FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][8.1.0]Android Open Source Illusion Project [OFFICIAL] [beryllium]

611 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,897

By Shreesha.Murthy, Recognized Developer/Contributor on 25th September 2018, 04:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
AOSIP

Code:
**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****
Android Open Source illusion Project

About us:

AOSIP is a quality custom rom based purely on GOOGLE AOSP source since 6.0 release. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.

Team Illusion:

Josh Fox (xlxfoxxlx)
Akhil Narang
Shreesha Murthy
Brett Montague
Sri Harsha

Source code:

What's working:

Boots
RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
Fingerprint
Wi-Fi
Bluetooth
Camera
Camcorder
Video Playback
Audio
Sensors
Flash
LED
GPS
VoLTE

Known issues:
IR camera

Instructions:
Download the latest build and GApps
Reboot to recovery
Flash the latest build and GApps (adb sideload if you are encrypted or use external sdcard)
Reboot

Latest Downloads:

TWRP recovery (Thanks to @TheStrix) <-- click here
DOWNLOADS <-- click here
Open GApps <-- click here

Credit/Thanks:

Mike Williams(founder and creator of AOSiP)
Google
Dirty Unicorns
AICP
ABC Rom
Screwd
Omni
Krexus
Cyanogenmod
SlimRoms
ChainFire (SuperSU)
Beanstown106
Cory Collins
Sultanxda
flar2
francisofranco
---------
Any others i may have forgotten(sorry, pls pm me)
All our testers

Official Groups/Channels:

XDA:DevDB Information
AOSiP, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco F1

Contributors
Shreesha.Murthy
Source Code: https://github.com/AOSiP

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2018-09-25
Last Updated 2018-09-26
The Following 66 Users Say Thank You to Shreesha.Murthy For This Useful Post: [ View ]

25th September 2018, 04:22 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer/Contributor
Flag 127.1.1.0

More
Reserved
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Changelogs

Build dated 20180925 :
- Initial build
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Shreesha.Murthy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th September 2018, 04:24 PM |#3  
OP Recognized Developer/Contributor
Flag 127.1.1.0

More
Screenshots

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Shreesha.Murthy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th September 2018, 07:45 PM |#4  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 179

More
Can anyone let know if Gcam from Arnova v8.2 (GoogleCamera-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V8.2.apk) works with this ROM? I am specifically interested to know if HDR+ is able to click photos with JPEG at 100% and HDR quality as Super High.
25th September 2018, 08:24 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Just flashed. Volte works. Signal strength is shown lower than stock. No force closes, magisk 17.1 works, so does adaway and bromide. Camera quality is poor compared to stock. But overall nearly a daily driver (except the camera). Also, I think the auto brightness was not working and scrolling is not as smooth.
25th September 2018, 09:41 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit864

Just flashed. Volte works. Signal strength is shown lower than stock. No force closes, magisk 17.1 works, so does adaway and bromide. Camera quality is poor compared to stock. But overall nearly a daily driver (except the camera). Also, I think the auto brightness was not working and scrolling is not as smooth.

What's bromide dude?
25th September 2018, 10:54 PM |#7  
Flag West Midlands
Thanks Meter: 163

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit864

Change the input boost settings to Improve scrolling
26th September 2018, 04:40 AM |#8  
Flag Tokyo
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Do we have to use the provided twrp? Because that's the only thing I'm not following in this thread and I'm constantly getting bootloops
26th September 2018, 04:54 AM |#9  
Flag Gandhinagar
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingXBlade

Do we have to use the provided twrp? Because that's the only thing I'm not following in this thread and I'm constantly getting bootloops

Yes
Why do you think they bothered to give you another twrp if there is one already working
26th September 2018, 05:02 AM |#10  
Flag Tokyo
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejjoshii

Yes
Why do you think they bothered to give you another twrp if there is one already working

Just tried using the provided twrp but it didn't work, it still bootlooped on me. One long boot animation followed by short boot ups.

Edit: after formatting the phone via format data option, rom seems to boot, I think that is the issue
26th September 2018, 06:26 AM |#11  
Forum Moderator
Flag Probably marking work or drinking beer...Maybe both
Thanks Meter: 6,610

Donate to Me
More
Thread cleaned.

To say 'thanks' hit the thanks button. There is no need for so much +1 thanks guff posts.

Greg
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gregbradley For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gregbradley Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)