FORUMS

LCD panel bleeding light at the bottom chin

73 posts
Thanks Meter: 31
 
By AshDroidG, Member on 5th September 2018, 11:21 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Can any one confirm if they are seeing a bleeding effect at the bottom of the phone lcd panel. Overall the lcd panel of this phone is really bad. Comparing it to my OP2 and the illumination of the panel is too low. Anybody else with the same issues? I have put up a pic of the issue. Updated images of comparison with OP2 (In each pic POCO F1 is the at the top and OP2 at the bottom.)

Update 10/09/2018
First up my apologies for being away for the past 3-4 days. I have been trying to solve the issues with the phone and then over the weekend was caught up in some personal stuff. I thought of updating my original post rather than putting up a new one as this whole thing has come to a conclusion for me. So just a small recap, I bought the phone on 29th AUG in the first flash sale. Received the phone on 31st AUG as soon as I started the phone I found the bottom chin had a weird illumination. After a few days as the issue persisted checked online and found that the LCD panel suffered from light bleeding issues. I just headed here and created this thread and put in a request on Flipkart for a replacement. After that here is what followed.

04.09.2018 - Return requested

05.09.2018 - Got a call from Flipkart that a Technician will visit to check the device and same will be completed by 08.09.2018

07.09.2018 - Technician visited my place and checked the phone, he accepted that there was an issue however he mentioned that it is difficult to observe and explain the issue to his seniors. He however took a pic of the problem so I was hopeful that a replacement would be provided.Late evening I got a SMS that tech visit was completed, I checked the Flipkart app and it said Replaced Rejected. WTF!!!! There was Return option so selected that and the reason I selected was quality issues with product. Was surprised to see that refund request was accepted and someone would pick the package the next day.

08.09.2018 - Courier guy came to pick the package. Since I have kept the back stickers with the bar code and stuff I had just everything back as I had received it. The courier dude was acting smart and since I had already left for work he tried bullying my Mom saying the phone is not working asking what the issue was, me Mum just asked him to shut up check the package had everything and take it like he is supposed to. After checking everything and making sure all accessories are there the courier person took the package. I got a message that package was picked and refund initiated and credit will show up in my account in 3 business days.

10.09.2018 - Credit received

Regarding the Issue
First - This is not a fatal issue and as far as I know LCD bleeding does not increase with time however this is a hardware issue so if you are holding on thinking some software update is going to fix this, then sorry you are wrong.
Second - I don't agree with the "you get what you pay for" argument simply because everyone is paying the same amount of money but having different experience (We can see from pics posted by users that for some the problem is obvious and for some it is minimal and hardly noticeable)
Third - If you have this issue and it doesn't bother you then I would say go ahead and enjoy the phone. If you noticed this after checking this thread then I am sorry
Fourth - I would strongly recommend that people buy this phone taking Replacement/Refund policies of the merchant that is selling the phone into consideration. Guys that have purchased this from Mi website directly and want a replacement are having a tough time and am not sure if Mi website even has a refund policy. For Indian users get this from Flipkart and not Mi website, for other countries make sure Replacement/Refunds are provided in case you want to avail the same.

Final Thoughts -
I though the POCO F1 had great potential to take over from OnePlus as a budget flagship alternative however they messed up. If the POCO team had spent a little more time and may be resources on QA ,Software optimization (bugs in MIUI, bad implementation of curved corners, multi touch issues, etc) and may be a better name {POCO I mean seriously!!! } this phone would have been a serious contender.

Conclusion
I would like to thank everybody that participated in this thread and responded with pics for a comparison. Since I don't have the phone anymore I don't think it would be right for me to post here anymore. I just put a new battery in my OP2 so going to wait for some time and see what the Pixel's gonna be like or the OP6T maybe.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LCD.jpg
Views:	15684
Size:	273.5 KB
ID:	4588845   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic_1.jpg
Views:	12954
Size:	233.9 KB
ID:	4592801   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic_2.jpg
Views:	12832
Size:	224.7 KB
ID:	4592802   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic_3.jpg
Views:	11932
Size:	241.6 KB
ID:	4592803  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AshDroidG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AshDroidG Ad-Free
5th September 2018, 11:40 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Shimla
Thanks Meter: 132
 
More
Looks fine to me on my POCO F1.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180905_160747.jpg
Views:	9646
Size:	232.6 KB
ID:	4588859  
5th September 2018, 11:44 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Yes buddy, I have it too... I verified with 2 other poco f1's
5th September 2018, 11:59 AM |#4  
AshDroidG's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruvy

Looks fine to me on my POCO F1.

Yup this is how it is supposed to be. A google search revealed quite a few Indian users have reported this and Indonesian units too are suffering from this. Do you have the Indian unit or a global one? Also what configuration have you got?
5th September 2018, 12:03 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Shimla
Thanks Meter: 132
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshDroidG

Yup this is how it is supposed to be. A google search revealed quite a few Indian users have reported this and Indonesian units too are suffering from this. Do you have the Indian unit or a global one? Also what configuration have you got?

Indian Unit. 6GB/64GB
5th September 2018, 12:05 PM |#6  
AshDroidG's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaan1991

Yes buddy, I have it too... I verified with 2 other poco f1's

This is so screwed up. I bought the phone coz I liked the Redmi Note 5 Pro I got for my dad. Poco screen looks bad when comparing side by side with Redme Note 5 Pro. Even brightness levels are horrible on Poco screen looks really dim at the same level as RN 5 Pro.
5th September 2018, 12:06 PM |#7  
AshDroidG's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruvy

Indian Unit. 6GB/64GB

Intersting.. I guess I have a defective unit. Hoping replacement is accepted.
5th September 2018, 12:45 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshDroidG

Intersting.. I guess I have a defective unit. Hoping replacement is accepted.

Same here buddy... Indian unit 6/64...Lemme know how the replacement thing goes
5th September 2018, 12:50 PM |#9  
AshDroidG's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaan1991

Same here buddy... Indian unit 6/64...Lemme know how the replacement thing goes

Yes will post an update. The person to check and pickup the phone will come on Saturday. Some guy on reddit mentioned that even the replacement has the same issue but I guess I have to give it a shot.
5th September 2018, 01:17 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshDroidG

Yes will post an update. The person to check and pickup the phone will come on Saturday. Some guy on reddit mentioned that even the replacement has the same issue but I guess I have to give it a shot.

Fingers crossed buddy
6th September 2018, 05:05 AM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshDroidG

Yes will post an update. The person to check and pickup the phone will come on Saturday. Some guy on reddit mentioned that even the replacement has the same issue but I guess I have to give it a shot.

Same here... got it replaced for the same issue and sadly the new one is also having issues....

Now raised a refund as there was no replacement option available...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes