Overall love

Search This thread

round2

Oct 16, 2018
It's records 8min of 4k then stops. Try it yourself. 1080p doesnt do that.
Also, the little dot you get on a app icon stays there for a long time after you checked the app for a notification.
Also sometimes, often actually, it won't play notification sounds especially if you choose your own.
Also when 2 or more people text you in s group message, the message is suppose to show up as a group in one text but instead the group text conversation is split up and I get a text from each person in a separate text. So group texting don't work.
Also can't tell if phone is connected to aptx device in aptx mode. Usually on other phones you get a small popup telling you that you have connected to an aptx capable device.
Also fingerprint sensor is not sensitive. I often gotta manual doy pattern instead.
Also the speaker in phone calls needs to be louder
Good things about phone:
Price.
Selfie cam resolution.
Large screen
Baterry life.
Fast speedy rresponse to open things.
Easy root
Fast battery charge.
Loud speaker for ringtones and notification
Records phone calls
Records screen in video and pictures
Has fm radio with recorder to record missed radio shows
Comes with a decent OS cleaner to delete useless logs and junk files

Did I say the price? ?

Last edited:

BentMetal

Jan 16, 2014
My previous device was the RN4X, which I was quite happy with. I bought the Poco F1 a couple of days ago and I'm blown away. All of my previous devices had been rooted and I would flash a different rom every couple of days.
Today I figured out that I didn't have to root in order to change from global stable to global Dev, so I did, and I'm so happy with it that right now it feels that rooting doesn't need to happen.
The battery life on this thing is outstanding. For me and my usage habits I have got a day and a half easily. I bet I could get 2 days if I had better cell reception at my house.
The huge top notch doesn't bother me at all.
Fingerprint unlock is ultra fast.

6GB of RAM, 128GB of storage and the SD845 gives this monster wings.

Much love for this device.

w1040

Jan 5, 2013
I love it so much. The battery, stereo speaker, awesome in gaming, camera is actually decent for a midrange device. But, I dropped my poco f1 for the first time today, i dropped it accidentally when im holding my poco f1, car keys and my vape with one hand, then my poco fall to a concrete cement and then bounced into a drain grill and then it slips into the drain. I was in shocked and panic. But luckily im using a tough case that i just bought 3 days ago. Luckily there's no scratch anywhere i was soo glad. Im thankful to my 3 days ago self cause i bought a case for my poco. If i didnt bought the case my poco would probably be cracked or have a huge scratches and i would cry myself out. Still love my poco!

round2

Oct 16, 2018
Battery life is superior to any other phone I've had.
Phone is fast. No lags, ever.
Takes good video and pics.
I love the screen recorder and the call recorder.
Charges really fast
Speaker is loud and easily understood both in speaker phone and during phone calls in the upper speaker.
Sound quality for music and movie playback on headphones is good just like most high end phones.
Screen is nice and bright with clarity.

So etimes I gotta press buttons several times on Screen to make it type. Notifications, both the sound and icons usually never work. Ringer works but text doesn't, email does only sometimes.
You gotta be careful with the stock cleaner app because it will recommend you to delete files you want. Like personal pics and vids.
4k video recording has a 8 min time limit.
The notch is frigging aggravating.
The ROM seems to be sending my data to China.
Can't debloat entirely or it will quit working all together.
No group texting in the stock text app which is retarded

For 300$ it's decent. However the main issues for me and others have been the notifications not working and the lack of group conversation in text.

Xiaomi needs to fix these 2 issues soon. If they don't, future sales will drop big time. Tbh. I'll sell it and pay more for a capable phone if they don't fix these issues.

Also for phuck sake, allow us to remove the stock cleaner and also chrome. Can't remove it.. unless I want a dead phone .

Last edited:

round2

Oct 16, 2018
I love it so much. The battery, stereo speaker, awesome in gaming, camera is actually decent for a midrange device. But, I dropped my poco f1 for the first time today, i dropped it accidentally when im holding my poco f1, car keys and my vape with one hand, then my poco fall to a concrete cement and then bounced into a drain grill and then it slips into the drain. I was in shocked and panic. But luckily im using a tough case that i just bought 3 days ago. Luckily there's no scratch anywhere i was soo glad. Im thankful to my 3 days ago self cause i bought a case for my poco. If i didnt bought the case my poco would probably be cracked or have a huge scratches and i would cry myself out. Still love my poco!
Tell us what case please...
A link would be great also

pingufanpoy

Feb 18, 2018
upsides:
very good performance in daylight conditions
decent high end lcd display
845 Processor for cheap (beats s9 and note 9 in performance tests)
Can root, unlock bootloader
A strong dev community, weekly feedback from devs
Very popular phone
headphone jack
usb c
fast charging 3.0 (4.0 also supported but extremely hard to find)
company isn't awful like huawei or lenovo (disgusting business practices these two)
sd card support (the mi8 and oneplus 6 don't have support)

notes: all phones suck in direct sunlight, this is baseline decent i wouldnt use it in direct sunlight
i felt urged to buying a used oneplus 5t just for the ois and amoled in the same price point
should have researched before buying, you could get a mi 8 for the same price off of ali express

downsides:
no ois, so trash stabilization, blurry EIS, bad lowlight (google night sight is amazing but smudges photos slightly because of the lack of ois)
no nfc, not supported in my country so i don't care
bugs, lots of them, every week every update, fix something breaks something
no 720p / 1080p 60 fps, even budget phones from xiaomi have them? wtf?
our display only reaches about 84% of ntsc
40 usd more expensive than india or china (price of import?, warranty i guess?)

