FORUMS

[kernel][9.0/10.0] malakas kernel

532 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,237

By thanas, Senior Member on 9th March 2019, 06:02 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
DISCLAIMER
Code:
* Your warranty is now void. * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, dead dogs, or cats, * but I'm very interested in thermonuclear war, so if you point the finger * at me for messing up your device just because of this kernel, * I will send you to mars on a nuclear rocket. Act accordingly. * I know this paragraph is conspiracy-related, * so don't ask about it. Welcome...
ABOUT
The Malakas Kernel or MLX, is a balance between speed & efficiency with all latest patches optimized to take full advantage of your device.
It is made off Lineage source to ensure optimal working state. The MLX kernel is one of the most patched kernels adapting work from famous developers like Sultan for example.
Work on this kernel is very serious and will continue to improve even further.
Works on both MIUI and custom roms.

PREREQUISITES
1. Unlocked bootloader.
2. Working TWRP/Recovery.
(CLEAN FLASH IF YOU HAVE ISSUES)

FEATURES
  • Toolchain used GCC 10 snapshots
  • Upstreamed from android-linux-stable/msm-4.9 (+ f2fs-stable + android-4.9-q)
  • Merged latest LineageOS 17.0 updates
  • Merged latest Q CAF tag (+ other CAF cherry picks)
  • Touchscreen drivers always updated to the latest versions
  • Touch/Input lag reduction and increased touch smoothness
  • Dt2w/Dt2s
  • Fast charging
  • USB Fast charge control
  • Kcal Display color control
  • Sound control
  • Fsync control
  • Swap
  • Support added for F2FS, NTFS, VFAT, EXFAT
  • MAC address randomization
  • 300 Hz scheduler tick
  • GPU 180-710Mhz / optional GPU OC manually 180-820Mhz (preconfigured in MLX tweak)
  • Non Display OC / Display OC TIANMA panels 69hz - EBBG & JDI panels 65hz
  • Many more patches and improvements, check commits
    • TCP Congestion Algorithms :-
      Code:
      westwood, reno,  bbr
    • CPU Governors :-
      Code:
      performance, schedutil
    • GPU Governors :-
      Code:
      compute, mem_latency, bw_hwon, msm-vidc-llc, msm-vidc-ddr, gpubw_mon, bw_vbif, msm-adreno-tz, cpufreq, userspace, powersave, performance, simple_ondemand
    • I/O Schedulers :-
      Code:
      noop, cfq

VERSION INFO
Make sure your display supports Display OC. If not, the touch panel will keep freezing as a result. In that case download the stock version.
  • MLX Display OC (69-65hz)
  • MLX Stock (No display OC)
    NOTICE: Latest download can be found in download folder.

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Have a clean setup. (rom, boot.img & vendor)
2. Install magisk & reboot to rom.
3. Reboot to recovery (clean) flash the kernel & DON'T wipe dalvik/cache. (wiping cache will give bugs in MIUI and most likely give you the app open delay bug)
4. Power on the device and boot to android.
These steps only need to be repeated if you update your setup.

SOURCE CODE
DOWNLOADS
Below...
Android File Host Repo
❯❯DOWNLOAD HERE

MLX CONTRIBUTION/TESTING GROUP
kos4all, Zeggi, raptorskate, Edikuun, marcValdez, vincenzo697, Mrdream94, Javadn, gomorin, cediedc, ytgbg, Moody Abed, droidjunky90, BenParz, anthraxisabeast, jawzf, MeHigh.G, God of Hell

SUPPORT
This is my personal project and am working alone on this, if you appreciate my work you can help by getting me a beer.

Thanks for your donations! :
A Na**ry
2x Juan Manuel Sanz Vi***te @Olystem
Sotirios Gkolf***poulos @sotosgolf
4x Kostandinos Vasil**dis @vincenzo697
Andrea Ri****to @Mrdream94
Marcos Sfair Ma***ni @sfairmm
Mathias Wic**ann @mathiasw

PM me your XDA so i can add it right here.

Make sure to hit the Thanks button if you appreciate this!
The Following 165 Users Say Thank You to thanas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thanas Ad-Free
9th March 2019, 06:03 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Thessaloniki

More
CREDITS
  • @Wirmpolter for helping me recover my lost work.
  • @chankruze for the graphic design.
  • All the kernel maintainers and everyone i have cherrypicked from.

People & testers that have contributed to this kernel in different ways:
GreekDragon, chankruze, $hivaM Manav, oziboy, kos4all, Olystem, marcValdez, Zeggi, Edikuun, MeHigh.G, God of Hell

Anyone else needing to be on this list PM me.

