FORUMS

[MOD] Always On Display Enabler - Magisk Module

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By GuestK00254, Guest on 21st October 2018, 11:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello there.
This is a magisk module that will enable Always on Display. This is confirmed to work on Android Pie on the Google Pixel (XL), however it will probably work for most devices.

The way this works is explained here. As you can see, it's super simple!
This also requires Magisk 17.0+.

DOWNLOAD

To use it, simply flash it in Magisk Manager, then reboot. AOD will then automatically be enabled, and you can toggle it on or off in Display settings.

Happy Always on Displaying!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GuestK00254 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GuestK00254 Ad-Free
22nd October 2018, 10:04 PM |#2  
Flag Ogden Utah
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
Glad to finally see this feature, but I do have one concern. I noticed that it does not turn off when the light sensor is covered, could this cause screen burn in?
GuestK00254
22nd October 2018, 10:29 PM |#3  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumaech

Glad to finally see this feature, but I do have one concern. I noticed that it does not turn off when the light sensor is covered, could this cause screen burn in?

I believe the sensor needs to be covered for 10 seconds for it to turn off, if I remember correctly. No, this won't cause burn in, if you record th screen and speed it up, you'll see that the clock moves very slowly
22nd October 2018, 11:01 PM |#4  
Flag Ogden Utah
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shagbag913

I believe the sensor needs to be covered for 10 seconds for it to turn off, if I remember correctly. No, this won't cause burn in, if you record th screen and speed it up, you'll see that the clock moves very slowly

Thanks, after playing with it for a while I just discover that it takes 10 seconds. Again, thanks for the feature.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sumaech For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sumaech Ad-Free
23rd October 2018, 03:26 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Does this bork the sRGB color calibration when turned on? I was the one who created the magisk module in the other thread and it somehow broke my sRGB option.
GuestK00254
23rd October 2018, 04:45 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by legendarren

Does this bork the sRGB color calibration when turned on? I was the one who created the magisk module in the other thread and it somehow broke my sRGB option.

It shouldn't bork it. Didn't even know someone else made a magisk module lol, can you link it?

EDIT: nvm, I found it. Yeah srgb should work with this one.
23rd October 2018, 04:54 AM |#7  

More
See attached. The files here are from the Pixel 3 (Non-XL) which someone on Telegram told me, is almost the same as in the Pixel 2 XL. Do note that I didn't just include the framework-res__auto_generated_rro APK but the whole /system/vendor/overlay folder. Because I think it includes some other animations like the one when using the Pixel 3 Live Wallpapers.

I would also want to know if by using your module, will AoD be able to follow the ambient sensor? Because mine seems like it always is in full brightness even when I try to cover the sensor.

Quote:

It shouldn't bork it. Didn't even know someone else made a magisk module lol, can you link it?

EDIT: nvm, I found it. Yeah srgb should work with this one.

Okay, I'll try this one out again. Can you check my inquiry above?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Magisk_OGPixelAODEnabler.zip - [Click for QR Code] (76.3 KB, 306 views)
GuestK00254
23rd October 2018, 05:04 AM |#8  

More
Quote:

See attached. The files here are from the Pixel 3 (Non-XL) which someone on Telegram told me, is almost the same as in the Pixel 2 XL. Do note that I didn't just include the framework-res__auto_generated_rro APK but the whole /system/vendor/overlay folder. Because I think it includes some other animations like the one when using the Pixel 3 Live Wallpapers.

I would also want to know if by using your module, will AoD be able to follow the ambient sensor? Because mine seems like it always is in full brightness even when I try to cover the sensor.

All mine does is enable the string that enables AOD. Yours does a LOT of other stuff, which could be bad (not 100% sure, I haven't look through your overlay very closely.). The only thing that needs to be set to true is config_dozeAlwaysOnDisplayAvailable, after setting that everything else is handled (the ambient sensor will turn off the display after 10 seconds, pixel 3 wallpapers work, etc)
23rd October 2018, 05:06 AM |#9  

More
Quote:

All mine does is enable the string that enables AOD. Yours does a LOT of other stuff, which could be bad (not 100% sure, I haven't look through your overlay very closely.). The only thing that needs to be set to true is config_dozeAlwaysOnDisplayAvailable, after setting that everything else is handled (the ambient sensor will turn off the display after 10 seconds, pixel 3 wallpapers work, etc)

Oh I see, so this does not include overriding the overlay of the system? Hmmm. So it's much like just flipping a switch then?
GuestK00254
23rd October 2018, 05:11 AM |#10  

More
Quote:

Oh I see, so this does not include overriding the overlay of the system? Hmmm. So it's much like just flipping a switch then?

This does override the overlay of the system. I would recommend decompiling it and taking a look for yourself, because I suck at explaining things lol.

BTW: I took a further look at your magisk module, and it sets some stuff that is very much not good. Take a look in res/xml/power_profile.xml after decompiling the overlay, it is setting cpu related stuff that should only be set on the Pixel 3
23rd October 2018, 05:19 AM |#11  

More
Quote:

This does override the overlay of the system. I would recommend decompiling it and taking a look for yourself, because I suck at explaining things lol.

BTW: I took a further look at your magisk module, and it sets some stuff that is very much not good. Take a look in res/xml/power_profile.xml after decompiling the overlay, it is setting cpu related stuff that should only be set on the Pixel 3

Ah I see. Like I said, I just tried to port the whole overlay folder to my OG XL. Good to hear your input.
The Following User Says Thank You to legendarren For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift legendarren Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)