FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Problems currently plaguing the POCO F1

88 posts
Thanks Meter: 31

By GamerArc, Member on 18th May 2019, 12:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have made this thread since a lot of problems which are currently plaguing the POCO F1 are not being discussed properly on XDA. I intend that people will relate to the issues i am posting here which are still unfixed.

1. SLOW CHARGING

The charging speed on the poco has reduced due to thermal throttling. As soon as the battery temperature hits 37, the speed drastically reduces. I can confirm this and i have extensively tested it. I put my poco in front of an air conditioner which reduced battery temperature and the charging bumped upto 2700-2800mah.

Now thermal throttling is good(Especially since its summer season in India) but they should increase a thresholds a bit. My brother used a Asus Zenfone5z and my dad uses a Galaxy S10. On both these sets the charging throttling is not so harsh.

The narrow tolerance range of temperature while charging has lead to extremely bad charging times. This needs to be fixed.

2. Audio Issues ( Especially PUBG)

Try wearing earphones while playing PUBG in a poco and in a different phone. You will instantly notice how muffled/low the sound is in poco. You can barely make out the direction from which the footsteps are coming or the gunshots are being fired. I never realized this untill i played PUBG while wearing earphones in other cellphones. The sound in poco earphones is extremely low. I am not talking about songs in which case the sound loudness seems to be fine. This is mostly the case while playing games.

3. Speakerphone Loudness

I swear the speakerphone loudness had decreased over time. The poco was plenty loud at the start. Now the main speaker loudness just sucks. Whether its watching youtube, netflix or anything else. They have definitely decreased audio volume. Speaker generates considerable amount of heat. Try watching a movie which is already downloaded on your cell and after sometime you will notice that the hottest area to touch of the whole phone is around the main speaker(and not the cpu or gpu).

This makes me wonder whether the main speaker quality was bad right from the start and Xiaomi actually lowered volume to help avoid any issues. In any case, watching youtube is not as fun as before due to low sounding speaker now.

4.Touch Screen Issues

Well what to say about this. I mean there are tons of thread about this already. Xiaomi just release new touch drivers in Miui beta 9.5.6. This means they are still trying to fix touch issues even after almost 9 months of launch. Whether it is multi touch, ghost touch or missed touches. Poco has it all.

The reason is simple. Poor quality touch sensor. Its a hardware issue. Poco had to cut corners somewhere and the touchscreen was the component which took a big hit. The display quality of poco is general is also not good. But i am not complaining due to what all the poco gives at the price point it sit in.

But the touch sensor should not have been compromised with. This is something unacceptable. The general usage experience of the poco due to touch issues is really bad. It frustrates me daily. I have tried tons of custom firmwares too. But then the issue has to be fixed(if at all it can be ever fixed) through vendor firmware. Custom roms or kernels will never fix it. The most major issue of Poco f1-----------still unfixed----its terrible touchscreen.

5. Auto Rotation

I am not sure if many people have noticed this but the auto rotation while using youtube is extremely bad. This is something i won't be able to explain properly but can say this that i am sure many of you find the auto rotation in youtube not to be a seamless experience. This is not the case in other phones.

The accelerometer in general works fine. So i am mostly sure that this must be a software optimization issue.

6. No 4g+ Vodafone

I don't know whats the deal here but poco will never catch 4g+ in Vodafone. At the same spot other phones from nokia, samsung etc does but poco does not. My poco catches 4g+ in Jio but not Vodafone. No matter the spot, the finding remains the same. How can two different manufacturers produce two different results at the same spot even when both the sets in question have lte advanced capability.

I can only assume that there must be some internal issue between xiaomi and Vodafone due to which poco does not support 4g+ in Vodafone. If any1 reading this post has latched onto Vodafone 4g+ successfuly while using a poco please let us know.

P.S.