TIPS
  • Unofficial OrangeFox 10 recovery running MLX kernel here (Enjoy running OrangeFox 10+ recovery itself running the latest Malakas kernel)
The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to thanas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thanas Ad-Free
9th March 2019, 06:03 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Thessaloniki

More
Frequently Asked Questions

How do i know if my display supports overclocking? And why 69-65hz?
You can't know. The only way to find out is to try. If it doesn't work your touchpanel will freeze after recovering from standby while the LCD will keep working normally.
Tianma (with nvt) turned out to be the best overclockable panel and 69hz worked for a considerable amount of people 40%+ including myself, as opposed to 70hz for nearly nobody.
The lesser overclockable panels according to the poll were EBBG & JDI use 65hz for overclocking on the same kernel. Thus 69-65hz are the values used for the MLX OC variant.

How can i tell which screen brand i have?
Download Device Info HW give it root access by accessing settings upper right corner of screen.
Device Info HW>General>
  • >LCM (lcd brand)
  • >Touchscreen (touchpanel brand)
Why does my display freeze after flashing MLX OC?
Your panel probably can't handle the minor display overclocking unfortunately, use MLX stock.
Remember that display OC doesn't immediately get activated after booting up the device, it does so after the first time recovering from standby/switching off/on screen.
However there is a universal bug with xiaomi which only is in FTS-ts touchpanels which causes random freezes, read more about it here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/poc...eezes-t3912069. In very rare cases there can be a freeze the first time directly after installing and booting and never happen after again, this can happen with any kernel.

What is the best way to use this kernel?
After lot of research and experimenting, the kernel has more or less reached a very well balanced preconfiguration. (which might minimally vary in different releases)
The best way to enjoy this kernel and take the most out of it is just to flash and forget. It is squeezing most performance out of the kernel for the least amount of toll on the battery.
Make sure you have no conflicting apps/modules/settings to make sure you are using this kernel as it ought to be used. This applies to everything from performance mods up to battery optimizations.

Why does MIUI show "kernel version unavailable"?
Its a known yet insignificant bug present in some versions of MIUI, it doesn't matter for functioning of the kernel.

Why does entering recovery and rebooting to android after mess up my battery percentage levels?
This is a bug with some versions of recovery as entry to recovery in some rare cases can mess up the battery stats.
Flash the latest OrangeFox recovery and the problem must be solved.
The recovery above is an unofficially modded version of the latest OrangeFox 10 which is running MLX kernel itself.

I have tried all the steps mentioned and it still didn't work, why?
Sometimes what is called dirty flashing can lead to issues from setup to setup. Try restoring your rom/boot image and reflash the kernel after.
Clean flashing should be the last resort for fixing issues if all else didn't. Also make sure you have nothing else conflicting within your setup.
The most failsafe approach is to open the flashable zip, delete the /ramdisk /patch and /tweak folder and after cleanflash.

What is the most correct way to flash this kernel to avoid trouble?
Don't flash your rom, then immediately after flash magisk and thereafter the kernel this oftentimes leads to non-boot.
1. Have a clean setup. (rom, boot.img & vendor)
2. Install magisk & reboot to rom.
3. Reboot to recovery (clean) flash the kernel & DON'T wipe dalvik/cache. (wiping cache will give bugs in MIUI and most likely give you the app open delay bug)
4. Power on the device and boot to android.

These steps only need to be repeated if you update your setup.
The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to thanas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thanas Ad-Free
9th March 2019, 06:07 PM |#4  
Flag Tel Aviv
Thanks Meter: 313

More
Lol whos the malakas that made this
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mooatreides For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mooatreides Ad-Free
9th March 2019, 06:33 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Was lucky to test this. All I can say gamers, none gamers and users looking for good battery, have a try
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pallefar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pallefar Ad-Free
9th March 2019, 08:07 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Kernel working fine with Havoc Rom...thank you
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elkatronix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift elkatronix Ad-Free
9th March 2019, 09:44 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1,761

More
@thanas why performance mode and not turbo?
The Following User Says Thank You to D1stRU3T0R For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift D1stRU3T0R Ad-Free
9th March 2019, 11:49 PM |#8  
Flag Zonhoven
Thanks Meter: 45

Donate to Me
More
Does what it says!

It's a snappy kernel on LOS16, I've been getting a better geekbench score than usual
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oziboy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oziboy Ad-Free
10th March 2019, 12:00 AM |#9  
Flag Santa Maria, Ilocos Sur
Thanks Meter: 282

More
Hmm.. sounds like a powerful one.. wow.. going to try this one.. thanks..
Are you perhaps a Filipino ?? Ehehee.. thanks btw...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to santiagoruel13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift santiagoruel13 Ad-Free
10th March 2019, 12:13 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Another malakas here greek mate... Lets try it hahaha....
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to emmanuelo7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift emmanuelo7 Ad-Free
10th March 2019, 04:25 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
how to unthermal? tnx
The Following User Says Thank You to tehrzky For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tehrzky Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
beryllium, kernel, malakas, mlx, poco
Previous Thread Next Thread