FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[COLLECTION][HOW TO] Pocophone F1 Problems and How To Fix It

166 posts
Thanks Meter: 100

By Mohd Haikal, Senior Member on 7th November 2018, 09:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Pocophone F1

as we all know this device has become a viral and hot topic in the smartphone industry, why? because it comes with a crazy specification at a very reasonable price, but most Pocophone users complain about the problem of this phone, so without wasting time, let's look at the list of problems often faced by Pocophone users and how to handle it.

NOTE : This is not 100% solution, maybe some tricks, suggestion, mods will solved your problem , Atleast we can solve the problems to improve user experience.

1) Screen Bleeding Issue.

This issue I think the most popular one , Screen bleeding issue , keep in mind in order to cut the cost, Poco F1 using IPS LCD Display, screen bleeding issue is present in almost LCD equipped phones , a very small has bleed which is apparent during regular use, So this problems is NORMAL for devices that use IPS LCD display type , But this happen just for some users, If you dont like it, try to use your warranty to change a new unit.

2) Touchscreen Lag

The big problems for gamers , touchscreen lag, many users say it was a software problems , in order to solve this, please make sure your software is up to date and recommended to use Stable version to avoid any much problem. For me I personally also play a games. I play Free Fire but the touch was working great and its running smoothly. I dont play PUBG so i dont know how unresponsive it is.

3) PUBG Notch

For now , PUBG team only fix the notch only for India, But soon they will fix it for all users, For now, in order to hide the notch , we can manually hide it from Settings / Full Screen Display / Hide Notch.

4) Ugly Big Notch

In order to solve this, u need to know why the notch is too big, this is because Poco developers put all the things inside the notch such as Infrared Lens, Infrared Lightning, Proximity Sensor, Earpiece, and 20MP front camera. So this is why its too big, but for me , Its not a big deal because i knew that notch was helped me out to unlock my face even in the dark and helps me a lot.

j

5) Battery Percentage Issue

Pffftt.. Just use Miui 10 and it solved. Or use theme.

6) Notifications Icon just for a few seconds

Every users have their own way they like, some just like the clock , some just OK with 2 seconds notifications icons and some want BOTH at the same time. Okay so dont worry , Xioami is a developer friendly, Unlock bootloader and root your device doesnt void your warranty, so in this case we gonna do some modifications on system. If you want both (notifications icons & clock) at the same time, you can use the MOD below. Click the link and just follow the instruction.

http://en.miui.com/thread-4337763-1-1.html

7) Battery draining Issue

Try to turn off Wifi and Bluetooth scanning in settings. Just go to settings and search "scanning" or if you have twrp installed, try to use Sphinx Kernel.

8) Not really quickcharge.

I dont know why people saying this but for me its works fast enough ! If this is not fast enough for you, I recommended using Sphinx Custom Kernel. It can up your fast charge to 900mah ! Everything about Sphinx Kernel just click the link below

https://forum.xda-developers.com/poc...-v1-7-t3861911

thanks for the developers .

9) Average Camera.

This is the hardware issue. From the poco slogan "Master Of Speed" and not "Master Of Photography" we can know that Pocophone is focusing on your perfomance not your camera. Want better camera ? "Pay more and get more"

10) Poor Build Quality

In order to cut the cost , Build quality in Poco is not at good enough, But hey , use the CASE. your problems solved !

Anything common problems found in Pocophone ? Reply here , instead of asking our developers how many days they need to fix, we try to fix that maybe for temporary used while waiting for updates from Poco Developers. Please state your problems in the comments section, maybe we can fix that together.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mohd Haikal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mohd Haikal Ad-Free
7th November 2018, 10:49 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Lol, what did you achieve with this post? This is all common sense
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to akhileshr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift akhileshr Ad-Free
7th November 2018, 11:56 AM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhileshr

Lol, what did you achieve with this post? This is all common sense

yeah. i posted this because so many people like to ask common sense question, so i answered it in common sense answer .
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mohd Haikal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mohd Haikal Ad-Free
7th November 2018, 03:46 PM |#4  
Flag Antwerp
Thanks Meter: 25

More
"..Poco F1 using IPS LCD Display, screen bleeding issue is present in almost LCD equipped phones ...."

Hmmm... I disagree. I have a Honor 8 which has a perfect LCD screen. No bleeding at all. It cost even less and it even has an IR-blaster. So it IS possible to have a great screen at an affordable pricetag. Especially when everything else is cheaper. The Honor 8 has a camera with both laser-af and PDAF, it has a multi-color notification LED etc...

So using its price as a excuse to justify its flaws (or even broken parts) doesn't sit well.
7th November 2018, 06:50 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohd Haikal

Okay so dont worry , Xioami is a developer friendly, Unlock bootloader and root your device doesnt void your warranty, so in this case we gonna do some modifications on system.

Is it for all countries?

I did not find an official source...
And.... they never answered me on facebook, Twitter or email...
7th November 2018, 07:59 PM |#6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by epdm2be

"..Poco F1 using IPS LCD Display, screen bleeding issue is present in almost LCD equipped phones ...."

Hmmm... I disagree. I have a Honor 8 which has a perfect LCD screen. No bleeding at all. It cost even less and it even has an IR-blaster. So it IS possible to have a great screen at an affordable pricetag. Especially when everything else is cheaper. The Honor 8 has a camera with both laser-af and PDAF, it has a multi-color notification LED etc...

So using its price as a excuse to justify its flaws (or even broken parts) doesn't sit well.

can you use your warranty ? change for the new unit. Im lucky doesnt have that problem.
7th November 2018, 08:00 PM |#7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by CageotRoger

Is it for all countries?

I did not find an official source...
And.... they never answered me on facebook, Twitter or email...

this is official statement From xiaomi. For all countries.
7th November 2018, 09:46 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by epdm2be

ermmm its already been discussed , its due to the placement of the backlight at the bottom of lcd , look at honor 8 the chin below is so big , ample space.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)