FORUMS

[Fix] multi touch/ghost touch issue

46 posts
Thanks Meter: 37

By okaraosp29, Member on 2nd September 2018, 05:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Those who don't know there are some people having ghost touch issues on POCO f1 and one guy able to capture it on the video. I personally didn't had the issue but after trying I was able to recreate the issue on my device. soon after I found the cause and able to fix the issue. this may or may not work on your device but absolutely worked for me. this seems to be a software bug. and no-one needs to panic. hopefully it will be fixed in next update.

how to recreate the issue?

Steps
1. download a multi touch tester app I used this
2. first do some testing yourself see if you can spot the issue
3. now do 3 finger swipe down (phone will take screenshot)
4. now randomly touch your screen with 1 or 2 fingers you'll notice 1 or 2 ghost touches.

How to fix Fix it?

Steps
1. go to settings>additional settings>button and gesture shortcuts>take a screenshot
2. and set it to none.
3. reboot

that's it!
the issue should be fixed

please let me know whether this worked for you or not
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to okaraosp29 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift okaraosp29 Ad-Free
2nd September 2018, 06:48 PM |#2  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 1,681

More
Yes.
As you mentioned issue was there.
But fixed with those steps.
2nd September 2018, 08:31 PM |#3  
Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by okaraosp29

Those who don't know there are some people having ghost touch issues on POCO f1 and one guy able to capture it on the video. I personally didn't had the issue but after trying I was able to recreate the issue on my device. soon after I found the cause and able to fix the issue. this may or may not work on your device but absolutely worked for me. this seems to be a software bug. and no-one needs to panic. hopefully it will be fixed in next update.

how to recreate the issue?

Steps
1. download a multi touch tester app I used this
2. first do some testing yourself see if you can spot the issue
3. now do 3 finger swipe down (phone will take screenshot)
4. now randomly touch your screen with 1 or 2 fingers you'll notice 1 or 2 ghost touches.

How to fix Fix it?

Steps
1. go to settings>additional settings>button and gesture shortcuts>take a screenshot
2. and set it to none.
3. reboot

that's it!
the issue should be fixed

please let me know whether this worked for you or not

Good stuff. I was skeptical at first since I knew something was off sometimes. Thanks for confirming it. Should be fixed if they took notice of this bug.
2nd September 2018, 08:49 PM |#4  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Thanks! The issue is 100% reproducible with the app. By turning off 3 finger screenshot shortcut, the issue goes away.
3rd September 2018, 03:08 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Guys, please file a bug, so this can be fixed and we can go back to using this feature.
3rd September 2018, 06:47 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
1.Yes, that issue is due to the screenshot feature, but shouldn't the phone be able to distinguish between 3 finger touch and more than 3? Either take screenshot on four finger swipe or register it.

2.Can you please confirm if there is accuracy problem in PUBG aiming when you use multitouch? Like the multitouch bugs in Pixel and Zenfone Max Pro but quite subtle, the thing about the other devices are, they look and have been acknowledged by the respective companies regarding the issue but in our case, Xiaomi or Poco is making no announcement or anything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5K2N6McC_s
The Following User Says Thank You to shailendra1993 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shailendra1993 Ad-Free
3rd September 2018, 08:02 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
The issue comes up after taking a 3 finger screenshot, but disabling may not be the only solution as this feature is quite useful also

What I have noticed is that after taking screenshot ghost touch is there till we use 1,2 or 3 fingers. Once we use 4, 5 or higher fingers the issue goes away.
Isn't it better to just touch screen with 4 fingers after taking a screenshot which somehow resets the ghost touch issue.
Have tried this solution with multi touch tester app
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sanjay0501 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sanjay0501 Ad-Free
3rd September 2018, 04:46 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Mine is just fine even when 3 finger swipe screenshot is switched on
3rd September 2018, 05:49 PM |#9  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 1,681

More
I can confirm that ghost touch issue still persist even when disabling three finger screenshot.
Mostly visible in pubg.
4th September 2018, 05:23 AM |#11  
Flag Tangerang
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I didn't relize the issue but nice posting
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)