: 27

By adrimg01, Junior Member on 1st January 2018, 09:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Original post by Charles_I: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3477980

https://chromloop.com/2017/12/apk-en...le-camera-mod/

Camera NX V7.3 is a Google Camera mod, which is modified to unlock most of the exclusive features of Pixel 2 for Nexus 2015 and original Pixel phones. with this updated version, you can get the Portrait mode working with Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P and Pixel 2016 phones, which was the last Pixel 2’s exclusive feature.

Portrait mode was the most wanted feature for Nexus and Pixel 2016 users. I have considered that Portrait mode is a hardware limiting feature, it requires a special type of image data called PD (Pixel detector?) to enable Portrait mode, but some said Portrait mode can be active with front camera, I began to thinking that this feature should be able to work in software way which we can force to enable it on other phones. Turns out, Google uses PD data to calculate portrait effect on the Back lens while use software method on the Front lens.

We need the camera.experiment2017 library to active the Pixel 2 exclusive functions. thanks to the*Apk changer, the first tool which can deodex the Android 8.1 odex files. I force to enable the PD data model in the camera.experiment2017 library, which is telling camera app to enable Portrait mode. Portrait mode will replace the Lens-blur mode in the menu, it provides the face-retouching feature on both front and back camera, and it needs a human face to do the portrait effect job, it will take two burst photos, one is normal ZSL HDR+ photos, the other is applied the portrait effect. if no human face shows up, you will get one normal photo.

https://chromloop.com/wp-content/upl...era-NX-mod.png

Camera NX V7.3 is based on Google Camera 5.1.016, why not the latest 5.1.018 version? because they are the same app with different version numbers. I decide to disable the Google photos combination, as it has the black screen issue, though this issue can be solved by totally replace the original Google camera in the system, it needs the same signature and provider name. I also remove the Help and Feedback in settings, and disable the silence feedback service, to make the app launching a little faster.

The new version was tested on my Nexus 5X, should work on Nexus 6P and Pixel 2016 phones too. I will also provide the modified AR Sticker and AR Core app for Nexus 5X/6P, you can use it without change phone model or add files to the system, you can use other AR sticker mod if you like. I was thinking AR Core is still in beta status, bugs like upside down photo on Nexus 5X, too many things need to be fixed in the future, so no need to make it perfect at this moment.

Download link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BH...E1zdOoxyv1HV-o

NOZSL version will come later.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to adrimg01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adrimg01 Ad-Free
1st January 2018, 11:08 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Parse error for me, perhaps need to be on Oreo?
1st January 2018, 11:52 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidspider

Parse error for me, perhaps need to be on Oreo?

Maybe.. I don't know, but it should work on +7.1. Here working perfect on stock Oreo

Edit: It works only on Oreo
1st January 2018, 11:59 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 132

More
It may convince me to finally make the jump from 7.1.1, does this eliminate the need for phone tilting for background blur now?
1st January 2018, 12:46 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidspider

It may convince me to finally make the jump from 7.1.1, does this eliminate the need for phone tilting for background blur now?

Yes it does.
It works exactly like the Pixel 2 camera. Just select Portrait mode and shoot. It also works like a charm with the front camera.
2nd January 2018, 11:54 AM |#6  
Flag Oporto
Thanks Meter: 12

More
very good results! I am impressed! Thanks for sharing.
2nd January 2018, 02:05 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 535

More
I was able to overcome parsing error by using APK editor Pro and changing the SDK version back to 25.

App installs, but hangs every time I launch.

Help would be great

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
2nd January 2018, 03:29 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetFace

I was able to overcome parsing error by using APK editor Pro and changing the SDK version back to 25.

App installs, but hangs every time I launch.

Help would be great

Upgrade to Oreo?
2nd January 2018, 11:35 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 535

More
Looking into it.

2nd January 2018, 11:45 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Works for me just with the frond cam. With my rear cam I only have one pic.
3rd January 2018, 03:17 AM |#11  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 434

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusak2

Works for me just with the frond cam. With my rear cam I only have one pic.

Has to have a human face in the picture.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 911jason For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 911jason Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)