FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Can't flash latest stable 10.0.4.0

87 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By Manthan Gohil, Member on 1st November 2018, 07:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have unlocked bootloader with TWRP 3.2.3 (the working decryption one). I was on latest global beta 8.10.30 before flashing the global stable release. but now on boot up it asks for password. What should i do?
1st November 2018, 07:33 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Format your data using twrp then flash same happened with me , xiomi doesn't allow to rollback to previous version
1st November 2018, 08:09 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Latest stable 10.0.4.0 based on Oreo.
Beta 8.10.30 based on Pie.

IMHO Pocophone has no rollback protection.
1st November 2018, 10:11 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Try restoring via MI flash tool. It did worked for me but as u know it will lock the bootloader and erase everything to factory! But eventually you will end up the stable version!
2nd November 2018, 08:15 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Vadodara
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drooes

Try restoring via MI flash tool. It did worked for me but as u know it will lock the bootloader and erase everything to factory! But eventually you will end up the stable version!

So no other way except formatting internal? Also miflash has option of keep data, will it keep my bootloader unlocked? And the latest stable Oreo fastboot ROM hasn't come out yet right?
3rd November 2018, 07:22 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manthan Gohil

So no other way except formatting internal? Also miflash has option of keep data, will it keep my bootloader unlocked? And the latest stable Oreo fastboot ROM hasn't come out yet right?

You can give it a try for keeping the internal data but i hardly think that will work.

Yeah the fastboot for MIUI 10 stable is not out yet but yeah for MIUI 9 is there! Here is the link:
https://en.miui.com/thread-3757763-1-1.html
3rd November 2018, 07:38 AM |#7  
Flag Zambia
Thanks Meter: 314

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manthan Gohil

You are jumping from beta to stable. Anytime you flash from beta to stable or vice versa, you'll need to format internal storage. That's how MIUI stupid policy works.

Even if you flash the fastboot rom via Miflash using option to keep data, it'll still ask for the password when you boot and eventually you'll have to format internal storage. It'll be a long process. Instead, use twrp now and format internal storage. Sorry for your loss.

Bootloader will remain unlocked when you use Mi flash. The latest stable is already out, wait for the fastboot links as they will be posted shortly which is 10.0.4.0 based on Oreo. The beta version is now based on Pie.
3rd November 2018, 08:43 AM |#8  

More
beta users here?
is the skip lockscreen option back?
3rd November 2018, 08:52 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 123

More
try in Twrp > Wipe > factory reset when you move between rom. No guarantee though it will help not to format data (Wipe > Format data) for new rom to work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)