[GUIDE] Ways to decrease battery drain for poco

Search This thread

magaedy

Jan 15, 2014
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Hello guys,

I am happy to share some ways to decrease battery drain for which is problem for most poco stock miui non root users:

1- Go to every app you don't want on background (always active) and make it (restricted backgroud activity) through Settings-Manage app-choose your app-battery saver

2- For system app: you can do the same by going Settings-Manage app-choose your app-permissions-information icon-battery-choose first option and then restrict app

3- Network signals some times drains battery alot, you could decrease it by changing network bands by the following:
Go to dialer and write (*#*#4636#*#*)-phone information-set preferred network-choose LTE\CDMA\UMTS auto prl (tested on global rom was good), note that you need to change it again after every reboot

4- Disable adaptive limit battery option through Setting-battery&perfomance

5-Activate force close button through Setting-additional setting-buttons&gestures-close current app and choose shortcut you want, then at any app you should force close when you are finished with it.

6- Go to every MIUI app and disable automatic updates and recommendation receive

7- Disable location when you are finished through Setting-additional settings-privacy-location and also disable wifi scanning after every disable

8- Go to Google app through Settings-Google and disable every activity on it as you can

9- Install Greenify app from store and work with (non root device) and hibernate all apps you don't need as background

10- Disable automatic brightness, and also decrease the brightness as you can to save power

11- Go to settings-additional settings-privacy-special access-Battery optimization and then make all apps (optimized)

12-Go to settings-additional settings-authorization&revocation and then disable all apps except (updater-system app updater-feedback-battery&performance-Xiaomi sim activation-settings)

I hope these steps could help you and I'm waiting your comments for additional ways or correcting anything

Last edited:

Hemudon

Jul 19, 2017
Just wondering wtf is even benefit of 4000mah battery if we need to disable every single app to get battery life. It's their optimisation not good with the latest stable build of miui

purplet

Jan 9, 2011
Just wondering wtf is even benefit of 4000mah battery if we need to disable every single app to get battery life. It's their optimisation not good with the latest stable build of miui
Its not their thing its an android thing. It gets heavier with every update, and since they (its a good thing gone bad) made a lot of those updates standalone of android version it makes like old tablets unusable over the yeras unlike them ipads.

That being said, the advantage of having 4000mah battery is that you still get through every day and have more than the usual midrange 3000mah phone. I get through any day for weeks now even playing games. The tips in this thread are awesome and apply to any phone:).

GBoTwice

May 27, 2019
Hello guys,
I am happy to share some ways to decrease battery drain for which is problem for most poco stock miui non root users:
[...]
Hi magaedy, this list is very useful thank you very much.
Thanks to a RF detector, i found out that my Poco was emitting very often without being sollicited, now I know what to try first.
(In case you are interested in my setup, you can have a look on YouTube searching JaMa6iK4lbM).
Again thanks a lot, this forum is really interesting.
Regards.

Reactions: magaedy

magaedy

Jan 15, 2014
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Hi magaedy, this list is very useful thank you very much.
Thanks to a RF detector, i found out that my Poco was emitting very often without being sollicited, now I know what to try first.
(In case you are interested in my setup, you can have a look on YouTube searching JaMa6iK4lbM).
Again thanks a lot, this forum is really interesting.
Regards.

I saw your video and cannot completely understand as it is very advanced but what I want to ask is if poco is emiting waves too much to be harmful on our health ?????

Last edited:

GBoTwice

May 27, 2019
I saw your video and cannot completely understand as it is very advanced but what I want to ask is if poco is emiting waves too much to be harmful on our health ?????
Hi magaedy, no, the Pocophone F1 has nothing special regarding its RF electromagnetic radiation, it is just that I own one and that I can do some tests with it. In terms of SAR (Specific Absorption Rate), the Poco even complies with the FCC threshold which is the most stringent.
As a personal point view, i would just avoid to keep it onto my body when i must upload big files, or onto my head for long phone calls, especially when i'm not sure about the RF coverage (bad coverage implies that the mobile emits at its full power, which is e.g. 2 watts in GSM 900).
Depending on my LED light, now I can tell for sure :)
Rgds,
GBoTwice

Reactions: magaedy
G

GuestK00460

1.Uninstall unused apps
2.Force stop every app
3.turn on airplane mode when u r not use phn.
4.stop few sensor-brightness,gyro,ambient(if there is any software to stop sensor forcefully pls reffer)
5.User suggest BO,i suggest battery optimize must be off
6.use magisk lkt-battery
7.*DONT PLAY PUBG* its a battery hunger demon.

3DRIAN

Nov 18, 2014
I would also wanted to add some battery saving tips:
1. Stick to only one, either Google or MIUI, cloud sync provider then disable everything you don't need on the other.
2. Go to Settings -> Permissions -> Other permissions -> Permissions (tab) -> Start in Background. Only choose the apps that you wanted permissions to receive notifications or third-party sync apps regularly. Others should be disabled. (IDK if this conflicts with MIUI's battery saver but I did it anyway).
3. Disable Double tap to wake or enable it in combination with pocket mode.
4. Put your phone on your pocket with display facing your leg. Prevents false trigger of FP scanner.

BentMetal

Jan 16, 2014
I have another suggestion. If using a custom ROM, don't install GApps. Instead use MicroG . I haven't done a side by side comparison, and I'll admit my usage today has been fairly lite, but so far my battery life is great!
I'm running the latest AOSiP ROM.

Attachments

• Screenshot_Settings_20190704-123935.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20190704-123935.png
    123.7 KB · Views: 619

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys,

1- Go to every app you don't want on background (always active) and make it (restricted backgroud activity) through Settings-Manage app-choose your app-battery saver

2- For system app: you can do the same by going Settings-Manage app-choose your app-permissions-information icon-battery-choose first option and then restrict app

3- Network signals some times drains battery alot, you could decrease it by changing network bands by the following:
    Go to dialer and write (*#*#4636#*#*)-phone information-set preferred network-choose LTE\CDMA\UMTS auto prl (tested on global rom was good), note that you need to change it again after every reboot

4- Disable adaptive limit battery option through Setting-battery&perfomance

5-Activate force close button through Setting-additional setting-buttons&gestures-close current app and choose shortcut you want, then at any app you should force close when you are finished with it.

6- Go to every MIUI app and disable automatic updates and recommendation receive

7- Disable location when you are finished through Setting-additional settings-privacy-location and also disable wifi scanning after every disable

8- Go to Google app through Settings-Google and disable every activity on it as you can

9- Install Greenify app from store and work with (non root device) and hibernate all apps you don't need as background

10- Disable automatic brightness, and also decrease the brightness as you can to save power

11- Go to settings-additional settings-privacy-special access-Battery optimization and then make all apps (optimized)

12-Go to settings-additional settings-authorization&revocation and then disable all apps except (updater-system app updater-feedback-battery&performance-Xiaomi sim activation-settings)

I hope these steps could help you and I'm waiting your comments for additional ways or correcting anything
    next guide will include stop using the phone and turning it off completely
    Its not their thing its an android thing. It gets heavier with every update, and since they (its a good thing gone bad) made a lot of those updates standalone of android version it makes like old tablets unusable over the yeras unlike them ipads.

That being said, the advantage of having 4000mah battery is that you still get through every day and have more than the usual midrange 3000mah phone. I get through any day for weeks now even playing games. The tips in this thread are awesome and apply to any phone:).
    I might as well advise you to clean your USB type-c port once in a while with toothpick since dusts can cause unnecessary wakelocks to your device