Why is it called NoGravity kernel?
Hey, NoGravity Kernel dev coming from the good old OnePlus 2 here! I'm a graduating student in computer science and I actually work as a programmer. I made a pretty solid kernel for that old Oneplus device and even added Energy Aware Scheduling (EAS) support to it backporting new features like Dynamic Schedtune Boosting to this old 3.10 kernel. With it being pretty much at its apogee, I need a new challenge on a newer kernel (4.9+) while keeping NGK's mindset of Performance/smoothness while getting decent battery life due to added battery oriented features.
For those who want a to know more about my work here is the link to NoGravity Kernel for OnePlus 2.
The Kernel will boot using stock (Pocophone F1) CPU & GPU frequencies that correspond to the Balance Profile. Overclocked frequencies can be selected in any kernel manager app. Other profiles for battery, performance and gaming can be switched to in my app.
No Gravity App
To tweak the kernel easily, here's my No Gravity app! featuring custom profiles (Battery, Balanced, Performance and Gaming). My app offers some features that cant be found in other kernel tweaking apps. You can find them lower in the thread.)
- No Gravity app! support
- Rebased to full Q CAF (LOS Staging)
- The two CPUs (Silver and Gold) can be configured completely separate in terms of min/max frequencies and governors
- GPU Overclocked to 835 MHz (GPU overclock/underclock is possible)
- GPU Underclocked to 180 MHz on idle
- Using Evaluation Thermals (For now..)
- NAP power saving state for Adreno 630 GPU
- Dynamic Stune Boost
- Devfreq boost and Cpu Boosting drivers
- Disabled ZRAM
- Faster Applications Opening speed
- Slimbus Overclock
- Added Fingerprint boost
- Added WakeBoost module
- Added and Using ZEN I/O Scheduler as default for app opening speed && overall Smoothness
- Added Maple, SIO I/O Scheduler
- Westwood(Default) & BBR TCP Algorithms
- Sound Control support
- Charging throttling removed
- Maximum charge rate over USB 3.0
- WireGuard Support
- KCAL Support
- K-Lapse 5.0 Support
- Blocked wakelock (Boeffla & more)
- Fingerprint improvements
- Caches optimisations
- Compilation optimisations
- F2FS Support with GC
- Novatek touch firmware from 10.3.7.0
- Always upstreamed to latest! (4.9.206)
- And many more under the hood changes...
NoGravity app Features
- Balance(Default),Performance,Battery & Gaming Profiles (QSTile available)
- Precise CPU temperature for both Clusters separately
- More will be added...
- More features...
- Let me know what you want and those may be added!
This kernel should work on any ROM!
EDIT: May have some issues since CAF rebase on MIUI Roms please send logs if you face issues.
- I recommend before coming to conclusion, give it at least 2 complete charge cycles and then raise any issue.
- Any variant of Kernel Adiutor may cause device to reboot.. I recommend to use my app, franco app or EX Kernel Manager instead
- CPUs since Snapdragon 845 can't be overclocked from kernel this is why it is removed
- Flash No_Gravity_Kernel-vX.X.zip file in TWRP (Latest TWRP Recovery Recommanded)
- (Optional) - Clear cache and Dalvik => if you do so, charge atleast once overnight to let ART Optimisations do its job as this happens only when phone is ilding at 100% battery.
No Gravity App
I do not own the device for now..
As I put a lot of time and effort into android projects (kernels and app),
wmbruckner and undead(Oneplus 2 users now on Poco) have created a crowdfunding
for the ones who want to help me get the device in post#4:
or directly via paypal :
post#2 for released builds changelog.
See screenshots section at the bottom of the thread!
-The android community and to all my testers for using my kernel and your precious feedbacks and ideas!.
-thanasxda for his experience/knowledge on the Pocophone
- @_undead & @Wmbruckner for the
-Followings for their donations!
Status: Second release
Current Version: 1.1
Last Updated: 10-12-2019