Using POCO F1 64GB/6GB Indian variant running Miui Global Beta 9.5.17. These issues have persisted through both stable and beta builds and i have tried all.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GamerArc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GamerArc Ad-Free
18th May 2019, 06:55 PM |#2  
Flag Newtownabbey
Thanks Meter: 151

More
I have the Global version of the F1 running Stock MIUI 10.3.4.0 locked bootloader and have not encountered any of the issues you are having.
18th May 2019, 11:30 PM |#3  
Flag Qom
Thanks Meter: 41

More
I had touch problems playing PUBG on poco where the screen just froze and i couldn't do anything, locking and unlocking the phone worked sometimes but it still is a problem

Also had thermal throttling playing pubg for more than 20 minutes, fps dropped down and phone got hot

I don't play any games on my phone anymore so these aren't problems for me anymore but there is one big problem and that being the "call echo" , almost everyone who i had a call with complains about hearing their own voice and it's very annoying, so I'd say this is a very important issue and needs a fix immediately
19th May 2019, 09:30 AM |#4  
OP Member

More
You must be on stable build then. The echo is fixed in beta builds. Can anyone confirm this??? I am not entirely sure but no one is complaining about echo now to me. Was complaining earlier though.
20th May 2019, 02:55 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I can confirm for the speaker loudness issue with listening to songs through headphones or earphones the sound is good.
But the speaker is not that loud and i constantly need to keep changing volumes when watching YouTube video through speaker.
In pubg i need to keep the sound at full through earphones then only its usable.Before this Poco i was using Zenfone Max Pro M1 and its sound quality was lot better as compared to poco at least with speakers and in pubg,i never used to keep my sounds more than 60-65 %.
20th May 2019, 06:42 AM |#6  
Flag Jaipur, Rajasthan
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Nice topic!
Anyways I'm completely agree with your point 1,2 & 3.
For Point No. 4 I didn't face any touch issue yet. I bought this device 21 sept. 2018. But I heard that many people have touch related issue. So maybe I'm lucky one.
For Point No. 5, I didn't face any auto rotation issue till date.
For Point NO. 6, I don't have vodafone But I saw a screenshot of poco f1 somewhere, It shown 4g+ at status bar with vodafone network.

I'm on miui global beta 9.5.9
20th May 2019, 10:32 AM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stransky

I have the Global version of the F1 running Stock MIUI 10.3.4.0 locked bootloader and have not encountered any of the issues you are having.

You are quite lucky then. Can you share Vodafone 4g+ screenshot?
20th May 2019, 10:34 AM |#8  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio553

I can confirm for the speaker loudness issue with listening to songs through headphones or earphones the sound is good.
But the speaker is not that loud and i constantly need to keep changing volumes when watching YouTube video through speaker.
In pubg i need to keep the sound at full through earphones then only its usable.Before this Poco i was using Zenfone Max Pro M1 and its sound quality was lot better as compared to poco at least with speakers and in pubg,i never used to keep my sounds more than 60-65 %.

They have definitely reduced speaker volume. Though its not that bad but its lower than before and as you said, while watching youtube etc, slight background nooses ruins the whole experience. It was louder before for sure.

However, the audio in pubg while using earphones...the difference feom other phones is MASSIVE. People need to check other phones to realise what i am talking about.
20th May 2019, 10:37 AM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshsharmagamerz

Nice topic!
Anyways I'm completely agree with your point 1,2 & 3.
For Point No. 4 I didn't face any touch issue yet. I bought this device 21 sept. 2018. But I heard that many people have touch related issue. So maybe I'm lucky one.
For Point No. 5, I didn't face any auto rotation issue till date.
For Point NO. 6, I don't have vodafone But I saw a screenshot of poco f1 somewhere, It shown 4g+ at status bar with vodafone network.

I'm on miui global beta 9.5.9

Auto rotation is a minor issue in only youtube... Not that major i agree... Lucky you got a touch issue free device.

Touch issues are there thats why they recently released new touch drivers in 9.5.6.

Can you share that screenshot bro??
20th May 2019, 11:28 AM |#10  
Flag Haridwar
Thanks Meter: 4

More
The only major issue I have for now is audio loudness, I used to listen songs on YouTube at around 80% volume but after recent updates even full volume feels insufficient. Also I feel BT volume has gone down though I am not sure about it.
Touch issues are there for me too but I dont play any game so its a minor thing for me
20th May 2019, 02:54 PM |#11  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raman.hwr

The only major issue I have for now is audio loudness, I used to listen songs on YouTube at around 80% volume but after recent updates even full volume feels insufficient. Also I feel BT volume has gone down though I am not sure about it.
Touch issues are there for me too but I dont play any game so its a minor thing for me

I think they reduced volume so as to generate less heat. Speaker generates good amount of heat. Maybe high volume would have lead to high heat and damage to speaker..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)