Last edited:

B.E.O.

Nov 24, 2016
Speaker Position.....

When I hold the phone in my right hand I always rest it on my pinky to hold it up. when I do this the speaker sits right on my pinky and gets covered up. This is a bad ting for me. Its how I'm able to do one handed operations by cradling the phone in hand and resting on the pinky.

Just got it today and that, plus it isn't as wide as I hoped. It is the same width as my note 2. I was looking for something with a little more real-estate but this is just longer.

srahman53171618

Jan 20, 2017
I don't know if this came in after the most recent 10.2.2.0 update or not (official stable) but Poco now has an option in addional settings >buttons and gestures to launch Google assistant with a 0.5s press of power button like OnePlus. I. LOVE. THIS. Allows me to get Google assistant with one hand and one button while in full screen gesture mode. #thankyou

Last edited:
Reactions: djokoan and jhu37

w1040

Jan 5, 2013
I don't know if this came in after the most recent 10.2.2.0 update or not (official stable) but Poco now has an option in addional settings >buttons and gestures to launch Google assistant with a 0.5s press of power button like OnePlus. I. LOVE. THIS. Allows me to get Google assistant with one hand and one button while in full screen gesture mode. #thankyou

Yes its a new feature for 10.2.2.0 and thanks for that. I didnt know.

Reactions: djokoan

shyamvora5

May 31, 2015
I was seriously not a great fan of the notch n gestures..... But guess what now I'm loving it!!!
The time n battery with signal indicators around the notch is a great way to use the space.
Face unlock is the best thing that ever happened to me!
The gestures on this phone is amazing, but the back gesture has to be more efficient as the screen protector Kinda interefere??
N lastly the speed... It's fast!
Only thing I'm waiting for is the notifications n battery percentage for notification panels. Hopefully they update it fast.

Use notch notifications for miui app from play store

jvdv360

Nov 28, 2007
I come from an S7 edge.
Pro: It's a fast phone, good battery life, reasonably well designed UI (Samsung UI was still more polished).
Con: screen is vastly inferior to an AMOLED I got used to.
But hey, what do you want? For that price I can now only get a Samsung A40 or A50, with gorgious screen and decent looks, but inferior battery life and performance. I'm using the phone mostly indoors, so I gave up the amoled and haven't had any regrets.
To be improved: do not combine normal security updates with feature upgrades. In other words: do a monthly update, and then have a separate track for the features.

Jul 8, 2020
Ahmedabad
This is the best device I have ever used. I just love how POCO F1 works. It has more custom ROM developers so if you want to get rid of the MIUI you can have more options for custom Roms.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am more interested in SOT when using 4G all day. Anything above 5 hours would be awesome. 10 hours of SOT with WiFi is nothing short of an achievement.
    Well I have got 7+ hours of SOT with 4G. Mainly setting up new apps, playing PubG and watching youtube.
    Got thru 4 gb of data in those 7+ hrs , so yes I am pretty happy.
    Now on 85%battery after 1.5 hrs SOT and 1 hr of calls.
    I've been using Poco for a month now. Although I think it's pretty awesome for the price, I have a feeling they should have executed some things a little bit better.
    Poco reminds me of the day the Oneplus One came out, which was a little bit more competitive at the time.

Don't get me wrong, Poco is a phenomenal device but there are a few drawbacks, especially software bugs that are ruining the real life usage on some occasions.

Previously I used MI 6, which I still have, and it was probably the best android phone I ever owned, and I owned a lot of them. It was the reason I fell in love with Xiaomi for offering excellent devices at competitive prices, excellent hardware, frequent updates and dev support. Hell, even MI 5 is a joy to use these days due to phenomenal support.

After my experiences with Samsung/Huawei/Sony/Motorola etc. my conclusion is that only Xiaomi and Oneplus are devices worth the money, and not because of the cheaper price, but because of real life usage.

To get back on the subject, my MI 6 flies in comparison to Poco, it feels much snappier, touch sensitivity is much better, camera experience is similar. Poco's best feature for now, at least for me is the battery. I cannot kill this thing. I get 7 to 9h of SOT every time, and it's a real treat knowing I don't have to check battery level every time I leave the house for a longer period of time.

If Xiaomi fixes a few software bugs (and they will), this will be a real flagship, no matter of the price. Some things are not so visually pleasing, notch is too wide, screen corners are too round etc., but everything is working as it should, hopefully even better with future updates.

Some companies executed this "affordable flagship" category a little bit better, like Meizu. Take a look at their Meizu 16th (Snapdragon 845, 8gb RAM, notchless amoled display,premium build, etc) for almost the same price, but I wouldn't advise owning it, assuming support will not be so good.

My point is, even the cheapest "top spec" phones have competition, and first impression is the one that counts the most. People are picky, and small things matter. Xiaomi should benefit from these small complaints upon release od Poco f2.

Conclusion: If you need to upgrade go for the MI 8 since price difference is not so big anymore. Go for the Poco only if you need above average battery life.

Thank you
    After using the phone for almost a day, I must say that the battery life is amazing. 10 hours of SOT is something I had never heard before but after using the phone, I'm more than impressed with the battery life. PS: on WiFi, over 80 apps installed.
    In love with the device from day 1 even the gaming performance is impressive. Loving the Poco F1.