FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Magisk Modules Disabler for booting into Magisk core-only Mode

6,503 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,640

By Tulsadiver, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Contributor on 9th October 2019, 12:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Here is a fastboot bootable image to boot you into Magisk core-only mode in case you bootloop due to flashing a bad module and TWRP is not enough.

Once in fastboot:

fastboot boot image-newpixel.img

You will boot with root but modules disabled. If something additional is needed, once booted to core-only, unzip the attached zip onto your pc where you can run ADB/fastboot and run the bat file. It will push .disable_magisk to your cache folder so that your modules will be disabled even after a reboot (zip says crosshatch but will work on any phone)

Boot image uploaded 11-4-19
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...26312261618438
Attached Files
File Type: zip crosshatch-disabler.zip - [Click for QR Code] (478 Bytes, 12 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tulsadiver For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tulsadiver Ad-Free
23rd October 2019, 01:12 AM |#2  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1,634

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulsadiver

Here is a fastboot bootable image to boot you into Magisk core-only mode in case you bootloop due to flashing a bad module and TWRP is not enough.

Once in fastboot:

fastboot boot image-newpixel.img

You will boot with root but modules disabled. If something additional is needed, once booted to core-only, unzip the attached zip onto your pc where you can run ADB/fastboot and run the bat file. It will push .disable_magisk to your cache folder so that your modules will be disabled even after a reboot (zip says crosshatch but will work on any phone)

Boot image uploaded 10-12-19
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...86940962606456

@Tulsadiver, thanks for this module. I hope I don't have to use it. But if I do, it will sure make things easier.
By the way, the linked file is correct and is labled for Taimen (Pixel 2 XL). However the downloadable zip file below the link is for Crosshatch P3? Just Fyi.
Thanks,

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
23rd October 2019, 01:24 AM |#3  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,640

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alxoom33

@Tulsadiver, thanks for this module. I hope I don't have to use it. But if I do, it will sure make things easier.
By the way, the linked file is correct and is labled for Taimen (Pixel 2 XL). However the downloadable zip file below the link is for Crosshatch P3? Just Fyi.
Thanks,

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Read op, says it'll work on any phone...
The Following User Says Thank You to Tulsadiver For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tulsadiver Ad-Free
23rd October 2019, 04:53 AM |#4  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1,634

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulsadiver

Read op, says it'll work on any phone...

Thanks, I didn't catch that parenthetical.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)